Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 13. Sep 18, 21:11

@ felter
Nope. Us "merikans" actually spell it like a foot fetish.
Sounds crazy but the American Psychiatric Association started it and nobody's tried to correct it:
pe·do·phile /ˈpedəˌfīl, ˌpēdə-/ (Brit. pae·do·phile)
▸ noun
a person who is sexually attracted to children.
– DERIVATIVES
pe·do·phil·i·a /ˌpedəˈfilēə, ˌpēdə-/ noun
pe·do·phil·i·ac /-ˈfilēˌak/ adjective & noun.
– ORIGIN from Greek pais ‘child.’
Your listed spelling is "archaic". :roll:

Anyway there's a minority of GOP (Republican) lawmakers that are still at least trying to make things work:

https://youtu.be/DyPq39Qsufg

Personally I think Ben's chances of even getting the bill read are nill minus.

Edit! Just broke:

https://youtu.be/trTLC-4JhQc

Kavenaugh's got trouble?
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 01:37

Ok, its a strongly contested category but I'm pretty sure this takes the prize for "Worst thing he's ever tweeted"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 7703026689
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 01:50

Bishop149:
Ok, its a strongly contested category but I'm pretty sure this takes the prize for "Worst thing he's ever tweeted"
Posted this up near the top of this page and he's REALLY stepped in it here and the harder he barks this (insert poop emoji) in hopes it keeps his base believing it the more everyone else not wearing tinfoil hats roll their eye at him. :roll: :rant: (see?)
MIND THE GAP

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 03:17

Hank001 wrote:Guess Trump just can't stop lying about anything that disagrees with his proir lies. Wonder how he keeps his lies straight sometimes but spouting that the total deaths in the Puerto Rican hurricane are lies cooked up by the Democrats might be pushing things too far. (Unless he's figuring he'd better jump on this quick before his base starts believing the truth. Can't have that happening.)
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
.....This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!
https://www.npr.org/2018/09/13/64737791 ... -democrats

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/13/poli ... index.html
And here is my response

Fact Check: Trump is Right About Puerto Rico, Critics Manipulating Hurricane Maria Death ‘Estimates’

Again they are doing this in a cheap way to attack Trump but then thats the standard motto for leftists these days ;) :roll: :twisted:
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 03:49

Observe wrote:
A big part of the social debate occurring in present times, involves deciding what is the acceptable threshold of emotional pain, one person can inflict upon another, in the name of personal liberty?
There is no freedom from having your feelings hurt. In all but the most sick and extraordinary of instances the cure for having your jimmies rustled is to just toughen up and deal with it. The last thing we need to do is give the perpetually offended more weapons to use to make our lives miserable accommodating them.
Who made that man a gunner?

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 04:35

Skism wrote:
Hank001 wrote:Guess Trump just can't stop lying about anything that disagrees with his proir lies. Wonder how he keeps his lies straight sometimes but spouting that the total deaths in the Puerto Rican hurricane are lies cooked up by the Democrats might be pushing things too far. (Unless he's figuring he'd better jump on this quick before his base starts believing the truth. Can't have that happening.)
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
.....This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!
https://www.npr.org/2018/09/13/64737791 ... -democrats

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/13/poli ... index.html
And here is my response

Fact Check: Trump is Right About Puerto Rico, Critics Manipulating Hurricane Maria Death ‘Estimates’

Again they are doing this in a cheap way to attack Trump but then thats the standard motto for leftists these days ;) :roll: :twisted:
Two highly regarded Universities against breitbart. I know who I believe, actually I believe only a simpleton idiot would believe the other, so what are you. :?
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 04:44

Masterbagger wrote:There is no freedom from having your feelings hurt. In all but the most sick and extraordinary of instances the cure for having your jimmies rustled is to just toughen up and deal with it. The last thing we need to do is give the perpetually offended more weapons to use to make our lives miserable accommodating them.
Name one person you know who is not perpetually offended. You certainly are clearly offended by many aspects of the liberal agenda as you see it. Just as your philosophy no doubt offends many of the more 'sensitive types'.

I think there does need to be some freedom from having your feelings hurt. We hear a lot about bullying in school these days. Some who have been the subject of bullying have had their 'jimmies rustled' to the point of suicide. Or, are such people just a bunch of pussies wasting air?

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 07:24

Observe wrote:
Masterbagger wrote:There is no freedom from having your feelings hurt. In all but the most sick and extraordinary of instances the cure for having your jimmies rustled is to just toughen up and deal with it. The last thing we need to do is give the perpetually offended more weapons to use to make our lives miserable accommodating them.
Name one person you know who is not perpetually offended. You certainly are clearly offended by many aspects of the liberal agenda as you see it. Just as your philosophy no doubt offends many of the more 'sensitive types'.

I think there does need to be some freedom from having your feelings hurt. We hear a lot about bullying in school these days. Some who have been the subject of bullying have had their 'jimmies rustled' to the point of suicide. Or, are such people just a bunch of pussies wasting air?
I wish you could understand that being offended has very little influence over me. It's why I don't respond favorably to your appeals to emotion or feelings. Were you so eager to appear virtuous that you ignored the part where I mentioned sick and extraordinary circumstances? I am as aware as you are that unstable people have been urged to suicide by sociopathic individuals. That is not the normal experience with childhood bullies. You just seized on it to fling emotional turds at me and phrased it as a specific avenue of attack for a general statement I made. I don't respect that approach.
Who made that man a gunner?

