x3 reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Keith2018
x4

x3 reunion

Post by Keith2018 » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 03:16

So I decided to install reunion on my windows 10 pc to duplicate something I had boasted on steam. I cant remember how but I remember setting up and old vga monitor for my sector map. I remember having a bit of trouble but I got it to work. I played that way for months and have those nostalgic memories of staring at that small monitor while my traders were doing their thing. Anyway, after installing reunion, I double clicked the .exe. I was prompted to restart pc. Doing so resulted in Windows no longer able to boot up. Solution? Restore point! Unable to restore, not enough space on drive. Crap. So I had to screw around with ms dos(very rusty) to make room. Uninstalled a few steam games. So back to system restore! No restore point available! What? So now im forced to reset windows. Kept personal files but everything else? Gone :(. Im assuming when I installed reunion that their was a runtime file that messed everything up. After putting in disc one I was prompted to install some old runtime something or other. Of course I said yes which was immediately replied with a warning from windows saying cannot install runtime something something due to security issues. Must have installed anyway. Oh well. What a waste of a day. Moral of this story? Don't install X3 Reunion. Cheers

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: x3 reunion

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 11:28

if you install it from a disc, then its most likely an old version. This contains copy protection that will not be comparable with window 10, and its install when you first launch the game.

If you patch up the game first, then run it, it should work fine, as the patch will remove the old copy protection

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: x3 reunion

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 11:40

Yes, we also have a Sticky thread and a FAQ to assist you with this.

The real moral of the story is 'Please DO install X3: Reunion but following the available advice'.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”