X-Tension modding tools and mods + some questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DEADmetal

X-Tension modding tools and mods + some questions

Post by DEADmetal » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 23:51

I have found some tools for editing X-Tension. They're in russian, but they're intuitive and easy to use.

X-Tension 2.2 modding tool (version 3.5).

https://www24.zippyshare.com/v/fIkM5Ycf/file.html

X-Tension 2.1 modding tool (version 4.8. Has a save file editor).

https://www24.zippyshare.com/v/Jv9Hmr5T/file.html

Data file unpacker (you don't need it to use the above modding tools).

https://www24.zippyshare.com/v/r4MxSk82/file.html

If anyone has any modding tools or any mods for X-Tension, please contribute. I have searched around, but for the few savegame mods and tools I've found, the links were mostly dead.

I would very much like to see a mod that makes the game much more challenging and perhaps more realistic. Anyone is welcome to post their mod suggestions here as well.
Last edited by DEADmetal on Thu, 6. Sep 18, 00:32, edited 6 times in total.
"Your cargohold now contains - ASTEROID"

DEADmetal

X-Tension modding questions

Post by DEADmetal » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 00:30

Using the editor tool, I'm setting the game to be somewhat more realistic and also somewhat more challenging. I want to speed up all the energy weapon pulses / particles (by a factor of 4 or 2), and perhaps speed up all the rockets as well. It would make the weapons more believable and more effective against fast fighters. It would also increase weapon range considerably.

I have a few questions and the first one is - does the algorithm determining at what range AI should engage and how should they aim (how far ahead the target) includes weapon parameter variables, or is it just a different preset for every weapon which doesn't change when changing weapon stats? I mean if the result is determined by a calculation that includes variables of weapon stats, then AI would automatically adjust to the new weapon stats and use them at further ranges, and retain their firing accuracy. If however, it's based on preset values, then any such weapon changes would break the game, by hindering AI firing accuracy and by not letting them use the advantage of increased effective weapon range.

Second question - how can I delete some upgrades from the game? Namely, jump drive, boost extension and strafe engines. I can only change their prices to make them effectively inaccessible via market - only initially though, because there is a price factor limit - but that leaves a possibility of getting them through capturing ships.

Third question - is there a widescreen fix for X-Tension? Cockpit view is zoomed in when using a widescreen resolution. If there isn't one, does anyone know how to make one? I have found one by a russian author. It involves unpacking data archives, but it didn't work for me.

That's it for now. Hopefully there are some people out there who are driven by nostalgia to play X-Tension, who like modding, and who visit these forums.
Last edited by DEADmetal on Thu, 6. Sep 18, 00:20, edited 12 times in total.
"Your cargohold now contains - ASTEROID"

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 15:07

Merged the threads to keep the X-T modding discussion in one current thread.

BTW, typing 'X-Tension' and 'modding' into this search tool may help you find some further useful information.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Kwon

Re: X-Tension modding tools and mods + some questions

Post by Kwon » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 15:13

DEADmetal wrote:tools for editing X-Tension
These programs here also are:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=394034&p=4712347#p4712347

Links removed - Xenon_Slayer

You will excuse me inexact machine translation.
Good luck!
Last edited by Kwon on Thu, 25. Oct 18, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 16:06

@Kwon

While we're all for modding, we can't tolerate removal of copy-protection in our games. Please don't post anything related to that again. This is a warning.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 16:38

doesn't remove patch 2.2 the protection anyway?
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 17:32

Yes, that is true but that is an official release. We will not allow that form of tampering on any version of our games.

And regardless, the website linked to is not allowed to be referenced in these forums.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”