Updating AP to the latest patch... what am I missing?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sidd
x3ap

Updating AP to the latest patch... what am I missing?

Post by sidd » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 18:22

So probably I'm dumb or something, but I'm trying to update AP from 3.1 to 3.3 with no success. I have multiple installations so I'm trying to update manually.

I found this page where I downaloaded the TC patches, since there wasn't any AP patch I supposed they were packaged together, but when I install the patches it seems that AP isn't modified at all.

Here I can see what files have been changed in AP but looking at the folder nothing is changed. Help!

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Updating AP to the latest patch... what am I missing?

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 05:46

Hi,

Steam always delivers the newest version. You don't need to actively download any patches.

cu
Raienr

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 06:49

The last version of TC is the 3.4

The last version of AP is corrected to 3.3

Also I recommend you to download the bonus packs for those games. they have very nice signed mods.

All of this is in the tag Downloadshttps://www.egosoft.com/download/index_en.php in the home page of this forum
Last edited by Erqco on Tue, 30. Oct 18, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

sidd
x3ap

Post by sidd » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 08:33

Thanks for the replies, but none of you answered my questions. As I said above I'm trying to update manually since I have multiple installations.

I know that if I reinstall (I had uninstalled it afetr copy-pasting the X3 folder and using Non-Steam executable) through Steam I'll have the latest versions but I was trying to avoid it. It was easy for TC, but I didn't find anything to update AP ( whose lateset version is 3.3, not 2.5).

So the real question is Why i cannot update manually AP but I can for TC? Or where can I find the AP manual updates?

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 12:10

You will have to link one of your multiple installations to Steam. And then let Steam update that installation for you.

You can then copy the updated parts of that installation to the other installations ( look at the file dates).

I doubt that you will find a manual update pack, as the never was one. And any one that you find would be probably be classed as a pirate one.

sidd
x3ap

Post by sidd » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 20:59

Martin Head wrote:
Tue, 30. Oct 18, 12:10
I doubt that you will find a manual update pack, as the never was one.
Yeah I was searching for a shortcut that never existed, now I know. Thanks for the help.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”