Happy Friday the 13th (TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JJRSC
x4

Happy Friday the 13th (TC)

Post by JJRSC » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 03:12

So I was playing TC when I looked at my pilot summary screen and saw that, in my current game, I have killed 666 Qs. I discovered this today, Friday the 13th. Creepy. :o

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 13:02

That seems to have been more unlucky for the Xenon than for yourself! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 13:24

The number 666 actually has no real significance since it was created from a copying error of the original biblical number of the beast. Hint: it had a 3 and a 5 in it.

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 16:38

@ Alan Phipps :lol: :lol:

@ DrSuperEvil... Even though you spotted me two numbers I still can't guess it... maybe that's a good sign that I can't figure out the "number of the beast"? :lol: I'm such a goody two shoes I've never even flown a split ship b/c I don't believe in harming spaceflies :roll:

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 00:35

You are missing out with the split ships. The Dragon, Panther Raider and Pteranodon are good.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 03:47

I'm sorry, I can't avoid the Split Elephant. An early TL is just too crucial and the Elephant is by far the best spot builder and reserve carrier. I mean I suppose I could get the Ryu instead, but what are the chances Yaki vessels are spacefly-free?
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 11:35

@ JJRSC: In roleplay terms, surely if you deprive the Split of some of their ships and use them for your and the spaceflies' benefit you could even be improving their environment and life expectancy. Just a thought.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 16:40

In roleplay terms, job #1 is to survive contact with the enemy. You do that by taking advantage of the resources placed in front of you.

Since my Elephant spends most of its time in an Argon shipyard at Legend's Home waiting to be called upon, I suppose I could roleplay that I had the shipwrights gut the Elephant and replace its Split spacefly power core and drive system with Argon equivalents.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 00:30

Imgran wrote:In roleplay terms, job #1 is to survive contact with the enemy. You do that by taking advantage of the resources placed in front of you.

Since my Elephant spends most of its time in an Argon shipyard at Legend's Home waiting to be called upon, I suppose I could roleplay that I had the shipwrights gut the Elephant and replace its Split spacefly power core and drive system with Argon equivalents.
I have used a similar thought process to justify the rastar refinery I built to supply my PHQ with rastar oil to build ships with. Yes, sometimes you have to embrace a little deux est machina in the roleplay :D

@ Alan Phipps: Not a bad argument... I'll have to use that soon! :lol:

I can just see the sign at the new (relatively liberal) Family Thi shipyard: "Our ships only make humane use of free-range spaceflies" :D

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 00:44

Meh, just think of it like the flies aren't consumed, they're simply buzzing really REALLY hard.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 01:11

I prefer thinking of it as right by conquest.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 17:14

radcapricorn wrote:Meh, just think of it like the flies aren't consumed, they're simply buzzing really REALLY hard.
..the Split equivalent of a hamster treadmill?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 17:38

Yep. Why not? For all we know, the flies might as well have developed the tech themselves 8)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”