X3:R - Questions about Pirate Missions and Pirate Bases turning hostile

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 14:17

The protection racket if not payed adds an item to your freight which is a bomb. Unless you eject it fast it will cause major damage to your ship.

Mazryonh
x3tc

Post by Mazryonh » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 06:18

DrSuperEvil wrote:The protection racket if not payed adds an item to your freight which is a bomb. Unless you eject it fast it will cause major damage to your ship.
Can the bomb actually be removed before it blows up? I tried looking in my ship's freight when I got the "Anomalous Cargo Detected" warning and couldn't find the bomb.

Anyway, a little bit of playtime later, and I found out you can actually get Pirate missions even if you have any police licenses. Guess that theory was a bust. However, I still can't take on the specific Pirate mission with the yellow font highlights in the BBS message. All it says is that my character "smells like an informant" no matter what I do. What exactly are the requirements that one needs to get accepted for that specific pirate mission?

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 23:13

The bomb is disguised a another ware in your freight. If you keep a tidy freight you can spot the ware with an extra unit or a new sort of ware and eject it.

Maybe those missions require a higher race rank to be able to be accepted?

Mazryonh
x3tc

Post by Mazryonh » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 23:45

I'll have to see if I can spot the disguised bomb in the future then.

It doesn't help that X3:R doesn't show your reputation with the Pirates or Yaki without cheats or mods. I guess I'll just have to keep selling them merchandise and searching for Pirate quests to get the one I haven't been able to undertake.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Fri, 21. Sep 18, 03:38

The bomb is a random event even if you are friends with them.

Mazryonh
x3tc

Re:

Post by Mazryonh » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 03:53

DrSuperEvil wrote:
Fri, 21. Sep 18, 03:38
The bomb is a random event even if you are friends with them.
"No honour among thieves," or pirates either? That's not fun. Guess I have no choice right now but to build my reputation with them by selling them factory-produced wares they want (SQUASH mines, Sunrise Flowers, Space Weed, etc.).

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3:R - Questions about Pirate Missions and Pirate Bases turning hostile

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 15:57

That or cap ships belonging to the major races in their sectors.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”