Cockpit Crew

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
x4

Cockpit Crew

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 17:14

I was watching the Dec 2017 Q&A again and was thinking if you were in another part of the cockpit and your pilot encounters a enemy or sometihng to alert you off, have the NPC verbally tell you "Theyre coming right for us captain" or something like that, rather than just a "beep" on your UI.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 18:46

Remember this? "Alert, missile launched. Alert, missile launched. Alert, missile l... Alert, missile … Alert, miss... Alert, m... Alert... Al... Al.. A.. A. A AAAAAA"

Be careful what you wish for. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 20:02

Alan Phipps wrote:Remember this? "Alert, missile launched. Alert, missile launched. Alert, missile l... Alert, missile … Alert, miss... Alert, m... Alert... Al... Al.. A.. A. A AAAAAA"

Be careful what you wish for. :D
Yeah, I think the beep is a better choice :D

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 20:35

Something like Yisha from X-Rebirth, but not so annoying and literally not Yisha (I hate that b**ch) :)

Edit: ...actually put all NPC speeches from X-Rebirth into one computer, then smash that computer, burn and bury the remains.
The concept of talking NPC was good, but X-Rebirth execution was horrible (every NPC treared you like they despise/rudicule you...even if you're literally their boss).

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 21:56

I would like to have a custom voice over for the ship something like Holly from Red Dwarf warning me of a problem only to turn out to be a speck of dust.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 24. Jul 18, 00:52

Have you guys ever played Star Trek - Bridge Commander?

That game is simply the pinnacle of bridge simulation in a single player game, and it exactly was how you described it. But shamely, I doubt that it's going to be like that, as most of the NPCs are probably going to be mute at best.

Hell, even Yisha could only manage to say "Sending coordinates to following ships." Even Darkstar One did a better job at implementing a verbal co-pilot, and damn, was that a crappy game.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 24. Jul 18, 02:50

Maybe just ask Egosoft to rip out ol' Betty and install Alexa? That one'd be cracking dad jokes every time you're hit. The game'd probably need constant connection though. 8)

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 26. Jul 18, 03:45

mr.WHO wrote: The concept of talking NPC was good, but X-Rebirth execution was horrible (every NPC treared you like they despise/rudicule you...even if you're literally their boss).
That was Egosoft's fault.

I got pretty tuned in to the alert Beep in X3, but Id still miss it some times. It would be nice to have a clear warning that we are under attack when I am in another part of the ship minding my own business.
Last edited by DaMuncha on Sat, 28. Jul 18, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Thu, 26. Jul 18, 16:49

Alan Phipps wrote:Remember this? "Alert, missile launched. Alert, missile launched. Alert, missile l... Alert, missile … Alert, miss... Alert, m... Alert... Al... Al.. A.. A. A AAAAAA"
You mean: "Alert, missile lau...Ale...Ale...Ale...Ale...Ale..."(GAME OVER)? I'm annoyingly reminded of a group of roughly 5 pirate Elites and Busters, each of which launched around 2-3 Banshee missiles in rapid succession. I suspect that the total value of the missiles may have exceeded the cost of my M4 ship. Unfortunately, it was VERY effective.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 28. Jul 18, 04:06

My universe in Rebirth is so big all i can hear is "ONE OF YOUR SHIPS IS UNDER ATTACK". And there are some quiet minutes on rare occasions.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 28. Jul 18, 09:19

Virtualaughing wrote:[...] in Rebirth [...] all i can hear is "ONE OF YOUR SHIPS IS UNDER ATTACK"
Does not compute. Mods?

Return to “X4: Foundations”