Restoring a pre x-universe plugin manager rewrite modlist or savegame

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

niz130

Restoring a pre x-universe plugin manager rewrite modlist or savegame

Post by niz130 » Tue, 3. Jul 18, 19:16

So I've really wanted to get back into AP..I don't even need the saves I had, I totally wouldn't mind starting over. But what I can't do is figure out the mod set I was using. I had some really nice mods that mostly changed usability, and I'd like to find out what they where. I wish I had kept a list written down.

What I have are the save games, and I know how to use the plugin manager, but there is no feature on the plugin manager that will scan the game directory and figure out what mods you where using, I was wondering if anyone knew of such a tool, or can provide any other advice to achieve this goal of finding out what mods + scripts I was using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 3. Jul 18, 19:51

i doubt this is easily do-able considering how Modding in X3 works...
(there isno way to extract this Info from the Game itself directly - you have to check it against known Mods!)

For Scripts it might be do-able, because you just have to check which setup files are present and check them against said db.. Or you could google for the file names of all setup.**** files to find out which script they belong to (PS also the init files, although these were very rarely used only, if at all)

Mods on the other hand are an entirely diffrent beast because for each game file there can be only one Version (and for example all Ship Types are defined in one file) - to use multiple simultaneously you have to merge them, which means creating an entirely new file which contains the changes of both mods (and at this point its not either of them anymore but something new)
For Ships the Mod Manager took care of this, but not sure if and how are other files are handled by it...

I dont think anyone would put in the necesary effort to create something like this now, so your best chance is to make such a list for yourself
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

niz130

Post by niz130 » Tue, 3. Jul 18, 23:17

I appreciate the response, I don't think I'll give up yet! But I see where your coming from and why this would be so difficult.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”