Battle for the gate ( Storyline )

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JoeJinis
x4

Battle for the gate ( Storyline )

Post by JoeJinis » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 02:19

Hello there,

I am trying to do this mission in the campaign.
I tried and tried again and again, twenty times maybe....
I don't understand what I am supposed to do....

If I try to cripple the Taranis I am destoyed in no time, two shoted by side lasers or one of the ten thousand turrets/plasma canon everywhere else, plus the 500 drones and 10 fighters Oo I equipped the sidewinder engines to be more difficult to hit but the Skunk is still a slow turtle and ennemies are all sniper veterans ~~

If I try to hide myself amongst the three Arawn crusers they get destroyed easily by the big battle station.

I even tried bringing my own Taranis, it gets destroyed in less than a minute O_O
I am not really upgraded, Dashed shields MK3 that's all, MK1 weapons and lot of not-doing-any-damage missiles. But in the game we are in a desert system so nothing really shiny is supposed to be equipped....

Any advice ?
Thank you =)

PS: I found two vidz on youtube but ennemies are bugged and don't even move in these videos ~~

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 05:50

Hi,

Keep your distance. Let the bigships do the work for you. Only attack small enemies or none at all.

Save often.

cu
Rainer

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 09:59

The mission has a scripted outcome. Your primary objective should be simple survival, though do what you can to help out. As I recall, last time I did it I hid inside one of the Arawns, firing Novadrones out the hole in the front to help cripple enemy capital ships (high priority targets: engines, drone launchers & plasma jet turrets). As for Skunk config, my preferred setup is Supercharged Behemoth - i.e. maximum capacity shields & fast engines to outrun enemy ships when the shields need to recharge.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 11:28

GCU Grey Area wrote:The mission has a scripted outcome. ...
Hi,

In fact I remember that once I was busy doing something else, and when I finally showed up for the battle, everything was already over.

cu
Rainer

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 11:41

That's what I read but as I said if I try to stay away, they destroy the 3 Arawn pretty fast then I am alone and they all shoot on me :(

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 12:14

Ok I reloaded a savegame before the battle, and went back to start it.
The PMC Taranis was this time in front of the station and not 10 kms behind, so there was a real battle, the next step is triggered after the Taranis is destroyed.

What wasn't possible before was piece of cake this time....

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 15:03

A good way to take down the taranis' engines is novadrones.
Get to about 15 km behind the ship, and fire away. Get a dozen of them, as hitting mobile targets in the right spot may be tricky at first.

But in normal circumstances, it should behave as you just described: break away from the station and get mauled by the arawns.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”