Xenon capital ships stopped spawning in the wrong sector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lhartvik
x4

Xenon capital ships stopped spawning in the wrong sector

Post by lhartvik » Fri, 3. Aug 18, 22:39

I have been playing X3 Albion Prelude from time to time now, but my progress on Shady Business stopped a while ago. Immediately as I had destroyed ship #25 in Black hole sun, ships stopped appearing in Segaris. So, after destroying what was left there I lack 6 Xenon ships in Segaris to complete the mission. I've carpeted the whole of Segaris with Advanced Satellites.

When I say "a while", I mean that I learned how to board ships, trained about 100 five star marines and captured hundreds of ships, including a Xenon Q for the achievement and a Xenon I. I've built 10 standalone Complex Hub factories all across the universe. I've produced the whole alphabet of Springblossoms (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie...) and trained them all to Universe trader level 25. Let the game run for hours and hours while repairing them. And not a single xenon capital ship has appeared in Segaris. My Advanced satellites in Segaris are completely safe and untouched. Tons of Xenon keep spawning in Black Hole Sun though.

I'm never going to complete the Shady Business in time for X4 am I. :-)

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 4. Aug 18, 01:09

just redirect normal xenon caps there link some lonely xenon system via the hub to the west gate of segaris, and kill everything inside, now guess the route the reinforcement will take.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Sat, 4. Aug 18, 10:54

Yes nice plan, gonna try this

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 4. Aug 18, 13:26

The HUB connections affect the preferred direction Xenon M7 and M1 patrols take between going via Segaris or Grand Exchange.

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Sat, 4. Aug 18, 14:10

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:just redirect normal xenon caps there link some lonely xenon system via the hub to the west gate of segaris, and kill everything inside, now guess the route the reinforcement will take.
Some Qs appeared there allright, killed three of them now, two myself and tried one oos, but they don't seem to count for the mission gah :roll:

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 4. Aug 18, 14:19

I'm sorry to say, it sounds like that mission bugged out for you.

When you're in Segaris, does the Objective Pointer indicate anything?

If the mission was working properly, killing the correct ships OOS counts too. That's how I killed all 50 in my last run through.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 4. Aug 18, 14:55

I can try to reset the mission via md but this will cause a modified.
My X3 Mods

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 4. Aug 18, 15:53

Only destroying the marked (indicated by mission guidance) Xenon capitals destined for those sectors counts towards the plot mission. It seems that you must literally follow the guidance - if any. Make sure that guidance has not somehow been disabled for this mission!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Xenon sectors

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 4. Aug 18, 17:12

There two parts to this. You can use the HUB to make Segaris part of the shortest route to X 472. Then you kill the Xenon Capitals in X472 and destroy the SY there. They'll rebuild at the closest SY, which should be X Core 023. Then they migrate back to X472.

You can generate more traffic by killing the Xenon capitals in other Xenon sectors for more ships. Then you'll have to destroy the SY in X101 so it isn't the closest SY. There's a limit to the number of Xenon capitals in an X sector. They'll rebuild to that limit. Otherwise you're relying on generated missions which include capitals. Those might be headed to Grand Exchange when they do happen.

I believe there's route from X Core 023 to Segaris already but you can put one Gate on Core 023 to make the travel time faster. Another gate in Segaris. The Third Gate to X472.

Combat in Xenon Sectors is intense. I'm a big fan of the Tyr with its 6 x 2 shields. But the Kyoto with 7 x 2 is better. Too damn slow but that extra shield makes a big difference. You can also carry a big TS and not worry about E or missiles.

Good Luck!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Sun, 5. Aug 18, 13:09

Jimmy C wrote:I'm sorry to say, it sounds like that mission bugged out for you.

When you're in Segaris, does the Objective Pointer indicate anything?

If the mission was working properly, killing the correct ships OOS counts too. That's how I killed all 50 in my last run through.
The guidance used to show me the way to Segaris, and then nothing. But now I noticed it has moved to Blue Horizon(player sector) for some reason.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. Aug 18, 15:11

Asking a probably silly question, but you didn't capture one of the Xenon capitals during the run of the mission and now have it proudly displayed in your Player sector? If so, you may have to destroy your own trophy ship to progress.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 5. Aug 18, 16:24

Might not need to destroy it. Selling it at a shipyard should work too.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 5. Aug 18, 19:54

any action that destroys a ship including HQ demontage should be sufficient.
My X3 Mods

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 6. Aug 18, 01:04

Possibly trivial, but a marked fast scout may have fleed from the target sector too.. unfortunately this isn't updated in MG (I think.. I don't know AP updates) :( In which case you can go on a random sector hunt or hope that it's killed eventually by NPC to clear the mission :(
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 6. Aug 18, 01:23

That last mission of Shady requires you to kill 50 capitals, the smallest of which are Qs. None of them can be considered "fast".

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 00:40

My apologies; I missed the shady part when replying; however the general advice in my comment still stands: a (scripted) targetted ship may have left the sector in any direction
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 20:09

Alan Phipps wrote:Asking a probably silly question, but you didn't capture one of the Xenon capitals during the run of the mission and now have it proudly displayed in your Player sector? If so, you may have to destroy your own trophy ship to progress.
Aaaa You are onto something. It is possible that the spawning stopped as I coptured that one J in Segaris! Will try to kill it with fire (literal, searing hot IBL)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 21:29

You would lose profitsss! :teladi:

Sell the ship.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 22:02

lhartvik wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:Asking a probably silly question, but you didn't capture one of the Xenon capitals during the run of the mission and now have it proudly displayed in your Player sector? If so, you may have to destroy your own trophy ship to progress.
Aaaa You are onto something. It is possible that the spawning stopped as I coptured that one J in Segaris! Will try to kill it with fire (literal, searing hot IBL)
Lol, I nuked my trophy J and seconds later, tons of questworthy ships in Segaris. And mission complete!

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 22:05

jlehtone wrote:You would lose profitsss! :teladi:

Sell the ship.
Oh dear. Oops

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”