Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dizzy
x4

Re:

Post by dizzy » Fri, 28. Sep 18, 19:50

LameFox wrote:
Tue, 25. Sep 18, 11:31
If it was something like what XRM has then probably, but I don't think the task forces that LU is using when empires fight each other need their races to be globally hostile to each other.
Fair enough. Another potential issue creating more conflict in the LU universe is as your loot drop rate increases the universe will be full of debris that you can collect and sell making the game more unbalanced.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

LameFox
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by LameFox » Fri, 28. Sep 18, 22:38

The FLC rate? That's only for what my property kills though isn't it? I've been using Joubarbe's satellite mod this time around and it looks so far like the lasertowers I set up for reputation gain are creating more loot than everything else together... although phanon traders have a tendency to self-farm on them so it's also partly that.
***modified***

enfo13
x3tc

Post by enfo13 » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 00:23

Absolutely loving the MOD so far.

Does anyone know if there is an easier way to claim and repair ships other than jumping out into the space suit and repairing? I know there is a TUG software for TLs, but I'm not at the point yet. A lot of the get-rich-quick schemes now seems to revolve around claiming abandoned ships, and I'm wondering if there is a quick way to do it.

I remember there was some system override software, but I cannot find it in any of the places where I thought it would be, such as pirate bases or Duke's haven.

edit: Also, is the Hub plotline still available in a modded Litcube game? The ability to rewire the universe with the Hub sector was one of the most unique rewards I've seen in any video game.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 06:30

There's a remote software available at terracorp iirc, but it's pretty expensive. I like to just have a transporter device on the ship to get back in and use strafing to speed up the spacesuit on the way out.
***modified***

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Sun, 30. Sep 18, 04:14

It's the remote command software if I remember correctly (check the saturn research station, that place is full of high tech goods) which gives ~4Km range to claim a ship (a bit more depending of the size of both ships).

I don't think the TUG command which is available to any kind of carrier including TMs (all the commands added in LU should have an entry in the encyclopedia with a brief description and their exact requirements) was designed for early (or not so early) game profit but instead is best used in conjunction with the PHQ: it requires the carrier to have a homebase and the claimed ships will then be sent there (and optionnaly stripped of everything in their carbo gay). It's make collecting a bunch of derelicts for component after a big battle easier but isn't of much help if you're simply trying to maximize your income.

If you're bored with the manual repairing you could use Marine Repairs and Training. Simply edit the xml file to remove the credit cost, claim a ship, have it dock on your carrier filled with marines: it should be repaired in no time.

And no, sadly no plot are available in LU. X-Missions Reloaded adds some minor plots (altough not the hub sadly). Last I used it it messed with the import/export feature but as far as I know no one else encoutered the issue. It may be worth a try if you're really desesperate some plots.

enfo13
x3tc

Post by enfo13 » Sun, 30. Sep 18, 07:11

Huillam wrote:
Sun, 30. Sep 18, 04:14
It's the remote command software if I remember correctly (check the saturn research station, that place is full of high tech goods) which gives ~4Km range to claim a ship (a bit more depending of the size of both ships).

I don't think the TUG command which is available to any kind of carrier including TMs (all the commands added in LU should have an entry in the encyclopedia with a brief description and their exact requirements) was designed for early (or not so early) game profit but instead is best used in conjunction with the PHQ: it requires the carrier to have a homebase and the claimed ships will then be sent there (and optionnaly stripped of everything in their carbo gay). It's make collecting a bunch of derelicts for component after a big battle easier but isn't of much help if you're simply trying to maximize your income.

If you're bored with the manual repairing you could use Marine Repairs and Training. Simply edit the xml file to remove the credit cost, claim a ship, have it dock on your carrier filled with marines: it should be repaired in no time.

And no, sadly no plot are available in LU. X-Missions Reloaded adds some minor plots (altough not the hub sadly). Last I used it it messed with the import/export feature but as far as I know no one else encoutered the issue. It may be worth a try if you're really desesperate some plots.
Yeah I found the software but 29 million is a bit much for me at this point. Good to know it's there though.

I mainly just want the Hub Station and Sector and the ability to cause mayhem or reconnect distant parts of the universe. I was hoping there was an option where you could simply purchase it without doing the long questline (I noticed you can simply buy the Player HQ as a station in LU).

The Saturn Complex Hubs are amazing though. I just built a complex in Senator's Badlands in 10 minutes... something that took me 4 hours before in vanilla X3Ap from dragging asteroids around with tractor beam and connecting them with complex construction kits, and loads and loads of TL trips. This quality of life outweighs the Hub.

