[X3TC] Question about the Yaki and Hired TLs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

atavistuk
x4

[X3TC] Question about the Yaki and Hired TLs

Post by atavistuk » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 14:17

So, I'm friends with the Yaki, but don't have the cash for my own TL...

I can dock in Weavers Tempest (And have a CLS Pilot supplying them with energy cells right now), and I'm thinking of dropping a few stations down there to look after those Incendiary Bomb Launcher Factories. So the question is obvious...

If I hire a TL from say, Argon, to drop a wheat farm or ore mine somewhere in Yaki territory, will they attack it because it's Argon, or will they leave it alone because I hired it?

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [X3TC] Question about the Yaki and Hired TLs

Post by DrSuperEvil » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 14:45

They will attack it because it is hostile to them.

If you have any enemy major races you can always board a civilian TL of theirs.

Split have the cheapest TL.

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 14:57

Ah I thought they might. Oh well. I guess I have to bite the bullet and save up for one of my own. I probably should have long ago. I spent enough on building a station complex already to maybe a Argon Mammoth already!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 16:37

You don't need to spend the huge sums for an Argon Mammoth when you can get a Split TL for less than half the price. OK, it's got a much smaller cargo bay, but unless you're really heavily into complex building that's not a big problem.

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 17:23

I'm not building Complexes at all. Hate them more than anything short of Boarding!

I might get a Ryu... but for the most part for RP reasons, I'm sticking to Argon ships and stations as much as I can. (Anonymous Argon Start)

But station wise. My main goal in this run is to build a distributed 75 Chip Plant self contained "complex" spread across the whole map, with no more than two stations in any Sector, linked together with Commodity Logistics Freighters.

So far so good. I have a closed loop ending in 1 Chip Plant at the moment spread around Argon Prime with enough capacity for 4 more Chip Plants. (Saving up to buy them now.)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 18:16

The Ryu's actually quite a nice TL. Though honestly nothing stops you from 'acquiring' a TL that you haven't paid for. :wink: If you're RPing, the Paranid have a nice TL that you can then turn around and sell to get a Mammoth.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 00:14

I ended up getting the Mammoth. I'd saved up the cash fast enough to buy the Ryu, but by this point now, credits are flowing into my account fast enough i thought... Another 10 million won't take long...

And it didn't!

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 00:15

That Hub Plot though. (Yes that's the entire reason for this run. To get the achievement.)

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 02:35

CLS comes in handy for that. Just let it run over night whilst your CLS pilot delivers the whatever it is you need at that stage.

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 12:22

That is more or less what I'm going for. Just building a million stations for said CLS fleet to buy from.

There aren't nearly enough Chip Plants in the Universe to feed the Hub in any sort of reasonable time.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 12:54

Barren shores down south of the map, is absolutely chock full of silicon asteroids. It's a great place to setup a microchip complex.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 18:45

Yeah all 32 of them and even still you are looking at a 200 hour completion time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”