[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jocan2003
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by jocan2003 » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 20:25

War came to a stand still with Heretic vanguard as i starved their production and picked their capship one by one, then i syarted capping their station, they had enough money to rebuild a few of them. i then sent a peace proposal wich they gladly accepted since i bled them (i think?). Now im peacefull and hey have only 2 sector in a far corner while i grabbed everything else. Now PMC seem to camp my tradeship, they are the next in line and im about to build a couple xenon factory that produce ship part from ore and gas, im gonna be rich soon as most if not all shipyard are dry of them and ships come trickling out slowly.

PMC im about to come for you crazy xenon lovers. ( iknow they arent but they want to play with xenon tech and im againat that.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 23:06

Awesome! Thanks it sounds like the economy part is in. I do suggest someone creating a page explaining if these features are in or out I really had assumed wallets, buying / building a more true economy had not even existed tbh.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 03:38

Would you guys suggest installing these?
- LostSectors [1.30] :: viewtopic.php?t=392085
- Herschels Gift [1.10] :: viewtopic.php?t=395381
|__ Vacana Ltd. Ships [1.1] :: viewtopic.php?t=399151
|__ Paladin Destroyer [1.01] :: viewtopic.php?t=399009
- Extinguished Hope [1.01] :: viewtopic.php?t=398765
- Prosper Devries [2.10] :: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =795568195
They all translated in English? It was confusing as their all German Links but one. Looks like a lot of fun though I love some advice on if their worth it and if they would make it harder or not I don't want to be smashed too fast :)

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 03:54

Here has some of them

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... w+Frontier

Also, another question. I never bought HOL and realized that I can't build warehouses, and reading the game mechanics I need it for a business center as well (Which sounds extremely useful). If I install HOL, will the new sectors get their ships spawned in, or should I start a new game with it, and cheat myself back in credit value of my stuff?

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 04:02

conquestor wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 03:54
Here has some of them

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... w+Frontier

Also, another question. I never bought HOL and realized that I can't build warehouses, and reading the game mechanics I need it for a business center as well (Which sounds extremely useful). If I install HOL, will the new sectors get their ships spawned in, or should I start a new game with it, and cheat myself back in credit value of my stuff?
A suggestion not sure if it will work. But if you do buy it before an answer. Check to see if the Log shows any new factions added to HOL to it. If it does not show up I would say you for sure would need to start over. It seems on new game creation etc the script runs to populate them. Not sure if it will run on expansion additions.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 14:28

Kane Hart wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 03:38
Would you guys suggest installing these?
- LostSectors [1.30] :: viewtopic.php?t=392085
- Herschels Gift [1.10] :: viewtopic.php?t=395381
|__ Vacana Ltd. Ships [1.1] :: viewtopic.php?t=399151
|__ Paladin Destroyer [1.01] :: viewtopic.php?t=399009
- Extinguished Hope [1.01] :: viewtopic.php?t=398765
- Prosper Devries [2.10] :: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =795568195
They all translated in English? It was confusing as their all German Links but one. Looks like a lot of fun though I love some advice on if their worth it and if they would make it harder or not I don't want to be smashed too fast :)
Kane,

First, use Google Translate, you'll get the idea pretty quickly.

I'm very familiar with Rebirth, but just started The New Frontier. I decided to go all the way and added those mods also. I've found the new sectors interesting, as I'm very familiar with the normal X-verse. There are some kick-a ships in there. Go ahead and get them, but be careful which assassinate missions you take, as it will be easy to overwhelm yourself going against some of these new enemy ships. However, if you get one of those salvage ships, you can convert some of their wrecks into usable ships.

Regards,
Thufar

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 16:54

Thanks. I did add them and try it but sadly the FPS just tanks the more sectors / zones are added. It's really bad with just vanilla + NF sadly. It must tank my FPS about double just in Free Mode AFK looking at the planet without any ships/stations in view.

Seems like the script is very heavy on the CPU. It worries me what would happen say 10 hours or worse yet 100 hours into the game if it be unplayable.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re:

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 16:58

Trup2 wrote:
Mon, 27. Aug 18, 14:46
Freeze in game start with Plot

Found problem, it was in config on max vision distance.

