How to get the preorder paint ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

realtitef
x4

How to get the preorder paint ?

Post by realtitef » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 21:53

I just preordered X4 then linked this account with my Steam account. Restarted Steam client, but the paint mod bonus don't show in the DLC section of the game page. The collector edition content does show up though.

Is there a thing I missed ?

Thanks.

csaba
x4

Re: How to get the preorder paint ?

Post by csaba » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 21:59

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 13:30
  • Exclusive pre-order paint mod (requires Egosoft community account connected with Steam account)
  • The X Universe digital artbook 2018: Enjoy the concept art behind the X universe.
  • X Novel: Nopileos by Helge Kautz as English and German eBook.
  • Digital Soundtrack: Download the music, including exclusive versions of the trailer and teaser music in highest possible quality.
  • The X4 Collector's Edition will also include the first two Expansions for X4: FOUNDATIONS:
    • First Expansion planned to be released in 2019
    • Second Expansion planned to be released later
None of these show up for me. I guess it will be clearer closer to release?

To be fair "X4 Foundations Collector's Edition Content" is in the DLC window, which should include all of these. I'm not sure how the paint will be handled though.

I wouldn't mind something like this:

Last edited by csaba on Thu, 8. Nov 18, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 22:04

It isn't a 'proper' DLC because it cannot be bought separately and is not even included in the post-release basic game to CE content upgrade (as far as I can see) although that does include access to 2 future gameplay DLCs. I would expect that the paint mod (which is not the in-game painting facility) will come all bundled through your Steam-Egosoft linkage when your preordered CE edition is released and downloaded.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 22:12

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 22:04
It isn't a 'proper' DLC because it cannot be bought separately and is not even included in the post-release basic game to CE content upgrade (as far as I can see) although that does include access to 2 future gameplay DLCs. I would expect that the paint mod (which is not the in-game painting facility) will come all bundled through your Steam-Egosoft linkage when your preordered CE edition is released and downloaded.
Yea but you can see the Artbook listed in the picture I edited into my former post and that's in a bundle you cannot buy separately.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 22:16

The artbook is in the separately available post-release basic game->CE content upgrade (or DLC if you like). The paint mod is a simple and straight preorder bonus and is not (or so I think).

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 22:24

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 22:16
The artbook is in the separately available post-release basic game->CE upgrade (or DLC if you like). The paint mod is a simple and straight preorder bonus and is not (or so I think).
Errhmm... That's a bit stretching it.

Although I can reassure OP that people who preordered XRebirth in 2013 got the Teladi Outpost DLC later for free. So Egosofts registristation system does seem to work.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 22:30

"Errhmm... That's a bit stretching it." In what way? I genuinely don't see the problem.

If you preorder the CE you get both a discount and a simple paint mod as preorder incentives/bonuses.

If you don't preorder the CE you can still preorder the basic game but get no discount nor paint mod. You then have the option after release of buying the CE content upgrade which still does not include the paint mod.

If you get the whole CE including game + extras after release, you still don't get the paint mod. What is so difficult with that?

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 23:25

Won't the CE pre-order and standard bonuses be available from the Egosoft website, just like the X3AP Bonus Pack, and other addons?
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

barszcz
x4

Post by barszcz » Fri, 9. Nov 18, 00:48

csaba wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 22:24
[...]
Although I can reassure OP that people who preordered XRebirth in 2013 got the Teladi Outpost DLC later for free. So Egosofts registristation system does seem to work.
I think, that was done through Steam only, because I didn't have the games registered with Egosoft at the time (I haven't linked my account yet).

Edit: And I got Teladi Outpost ofc
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Nov 18, 10:32

@ Zombie: Yes, up until release you can buy everything for the preorder CE through either the Egosoft shop or Steam and that includes all the extras, the discount and paint mod too (or you can preorder just the basic game alone). After release date, it isn't preorder any more and so you won't get the discount nor the exclusive paint mod any more but of course you can then get basic game, upgrades and/or DLCs etc through both sources.

All release delivery options are linked via keys to Steam downloads (some keys from the cheaper regional sources may have region locks to avoid attracting key-shark/tout practices). Egosoft have recently confirmed after negotiations with potential publisher DeepSilver that there is no prospect of affordable physical (DVD/BD + books etc) CE or basic game versions (boxsets) appearing any time soon.

Return to “X4: Foundations”