Logical ideas that turn things weird

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hisazul
xr

Logical ideas that turn things weird

Post by hisazul » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 03:23

Fixing CLS jump beacon allergy always sounded pretty logical, so I finally did it... Was training some CLS pilots, afked for a night, tanked my combat rank, spent like 2 days living in xenon secotr to recover a measly 30%. Went to sell the large haul of weapons and noticed I had a surplus of terran weapons laying about, decided to sell them myself.

Every freaking terran outpost had full stock of everything. It was a very awkward moment. I mean on a save that I've now ran for... blah... I don't know many years, I never had issues with food/supplies that settles on it's own and if your terran and settle in terran space it settles even faster but to not have a single station to sell weapons to was just... freaky.

Think as far as awkward moments go it even beats "smart" UT hayabusa managing to peel Q's shields off OOS before getting space trashed.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Timsup2nothin

Re: Logical ideas that turn things weird

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 05:15

hisazul wrote:Fixing CLS jump beacon allergy always sounded pretty logical, so I finally did it... Was training some CLS pilots, afked for a night, tanked my combat rank, spent like 2 days living in xenon secotr to recover a measly 30%. Went to sell the large haul of weapons and noticed I had a surplus of terran weapons laying about, decided to sell them myself.

Every freaking terran outpost had full stock of everything. It was a very awkward moment. I mean on a save that I've now ran for... blah... I don't know many years, I never had issues with food/supplies that settles on it's own and if your terran and settle in terran space it settles even faster but to not have a single station to sell weapons to was just... freaky.

Think as far as awkward moments go it even beats "smart" UT hayabusa managing to peel Q's shields off OOS before getting space trashed.
Every time I've run a serious CLS operation in Terran space I've had to park a huge freighter at Saturn Research and dump arms into it, with intermittent flushing. CLS supported production will outpace the dock consumption rate several times over.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 06:27

So it would appear, on a sad note... in my current 4 or so year old save I finally lost a CAG. Watched it... as long as I watched it it sat there moving ever so slowly, when I got tired of watching it, died to L(there was a PX and like 5 Ls but anyway) >_> In retrospect I should have checked if reason it failed at leaving was jumpdrive loss, by the time I found where it was it already took a bit of hull damage.
CAG's are usually pretty good at not getting killed. But hey! I got a reason to make a hayabusa and outfit it so it's fine, I just put about 90 or so xenon fighters into HQ meatgrinder so it's not like I'm lacking in resources :P Not as happy about training.

All in all today, well I guess it's a second day already for me, lots of interesting things happened.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”