[X3AP] Shady Business & Yaki Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

[X3AP] Shady Business & Yaki Rep

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 22:28

Hi everyone.

I started my last remaining plot - Shady Business - and got to the 'Choosing Sides' part of it. Out of ignorance, I decided in favour of the Split thinking that was the only way to get my tentacles on the Aciconyx - only to realise later that I'd have gotten it ayway, and that choosing the Yaki would have enabled me to buy my own IBL and PSG forges....

Anyway, what's done is done and the next step was to go look for scientists to assist the 'pretty Split' in her research. Upon reaching The Vault and offering money to the Teladi scientist, our conversation was basically cut off by the arrival of a hostile Yaki fleet. Something like 3 M7's and 1 M1. I duly took care of them, but before I had time to think about anything else, my ore/energy/space fuel complex in Weaver's Tempest got attacked. At first I thought it was another plot twist, but then I realised my reputation must have already dropped so much that it was the local Yaki turning against me. I fought them off only to see the IBL forges and Shipyard turn hostile as well.

This is all very inconvenient. Gaining the Yaki rep in the first place wasn't easy, as they have only few stations to obtain missions from. Besides, having read some more about the plot, I understand that I'm about to be regularly attacked by the Yaki for the next 6-12h (still not sure whether the first attack in the Vault counted as one of those, or was some other plot device...). If that's so, I'll be kissing all of my rep with them goodbye forever, which in addition to missing out on the ability to purchase my own IBL / PSG forges in the future, will prevent me from continuing to buy the weapons directly from their established factories. And to buy ships from their shipyard. Not to mention the unforeseen exposure of my small complex in Weaver's Tempest which has no purpose anymore if it doesn't support the local IBL production...

Question : is this an accurate view of the situation, and is there a way to salvage anything from this mess?

Also : had I chosen the Yaki, would Jonferco or Strong Arms come after me the same way, and every battle decrease my rep with the corresponding race? (that's not mentioned anywhere, but I find this to really be a bummer... like maintaining Terran rep after stealing their Valhallas and TL's wasn't tedious enough!)
:boron: Blub?

jlehtone
x4

Re: [X3AP] Shady Business & Yaki Rep

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 23:43

A while ago viewtopic.php?f=2&t=393245 I was in partially similar situation. I had sided with the Split. There had been some hostilities, but I had only PHQ and Xenon Hub back then to defend, and the attackers were not that strong. We are friendly again.

Pirates have IBL and PBG Forges in Loomanck and in the East (Maelstorm, etc). At least in my game.

It is actually surprisingly low number of (minor) kills that can get you from even the very bottom reputation back to positive, if there are enemies to kill. With Yaki the generation of "trespassers" is not so easy due to geography, although they are not short on foes.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 00:01

...plus there's always a chance to get a Yaki ship in a non-Yaki sector offering a convoy assassination, I've even seen red Yaki ships with that mission. Obviously, that goes with some reputation hit of whatever faction the convoy belongs to.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 00:40

Depending who you partner with gives you an option to skip one of the recruitment missions and removes one of the wares required for one of the subsequent delivery missions. If you side with yaki you could have called off the attack on the teladi station. It does not count towards the corporate reprisal attacks. The size of the attack fleet is based on the Fight Rank of the player.

Your best option to regain yaki rep is to use the HUB to send xenon patrols through Senators Badlands.

The corporate reprisal fleets are a separate enemy race so do not affect your reputation with the race they are meant to represent. Those attacks start after you hand in the Heavy Dragon.

Although rare you can still obtain IBL and PBG forges by capping TL going to replace destroyed ones.

Also consider reading this guide: https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... iness+Plot

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 10:17

Awesome, thanks guys.

@DrSuperEvil - I'm not surprised you know that much about this topic, having found several of your older posts on the same across the internet :)

So just to recap... If I go fix my Yaki rep now (right after the attack in The Vault), I won't incur further rep loss from the next plot-related Yaki attacks? So I only have to worry about rep loss this one time? Correct?

Overall I'm not that concerned about getting more IBL's or PSG's as I already accumulated hundreds of both which I'll probably never use, but I don't like my production to be disrupted in general, and even less so on account of some petty, suicidal Yaki chavs.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 10:45

Le Boron Chétif wrote:
Wed, 10. Oct 18, 10:17
Awesome, thanks guys.

@DrSuperEvil - I'm not surprised you know that much about this topic, having found several of your older posts on the same across the internet :)

So just to recap... If I go fix my Yaki rep now (right after the attack in The Vault), I won't incur further rep loss from the next plot-related Yaki attacks? So I only have to worry about rep loss this one time? Correct?

Overall I'm not that concerned about getting more IBL's or PSG's as I already accumulated hundreds of both which I'll probably never use, but I don't like my production to be disrupted in general, and even less so on account of some petty, suicidal Yaki chavs.
Hi,

your troubles would be much less, if you can go back to before that battle. Wouldn't the Teladi send some ships against those Yaki fleet, so you can just wait your time?

But yes. The later attack fleets all are made from ships having a space as the first letter of their name, and thus don't belong to any faction.

cu
Rainer

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 11:17

This is a very good point Rainer, thanks for that! I'm just going to wait for the Teladi Rapid Response force to deal with the Yaki. And I'll scan the RR ships in case one of them happens to be carrying a jump beacon - two birds with one stone, hee hee hee... :twisted:

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 11:32

you can:
Rent a paranid TL and order it to enter Yaki space where you kill it.
Make Xenon move though the Yaki space via hub.
Kill the mission enemies by the good old missile trick without reploss or leave them to the guards.
Manage to get a normal pirate station in yaki space and do missions offered there. (yaki offer yaki missions at pirate station in their space even if your rep is to low for yaki missions)

btw. you should have allied with beryl in the first decision, all other rewards can be brought (for much money).
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 11:55

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Wed, 10. Oct 18, 11:32
btw. you should have allied with beryl in the first decision, all other rewards can be brought (for much money).

Yeah I know, I was lamenting about that in my first post. I'm too far down the plot and already lost all the recent enough saves though, so won't consider that. But it's fine as none of the rewards are critical anyway (I'll continue to have the Yaki and Pirates farm IBL and PSG for me, and I think I can live without the Advanced Chokaro...). Thanks for the TL tip though, hadn't seen that one before.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 16:50

At the end of shady business you need to protect the Ozias from a Yaki attack. So I recommend you max your rep with them before that.

You get another chance to get an Adv. Chokaro by handing over the xenon data to the yaki when asked.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”