Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun, 14. Oct 07, 17:47
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 04:05

BugMeister wrote:so, as it appears I am no longer welcome here
I shall take my leave

goodbye..
Not at all. And please don't go.
Gavrushka wrote:The problem with 'freedom of speech' is it makes wackos think they have something of value to say.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*
Rapier's search

User avatar
Observe
Posts: 2815
Joined: Fri, 30. Dec 05, 18:47
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 04:07

BugMeister wrote:so, as it appears I am no longer welcome here
I shall take my leave goodbye..
Don't leave on my account BugMeister. I love your point of view. I only encourage you to expound your own thinking; as much as the links to others that you favor. I find no objection to your presence here. Quite the contrary. Please forgive me if I have offended or hurt in any way.
Last edited by Observe on Sat, 15. Sep 18, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hank001
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed, 22. Feb 06, 00:50
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 04:12

@ BugMeister
Mind if I join you?
When Breitbart starts being considered journalism it's time to opt out.
Next they'll comparing their tinfoil hats... :roll:
Oh well...was fun whoile it lasted, but I suppose we should have just admitted Puntin won the US election in November 2016 and moved on. Though I imagine things like truth have became either relivant or irrelivant and Trump has became more well liked because with all the checks on the markets removed it's all about the economy... Until the bottom drops out and then? Too late to matter. Of course it might just be that the US has devolved into such a slime ridden hell hole that Trump might just be your average Joe. Or the Earth fell through some kind of rift into the nth dimension where Alternate Facts are truth, where wrong is right and where the US President creates reality on twitter. So hey Argon. The Khaak won.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

User avatar
Masterbagger
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue, 14. Oct 14, 00:49
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 05:42

BugMeister wrote:so, as it appears I am no longer welcome here
I shall take my leave

goodbye..
Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!
Who made that man a gunner?

RegisterMe
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun, 14. Oct 07, 17:47
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 05:49

Masterbagger wrote:Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!
Perhaps I am missing as new found USA facility for irony... well I hope so.
Gavrushka wrote:The problem with 'freedom of speech' is it makes wackos think they have something of value to say.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*
Rapier's search

User avatar
fiksal
Posts: 3507
Joined: Tue, 2. May 06, 17:05
x3

Post by fiksal » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 06:37

BugMeister wrote:so, as it appears I am no longer welcome here
I shall take my leave

goodbye..
stick around, bugs

RegisterMe
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun, 14. Oct 07, 17:47
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 07:19

Gavrushka wrote:The problem with 'freedom of speech' is it makes wackos think they have something of value to say.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*
Rapier's search

RegisterMe
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun, 14. Oct 07, 17:47
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 08:30

My big brother

This is the America the rest of the world believes in.
Gavrushka wrote:The problem with 'freedom of speech' is it makes wackos think they have something of value to say.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*
Rapier's search

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 2462
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 19:07

BugMeister wrote:read it here - I haven't time to write it all out..
http://www.nationalmemo.com/stolen-memo ... peachment/
TLDR: Democrat says Kavenaugh had to have known about some Democratic talking-point notes that were stolen from her office by someone else while Kavenaugh was serving in the Bush White House. Claims that his denials are "implausible" and that is enough to impeach him because he has denied knowing anything about these stolen documents.

"Implausible."

That's a pretty big stretch of the word to force it to serve as grounds to reject/impeach him as a judge.

User avatar
Observe
Posts: 2815
Joined: Fri, 30. Dec 05, 18:47
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 19:31

I wonder what we'd be left with, if we could filter out the hyperbole from all sides. Silence?

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 2462
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 19:39

Observe wrote:I wonder what we'd be left with, if we could filter out the hyperbole from all sides. Silence?
Golly! I don't know... They'd.. Well, maybe they would have to say something of "substance?" Not sure, since that word isn't normally associated with politicians.

""Substance," do you speak it?"

"Wwwhat?"

"SAY "WHAT" AGAIN! SAY "WHAT" AGAIN! I DARE YA. I DOUBLE-DARE YA @$%@-@$%$! SAY "WHAT" ONE MORE @@%$$%@$% TIME!"