Somehow the plot start are much more CPU heavy, so game was freezing
Where did you find this max vision distance and how can I adjust for it?

I find my game lags like crazy oddly enough not sure if it's the script just doing it's thing or if I'm loading more then I should.

Thanks.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 17:58

So I did some boring Testing for CPU/GPU Usage and wanted to share it. I found I was getting a lot of FPS loss just standing near the Spawn of the Free Play about 20-30% less FPS so I thought I would test this further away from the station.

Current Steps:
- Free Play
- Easy
- Mod that extends boost duration nothing else tested with and without it of course at first as well.
- No extra Mods besides what is stated during each test
- I boost for about 2-3 Minutes towards the planet in fact really close to the planet where it's fully my only view in Free Play then afk for a few minutes looking at the planet and let things settle down.

Without the Game Running 2% Avg CPU Usage and 1% GPU

Results 1:
DLC's: ALL
LostSectors, Herschels Gift, Vacana Ltd. Ships, Paladin Destroyer, Extinguished Hope, Prosper Devries
In Game Usage: FPS: 125, CPU: 55%, GPU: 65%
Out of Game Usage: CPU: 17%, GPU: 7%
After tabbing back to the game the FPS was Sadly about 105 after a while.

Results 2:
In Game Usage: FPS: 170, CPU: 55%, GPU: 75%
Out of Game Usage: CPU: 15%, GPU: 7%

Results 3:
In Game Usage: FPS: 250, CPU: 55%, GPU: 100%

Results 4:
I removed NF 100% out of the Pack.
In Game Usage: FPS: 250, CPU: 47%, GPU: 100%
Out of Game Usage: CPU: 13%, GPU: 7%

Results 5:
In Game Usage: FPS: 250, CPU: 55%, GPU: 100%
Out of Game Usage: CPU: 14%, GPU: 7%

Results 6:
LostSectors, Herschels Gift, Vacana Ltd. Ships, Paladin Destroyer, Extinguished Hope, Prosper Devries
In Game Usage: FPS: 180, CPU: 60%, GPU: 80%

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 00:05

is that no captain/ship stuck/shipyard not producing fixed ? or should i dont bother about this ?

i didnt play cos i thought in time factions gonna die without ships ( they build em in shipyards only now , right ? ) and in my save they stuck as they were before update or do i need start new game ?

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 01:20

There is an option to turn off ware consumption on shipyard so faction can build them with cash only, helps with that ware problem, also allows for the trading player to just crank up produxtion on those ship parts.

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 01:46

thats not it , shipyards are full just ships stuck in it cos no captain

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 13:30

i havent had that bug for a very long time

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 15:36

Is anyone running YAT with this mod with success?

Regads,
Thufar

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 15:48

I am and it seem to work okay

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 16:48

1 thing's kind of strange. If I use an Albion CV to hire a fast contractor, once they finish/sell it to me, if I attach my CV to the station, they automatically try and rebuild the first level of a random section. For example, a contractor completely built an Argnu paradise (All extensions), and my CV's trying to build argnu paradise 1, when 2 and up are finished as well. I was able to repeat it on an energy array, and my CV is trying to build defense 1 despite defense 2 being completed.

I'm a few versions out of date, is this the bug fixed on Sep 18, 2018?

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 17:26

Yeah same here ataching meant having a random part resetting to 0.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 00:11

Is the wallet / empire info stored live or do you run a script once and a while to grab the data? I know it only shows in the log once and a while. Just wondering what the chances would be for a special menu to see live or near live stats? Would be quite cool I think. It's a RPG after all I think it be fun to see it on it's own screen if possible :)

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 05:04

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere before, or if I'm just missing something. But I tried out that Xenon start, but the stations are populated with NPCs I can't trade with. The only ones I can trade with are the ship sellers.

Is this something that gets sorted out over time? Or am I just missing something entirely?

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 02:22

Is there any readme of what mod actually includes as of now ?

For example in initial post or github there is no any mention about new ships like Terranis mk2 or other ships.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”