Thanks again for the help.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 20:36

LameFox wrote:
Fri, 28. Sep 18, 22:38
The FLC rate? That's only for what my property kills though isn't it? I've been using Joubarbe's satellite mod this time around and it looks so far like the lasertowers I set up for reputation gain are creating more loot than everything else together... although phanon traders have a tendency to self-farm on them so it's also partly that.
AFAIK no, FLC applies to any ship destroying any other ship. I could be wrong but I specifically remember endgame the universe starting getting lots of loot on the pirate border sectors without any of my ships being involved in any of the fighting.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 21:59

enfo13 wrote:
Sat, 29. Sep 18, 00:23
Absolutely loving the MOD so far.

Does anyone know if there is an easier way to claim and repair ships other than jumping out into the space suit and repairing? I know there is a TUG software for TLs, but I'm not at the point yet. A lot of the get-rich-quick schemes now seems to revolve around claiming abandoned ships, and I'm wondering if there is a quick way to do it.

I remember there was some system override software, but I cannot find it in any of the places where I thought it would be, such as pirate bases or Duke's haven.

edit: Also, is the Hub plotline still available in a modded Litcube game? The ability to rewire the universe with the Hub sector was one of the most unique rewards I've seen in any video game.
The tug software runs on TM's providing they have a base.

A quick and dirty fix is to use a marine repair mod and slap 8 or more of them in the TM. When you jump out of your TM and claim a ship it will auto teleport to the TM and the marines will commence repairs.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 3. Oct 18, 16:53

FLC is player property only.

Fiatil
x3

Post by Fiatil » Wed, 3. Oct 18, 19:56

Hey all! I just started the mod and am excited to get rolling with it.

However, I went with a trader start and I wanted to ask -- does this mod remove freight missions? I haven't seen a single mission that's asking me to buy freight and drop it off like in non-modded X3 while rolling around in my advanced Caiman. I see tons of combat missions, "buy my ship" missions, and station building missions, but no proper trade missions like I'm used to. I've probably jumped to 50-60 different systems and haven't seen a a single one.

Am I just getting really unlucky, or have these been removed in the mod?

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 21:25

Hello
I'm back to play this mod after few months and i use my old game save and backuped game folder. But i can't find options like ship compedium or template manager. I don't see it in player menu. I add screenshots of my game:
Spoiler
Show
I search it in wrong menu or i have something broken?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 21:52

Wrong menu. You want Player console, see the Interface hotkeys, at the very bottom.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 21:58

Aaah I knew that I was doing something wrong. Thx alot :)

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 04:06

Any rockets are good as SCH product for sell?

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Mon, 8. Oct 18, 15:38

Anyone help? I want to sell missiles which will be produced in my SCH, but I do not know which is profitable to produce for sale.

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Mon, 8. Oct 18, 18:04

Szynszyl wrote:
Mon, 8. Oct 18, 15:38
Anyone help? I want to sell missiles which will be produced in my SCH, but I do not know which is profitable to produce for sale.
man u have to be more patient!

anyways here u go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 00:33

Also, pay attention to the Market Capacities screen (or whatever it's called), the universe can buy goods from you up to a certain amount and it will slowly consume them but if you double down on just producing one type of product you will soon find yourself with no place to sell them to. The magic word is "diversify".
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 00:42

Freenan wrote:
Mon, 8. Oct 18, 18:04
Szynszyl wrote:
Mon, 8. Oct 18, 15:38
man u have to be more patient!

anyways here u go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Sorry, my bad. Thx this doc will be very helpfull.

I have next question. What is the best stationary defense? I know that the best ships are, but I want to play. So laser towers or OWP?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 01:29

OK, let me stop you right there. There are no "best ships" in LU and if you found some that beats all then you found a balancing bug and those aren't many in LU, I think. Each ship in LU provides a compromise of price, shielding, cargo capacity, weapon stores, weapon recharge rate, weapon slot distribution, etc etc etc. Deciding what ships to use in LU is a personal decision where you take into considaration your personal requirements: am I constrained to certain races, do I want a carrier, a destroyer, both? Do I want a missle boat? A boarding ship?

As for your other question, to my knowledge (but it seems I'm often wrong lately) there are no stationary defenses that you can purchase and deploy in LU other than Lasertowers. Specifically you cannot purchase and deploy orbital weapon platforms. For lasertowers you could use the Ring of Fire command to deploy them in circle formation around an object (usually around a gate).
[ external image ]

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 19:55

memeics wrote:
Wed, 10. Oct 18, 01:29
Specifically you cannot purchase and deploy orbital weapon platforms.
and that REALLY sucks for me :thumb_down: :thumb_down: :thumb_down:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”