Screenshot of the Day

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spacecoyote99
x4

Re: Screenshot of the Day

Post by spacecoyote99 » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 20:43

atavistuk wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:42
Is that the Player HQ Station in the background?
Not the PHQ I think, it doesn't have this "ring of scales" structure. Also the background doesn't match (see: https://youtu.be/N6s9sXjqCME?t=353) although possibly the PHQ doesn't always spawn in the same place?

Hard to say what is is though.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 20:55

It was mentioned in one of the livestreams that one the missions is to find a suitable spot for the PHQ, kind of implies there are multiple ones? I would strongly expect to have a choice either way, especially when we can choose between different starts.
And what you linked in the video is what Kind of Looks the thing in the background.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 20:57

Tamina wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 20:55
It was mentioned in one of the livestreams that one the missions is to find a suitable spot...
As far as X goes, "find" after X2 usually means "follow guidance to that one spot". Here's hoping they'd actually tone down the spoon-feeding.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 21:53

@radcapricorn : Is it?! I set up my PHQ where I wanted to in X3... Why shouldn't I do the same in this one… I don"t follow you
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 21:59

Miniding wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 21:53
@radcapricorn : Is it?! I set up my PHQ where I wanted to in X3... Why shouldn't I do the same in this one… I don"t follow you
I'm talking about how "find" missions worked in TC through XR, not whether or not you're free to place your PHQ.

BlackDog
x4

Post by BlackDog » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 22:02

Somthing tells me it will be your choice where the HQ goes, they have spent alot of time on the new station construction systems and have said nothing really limits where you can build one, so it would be really odd for the PHQ to be "Choose from point A,B,C or D"

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 22:07

radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 21:59
Miniding wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 21:53
I'm talking about how "find" missions worked in TC through XR, not whether or not you're free to place your PHQ.
I understand now :lol:
Miniding

barszcz
x4

Post by barszcz » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 22:14

BlackDog wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 22:02
Somthing tells me it will be your choice where the HQ goes, they have spent alot of time on the new station construction systems and have said nothing really limits where you can build one, so it would be really odd for the PHQ to be "Choose from point A,B,C or D"
Actually, in the first X4 presentation we saw mission guidance saying "Find a suitable wreck or abandoned station for your home". If it didn't change since then, that would mean that we are able to choose our PHQ location, but from stationary, maybe randomly generated at the start, preset spots.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

BlackDog
x4

Post by BlackDog » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 00:33

hmmmmmmmmm, well if that is the case, those spots better be good, because I feel like what with the new station stuff I'm going to turn it into a dread fortress of factorys, corporate security patrols and perfectly law abideing..."Privateers" to send at my enemies.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 00:57

Yeah, having a choice is just what makes an X game and if it is really just one spot in the beginning and this turns out to be problematic I am sure some modders are going to easily surpass this Limitation. Followed by Egosoft adding more options :P They always listened with XR. I am not worried at all.

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 13:36

https://www.egosoft.com/games/x4/screen ... en_040.png

and

https://www.egosoft.com/games/x4/screen ... en_056.png

Definitely look like variants of the same ship to me, with the shots taken from different sides (front / back)

The first one looks like perhaps a fighter variant with, presumably, mining lasers equipped, and the second one looks like a trader variant with an extended cargo bay out the back and slightly different styling. But the core design of the triangular part of the ship is too similar to be unrelated.

I like the design of the ship too, it looks really sweet :)
Admiral of the Fleet.

Rekalty
x4

Post by Rekalty » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:04

This is fine.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:09

Lol, give them a minute to post :D Fine, let me give you a caption with that
"Let's bring some color in our gray everyday lifes"

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:14

Amazing painting even if green is not my favorite but looks like we could do some excentricities like this and THAT SOUNDS REALLY COOL!!!
Miniding

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:20

God, this ship with this painting remind me the Xperimental Shuttle. :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:23

@Miniding
My thought exactly! Not my style either but the possibility is what makes this screenshot amazing.
But will it pink? ô.o That's the hardcore screenshot I am still waiting for, a salmon colored ship, maybe with a hello kitty logo. No matter how powerful your paint mod system is, if I can't obliterate a system with a pink fleet of death there is no use. :P

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:27

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:23
@Miniding
My thought exactly! Not my style either but the possibility is what makes this screenshot amazing.
But will it pink? ô.o That's the hardcore screenshot I am still waiting for, a salmon colored ship, maybe with a hello kitty logo. No matter how powerful your paint mod system is, if I can't obliterate a system with a pink fleet of death there is no use. :P
HAHAHA!!! That's what I thought too !!! :twisted: :twisted:
Miniding

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:30

Paint job actually looks really good. I hope we find out more on whether you unlock/acquire them or have free choice.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:31

Im going on a big stretch, anyone saw the ship code? X UI 501 as in 5.01?

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:33

jocan2003 wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:31
Im going on a big stretch, anyone saw the ship code? X UI 501 as in 5.01?
I'm pretty sure they only used that as an easter egg once, for the release date announcement. And that was a differently structured license number.

Return to “X4: Foundations”