Mightysword
Posts: 2482
Joined: Wed, 10. Mar 04, 06:11
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 05:50

BugMeister wrote:so, as it appears I am no longer welcome here
I shall take my leave.

goodbye..
I won't tell you to leave or not to leave, rather I will ask you: why leave? Sure, you had come under a bit more scrutiny recently, but comparing to people like #Masterbagger or #Skism, these two are antagonized with just about everything they posted, especially the latter had to face outright hostility (often undeserved). Yet they're still here, just as they should. As long as they don't break any rule, they can post what they want, defend their POV if they care enough, or ignore all criticism as if they don't exit, and so can you. No one can make you leave ... except the mods with their banhammers. But leave only if because you want to, and not because any other people want you to. Be ready to accept challenge, criticism and even scrutiny is something we all have to accept before making our post, and not after it. :)

And unlike the charismatic Morkonan or Observe who seem to get most people response to them politely even over disagreement, my comment was called idiotic just a few page back, and I'm fully aware there is a certain someone here who can't help but constantly throwing indirect jab and shade at my posting style ... but I'm still here. I talk to him when I want, and don't when I'm not in the mood. I have always said the main reason I post is not to seek agreement or endorsement. Yes, it's nice when you get people to agree with you and stink a bit when too many don't at the same time, but above all I do it for myself. :D
Hank001 wrote:@ BugMeister
Mind if I join you?
When Breitbart starts being considered journalism it's time to opt out.
Next they'll comparing their tinfoil hats... :roll:
Mind if I ask who include in this they you are referring to? Seem this bugged you enough that you had to throw shade at it even when posting in a different thread, calling this they "trolls", again, using plural form. I wonder if you're talking about that one particular link posted by Skism in response to your two other links. Yes, one link, posted by one person. So far there is only one response to it (from me), in which the post was clearly and explicit rebuking that Breibart article. Btw, I rebuked simply due to the quality of the writing, that article would get the same score from me anywhere it appears. That post got a couple of nods, so I would assume they agreed with my assessment. Actually, there was another post in response to the Breibart's link from a different poster, who also denounced it. What your posts (here and in the other thread) seem to imply that there are a lot of people linking Breibart's articles left and right or giving it their endorsement. So ... dramatic much? Or ...

I have that suspicious feeling again in which you just skimped over the post, misread it as an endorsement and jump the gun ... again :D

Btw, for your benefit and since I'm bored on a Saturday night, I went back 20 pages of this thread to see if there is another Breibart article anywhere ... but nada.


Setting that aside though, I don't know what Breibart is or why you hate it. But giving the fact that only one person had posted one link from it, and that one occassion still manage to trigger you enough to feel that you want to leave the thread ... given you're sympathetic to Bug, maybe you would understand why people has been reacting in a certain way after months and months of daily youtube links? Again, understand yourself will help you understand others people. It is what it is, right? :)

Chips
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri, 19. Mar 04, 20:46
x3tc

Post by Chips » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 11:25

Brietbart has been referenced to several times in the forum to offer up opinion pieces that support someone's opinion - which isn't *that* surprising - except it's being considered a news source. It isn't, it is entirely presented with the biased opinion of the reporter rather than just reporting news.

Again, different strokes different folks.

You can read wikipedia for a fairly succient explanation about it. You can check out Steve Bannon (familiar I'm sure), Milo Yiannopoulos and many other names associated with the place too.
Its journalists are widely considered to be ideologically driven, and some of its content has been called misogynistic, xenophobic, and racist by liberals and many traditional conservatives alike.[11] The site has published a number of falsehoods, conspiracy theories,[12][13][14][15][16] and intentionally misleading stories.[17][18]
^ Wikipedia.

And what sort of "news organisation" has this:
On November 30, 2016, Breitbart News announced plans to boycott the Kellogg's brand after its decision to stop advertising on the site because Breitbart is not "aligned with our values".[61] Later, Breitbart News announced they would be willing to go to "war" with Kellogg's over its decision to remove ads from the site.
Not a news website :P

Basically, if Brietbart is your only source to support an argument, then it's pretty weak, and you're likely seeking confirmation bias. Realistically it should be easily news substantiated by most recognised, respected, media outlets.

It's hard to formulate any meaningful discussion when Brietbart is the retort - so why waste energy doing so. No opinion is going to shift.

Likewise, I could be accused of being close minded by not bothering to engage if Brietbart is the substantiating source. I'm comfortable with that, mainly as I do read a wide variety of publications and sources across the political spectrum. Except Russia Today - that's just comedy gold :D

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 2462
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 23:49

Chips wrote:Brietbart...Not a news website :P ..
Correct.

youtube - Obi Wan on "Brietbart"

Retiredman
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri, 4. Sep 09, 02:35
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 16:52

BugMeister wrote:so, as it appears I am no longer welcome here
I shall take my leave

goodbye..

Gee.. Don't go, it no fun when you pick on Masterbagger.
(He makes funny sounds when punched :P )

I would volunteer but I already make the normal old geezer sounds every evening.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic English”