[SCRIPT][AP/TC] Improved Races 2.0 v1.08 (6'th-June-12)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 03:59

@Skidmarc

this is how Mission Director protects ships it creates - it makes them invulnerable (sometimes temporary sometimes permanently - in case of plotline ships)

Plot protection simply excludes some TC plot-related sectors from invasion. Useless in AP (unless Jack added new ones to the list).

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 04:08

djrygar wrote:(unless Jack added new ones to the list).
I doubt it (i dont remember), i never played the AP plot to know them haha.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Sun, 15. Oct 17, 20:56

Hi guys,any know when improved khaak is availabe with IR2.0?

zorglub1422
x3

Post by zorglub1422 » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 11:09

Hi guys,

anybody can tell me how to claim the sector after kill all ennemy stations ?

Dont find what to do in this thread.

Thanx -)

edit : find it, in the menu of IR

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Fri, 13. Apr 18, 18:56

Heya, is it possible to 'donate' my own sector to other race?
Also when I'm trying to claim other sector for an ally all I get is this window:

http://scr.hu/0pe6/sp7bq

and I can't select any race. I have almost maximum rank with everyone except Pirates and Yaki.

What I'm doing wrong?

Kobram
x4

DEBRIS....help?

Post by Kobram » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 06:50

Hi I have a problem with the mod ...
1) There are too many debris how can I remove them? CAUSE HOTWAR

Jack08
x3tc

Re: DEBRIS....help?

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 00:07

Kobram wrote:Hi I have a problem with the mod ...
1) There are too many debris how can I remove them? CAUSE HOTWAR
Wow i haven't had to deal with this problem in almost... a decade! If waiting for them to disappear, isn't an option, then you'll need to modify a file.

There is a no wrecks mod in the original IR addons package: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=273973 it should still work. Just take the TDockWrecks & TFactoriesWrecks from the /types folder in the archive, and put them in /addon/types (AP) or /types (TC) depending your game. (You will have to make the folder probably)

Ignore all other files in the archive.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Kontaro
x3tc

Post by Kontaro » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 03:11

Did the problem that caused the shipyards to stop sending out fleets get fixed? after a few in game days/weeks they'd stop sending out fleets, and cleaning up the responce fleets never helped, so i'd haveta start a new game

gazdadude
x4

Post by gazdadude » Tue, 1. May 18, 21:32

is it compatible wit yaki armada and pirate guild?

BenS123456789
xr

Post by BenS123456789 » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 23:00

Awesome mod but the "ennemy" race doesn't seem very hostile to me.

I should expect being shot at in range of any ennemy ship in ennemy sector, instead I just fly by, no problem.

I am running XRM and Pirate Guild as well though

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 13. Jul 18, 18:15

There are two bugs in xtl.lib.ship.choose.xml
- spacefly swarms are created and not removed
- missile boats shouldn't require lasers to be detected.
Fix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a061oijrvlr32 ... ml.7z?dl=1
Only a hardcode modification can't kill the spaceflies, X3 Customizer offers it.
Last edited by ubuntufreakdragon on Fri, 3. Aug 18, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Mon, 30. Jul 18, 02:20

Here's a question - does economy booster factor in your own stations and complexes when deciding what to build? So if you build a mess of basic factories, will it start plopping down solar stations to supply the demand?
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Mon, 30. Jul 18, 04:32

Given the spacefly spam issue that @ubuntufreakdragon fixed, is there any way to remove all the spaceflies created by this script, but not any of the ones that are "supposed to be there" (created by G.O.D.?).
I think I am suffering from a gigantic number of spaceflies in my game because of this issue.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 30. Jul 18, 20:01

The only spaceflies that are supposed to be there are created when the player enters a sector with asteroids, and destroyed on leaving. It's not part of the God code, iirc.

To kill the excess, you can use the Kill_Spaceflies option in the X3 Customizer (link below).

KruniacZio
x3ap

Strange Issue With IR 2, RRF, and MBRR

Post by KruniacZio » Thu, 2. Aug 18, 22:22

So I have no idea which mod is causing this, but when I run IR 2, RRF, and MBRR, with MBRR doing invasions, IR2 with Improved Xenon on and True Relations, and RRF handling response...

....Everything dies eventually. No, really. There is basically zero freighter traffic in the Argon sectors, virtually every station is maxed out on output goods, Argon Prime is constantly devoid of ships (and when civs or freighters spawn, the two Pirates or Yaki that hang around there swat them like flies).

I've accidentally destroyed the Argon. While some of you don't mind this, I was trying to have a nice business there.

Any ideas on what got borked? I turned MBRR off after I realized that it might have borked some things, and I expected IR2 to pick up the token assignment/ship spawn, but I don't know.

Sorry to post this here specifically - I'm not saying IR 2 broke my game at all. Just trying to get an idea as to what went wrong.

On a similar note - I know that RRF and IR are compatible, but I'm not so sure about MBRR and IR2. Any thoughts?

*Edit* Running TC with no XTC or anything.
Last edited by KruniacZio on Thu, 2. Aug 18, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

Kontaro
x3tc

Post by Kontaro » Thu, 2. Aug 18, 22:34

Are you running TC or AP? if AP, RRF is already built in, and not needed I believe

KruniacZio
x3ap

Post by KruniacZio » Thu, 2. Aug 18, 23:13

Kontaro wrote:Are you running TC or AP? if AP, RRF is already built in, and not needed I believe
TC. Should have mentioned that. Just TC, no overhauls or anything.

bl3ek
x4

Post by bl3ek » Fri, 3. Aug 18, 15:04

Hi guys,

I love the sound of this mod!

I notice a lot of bug related comments recently, am I to take it this mod is no longer stable or usable in the latest version of AP?

Or, is it the case a few people are having specific issues but for the main, people are happy?

KruniacZio
x3ap

Post by KruniacZio » Fri, 3. Aug 18, 19:12

bl3ek wrote:Hi guys,

I love the sound of this mod!

I notice a lot of bug related comments recently, am I to take it this mod is no longer stable or usable in the latest version of AP?

Or, is it the case a few people are having specific issues but for the main, people are happy?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm positive that it's the combination of mods I'm running which caused my issues, as they all do pretty much the same thing.

RRF and MBRR both have a token system, both have reserve ships (Which is basically what RRF is), etc. All of them have incursions, IIRC.

I'm also running Yaki Armada, Pirates Guild, Improved Xenon, and Improved Kha'ak, so it's no wonder everything went crazy in my game. :)

As for now, since the entire reason I came back to TC was to do a plot playthrough (and I sort of missed X3), I have disabled Improved Races and RRF, sticking just with MBRR for invasions and whatnot. I left the game running all night and had no problems so far.

If IR is a little outdated or buggy, I really hope it gets an overhaul, because I've used IR 2.0 since it was released.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Thu, 9. Aug 18, 03:30

Hey folks ^^ I'm considering jumping back into TC while I wait for X4 to drop. IR 2.0 was my jam way back in the day, and I see it's still Page One material these days - is it currently stable in the most recent version of TC? I'm starting with a totally clear modlist, so I'm not really worried about it not playing nicely with another mod just yet.
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”