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 08:25

clakclak wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:Even if you don't like the Young Turks[...]
Lets be honest. Is there anyone who does? :lol:
- yes, actually..
- there are thousands upon thousands..
- I suggest you take a closer look at their viewing figures..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 09:31

Meanwhile,

Healthcare is still a joke, education is still a joke, the deficit is running up, where's that wall by the way?
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 10:50

Define how, with examples, you're personally obligated to accommodate "them" (as you term it), who "they" are, what's the issue, why it is making you miserable, and why it is unreasonable for you to be accommodating?

Essentially, qualify your statement - otherwise massive hyperbole to further your opinion, or you should just "toughen up and deal with it", snowflake ;)

In all seriousness, i don't understand why people take it to one extreme or the other. Rationalism seems non existent.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 11:44

BugMeister wrote:
clakclak wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:Even if you don't like the Young Turks[...]
Lets be honest. Is there anyone who does? :lol:
- yes, actually..
- there are thousands upon thousands..
- I suggest you take a closer look at their viewing figures..
That was a joke.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 12:01

Chips wrote:In all seriousness, i don't understand why people take it to one extreme or the other. Rationalism seems non existent.
Rationalism needs competences of thinking, well stocked amounts of verified informations and ability to verify own or third-party attitudes or opinions. That's demanding. And complicated. Hard.

Participating at discussions or shitstorms or campaigns and going to the extremes is based on emotions. Facts are disturbing, veryfying/falsifying needs longer texts than a tweet. Emotions make groups, will result in slaps on the back, provoke reactions [...].

I am positively sure that the fall of public political discourse has been strongly influenced (not to say: caused) by commercial media . I am stating it as a person having worked more than two decades for and having run commercial radio stations.
Almost all categories of journalism have been 'emotionalized'. Within the last 20 years it has become accepted in public discussions that articles or broadcasts are simply 'falsified' only by the name of the publishing company, labeling them als 'liberal' or 'nationalist' or racist or communist (...).
As a result, nowadays, one person can state that all opinions and analysis not conforming to his owns are 'fake' - and such a blatant "ignorantism" has large support. Because there is no more need to think by yourself.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 17:59

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 18:49

Same thing about Manafort from the BBC, so not behind a paywall.
A statement from the White House on Friday said the plea deal had "nothing to do with the president or his victorious 2016 presidential campaign".
They have absolutely no way of knowing this, as Robert Mueller does not leak that kind of information.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 19:10

Sarah Sanders sent tweet out though White House press office to get ahead of the story since DJT is busy today. Expect weekend tweet storm this weekend as per S.O.P.

In the meantime that "dirt" the Dems had on Kavenaugh that they forwarded to the FBI? It deals with what he did in HIGH SCHOOL!
(Huge eye roll :roll: )

Two points of view:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... n-congress

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09 ... 20%251%24s
MIND THE GAP

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 19:38

Hank001 wrote:...In the meantime that "dirt" the Dems had on Kavenaugh that they forwarded to the FBI? It deals with what he did in HIGH SCHOOL! ...
It's times like these that I am thankful I am not an elected official...

"So, Mr. Morkonan, can you explain....this!

"Where did you get that? I -"

"We found this in the archives of your Second Grade Teacher! And, what about this?"

"What? She didn't.. And, where did you get that? Look, I didn't even know girls were different, down there! It's not my fault! Uh... IT'S THE LIBERALS WHO DON'T WANT SEX EDUCATION IN SCHOOLS! Uh... wait a second.. OK, I AM CHANGING MY PARTY AFFILIATION! I will now be a-"

"It's too late for you, Mr. Morkonan. Only pain and unemployment remain for you, now. And, here's that one picture you thought you had destroyed all the copies of for our viewing audience..."

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 20:10

congrats - you have just trivialised a very serious matter..
an obviously partisan liar is exposed, and you find it amusing..
- well done..

- why do you do this?
- it helps no-one..

- From Randi Rhodes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roEVepy1nOc
- Kavanaugh is TOTALLY unsuitable to sit on the Supreme Court..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 20:57

BugMeister wrote:- Kavanaugh is TOTALLY unsuitable to sit on the Supreme Court..
Since I don't watch YouTube, I wonder if you could explain why Kavanaugh is unsuitable? From what I've read (admittedly not much), his peers both liberal and conservative, consider him a good choice for a conservative on the bench.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 21:38

Hank001 wrote:Sarah Sanders sent tweet out though White House press office to get ahead of the story since DJT is busy today. Expect weekend tweet storm this weekend as per S.O.P.

In the meantime that "dirt" the Dems had on Kavenaugh that they forwarded to the FBI? It deals with what he did in HIGH SCHOOL!
(Huge eye roll :roll: )

Two points of view:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... n-congress

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09 ... 20%251%24s
Just as we, in this thread, need to keep our powder dry (on both sides I hasten to add), so do elected officials. Make too big a deal of something meaningless and you can seriously undermine your argument....

EDIT: For the avoidance of doubt that wasn't meant to be interpreted as being critical of Hank001 or his post :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Return to “Off Topic English”