X3 AP questions to CAG and EQ docks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alexeiy
x3ap

X3 AP questions to CAG and EQ docks

Post by Alexeiy » Thu, 25. Oct 18, 13:46

Hello everyone,

I'm starting a new commonwealth playtrough and therefor wanted to use boron EQ docks as trading Hubs, since they have an infinite amount of hangar places for TS ships. Can I use CAGs in general to buy or sell the listed wares of the EQ? If yes, can I set up a buy at minimun and sell at average price command with one boron EQ dock, or will I need 2 for that, one for buying and one for selling? How effective are CLS at providing additional warebuffer?

mfg Alexeiy

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3 AP questions to CAG and EQ docks

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Oct 18, 15:49

In my opinion, Equipment Docks make pretty awful trading hubs on their own as they will only hold a few of certain types of ware internally. You would probably need to permanently dock a couple of large capacity TLs there to use for storage and set up transfers to and from those.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Re: X3 AP questions to CAG and EQ docks

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 25. Oct 18, 17:42

Alexeiy wrote:
Thu, 25. Oct 18, 13:46
Can I use CAGs in general to buy or sell the listed wares of the EQ?

If yes, can I set up a buy at minimun and sell at average price command with one boron EQ dock, or will I need 2 for that, one for buying and one for selling?
1. Yes, a CAG can both buy and sell. You can also limit a CAG to buy only or sell only.

2. Each ware has exactly one price. Therefore, you cannot* ensure thick profit with one Dock (although some profit is quite likely).

* High Tech is an exception. There is only one place to sell to, the NPC Docks, with only one price point. There your Docks price is for the buyer and the difference is clear.

Dock stock capacities are very limited. Consider to incorporate the PHQ, the Xenon Hub and the CHQ. They all can store more than reqular Docks (but cannot host as many freighters as the Boron).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”