Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 22:11

I don't get it. I've tried to install this mod on MS-DOS, and it gives me an error. Help me please.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 23:47

Ensure that you are running the latest MS-DOS version, I believe that's 6.22.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 05:18

So i installed LU and:

- it throw up error that exe is not right, but after yes it goes into game ? Is it normal ?
- Why x360pad buttons and color coding is removed from LU ? It uses AP so it should have those... Or is it due to ****** up install.

edit:

So i have read more about it. It looks like LU is made with previous version of Albion Prelude in mind while egosoft updated AP.

Is it safe to play LU ? Is there any update on horizon ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 10:39

Scoob wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:In X3 Editor, multi warheads missiles are noted with the "Fragmentation" checkbox. That is indeed the case for Wasps, Ghouls and Shadows.
Thanks for the clarification... however, why do the Ghoul missiles on my Skirnir not break into separate warheads then?

The Skirnir has 2 x 8 missile tubes and, if I turn one off, it fires 8 missiles each salvo and uses 8 missiles from inventory, as you'd expect. The 8 missiles then form a circle and spiral towards their target, they do not become multiple separate warheads.
if the missiles are spiraling around, then they do break off, as thats the swarm behavior.

whats most likely happening is that missiles are stacked on top of each other.

if you fire 8 none swarm missiles, you will probably find that it looks like only 1 has fired

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 19:04

Swarm missiles also don't go into their spiral formation if the target is very close.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 17:26

Yeah, something weird was happening for sure.

I think they must have been occupying the same space, as I'd see 8 missiles exit of of the missile banks, then 8 missiles spinning to the target - they must have been overlapping somehow.

When my ship is firing at a more distant target - as I tested last night - I can see what looks like one set of missiles (8 warheads) spinning towards the target. Only when really close, and the missiles appear to scatter, are there a lot more warheads visible.

This became very clear when my Skirnir quickly finished off some fighters then targetted the Xenon J that launched them. The individual warheads were indeed overlapping as they approached the target in formation, so to speak, but when they broke up and actually started hitting the target there were loads of them.

So, looks like the missiles are working as planned, but visually they're overlapping perfectly. Never noticed this behaviour before, but then I rarely use M7M's as I consider them a little OP. Getting this one free - a very lucky early-game bail - already stuffed with missiles lead to me playing around more than usual.

Basically Cycrow, you nailed it - that was exactly the issue :)

Scoob.

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Fri, 22. Jun 18, 02:15

Hi everyone.

How can i check my ST/UT traders level in Litecube Universe ?
I can't find any option to do that... Not in info about shup or in commands...

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Fri, 22. Jun 18, 05:15

Perkel wrote:Hi everyone.

How can i check my ST/UT traders level in Litecube Universe ?
I can't find any option to do that... Not in info about shup or in commands...
The pilot's name will have his trader rank (a number) and title.

So it will be [5] Courier Blah Blah.... or similar.

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 00:06

Thanks,

Looks like LU doesn't jive well with 3.3 version of AP. My UT is clearly lvl 13 has jumpdrive and fuel but he never uses it. Looks like a bug :(

Does anyone have such problem as me ?

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 00:17

Perkel wrote:Thanks,

Looks like LU doesn't jive well with 3.3 version of AP. My UT is clearly lvl 13 has jumpdrive and fuel but he never uses it. Looks like a bug :(

Does anyone have such problem as me ?
u have to turn the usage of the JD on in the command console of ur ut!

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 00:54

Daaaaamn. Why this isn't default ? I spend literally 2 days trying to figure it out. I sold ships, removed traders, started new traders from scratch...

and here you just switch autojump and it works...

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 01:16

Maybe some people don't want to use energy cells to jump around tho I agree that probably the default should be on, when adding Jumpdrive to a ship (but I don't know if this is in the realm of possibility for LU to change, it may be hardcoded in the game).

In LU all ships should obey Autojump when they need to travel to a point (and have enough energy cells, and the point is beyond the configured minimum jump range), this makes it easy to reason about their behavior. In vanilla game I think UT above certain level just started using the jump drive regardless.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 19:36

I have a question. Does Seta can go past 6x safely ? I remember vanilla Seta being 6x factor default and if you used 10x often ships would crash.
Same with X-tended.

Does LU changes something to counter this ?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 20:11

Bounce does wonders fixing that yes.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 28. Jun 18, 17:29

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 28. Jun 18, 18:14

tatakau wrote:Hey guys, I have a question about the in-game encyclopedia and weapon stats. I am trying to calculate values for Damage-Per-Second, and Damage-Per-Energy in a spreadsheet.

In the encyclopedia, it says the Particle Accelerator Cannon does 258 hull damage. Is that 258 hull damage per shot? Or 258 hull damage per second?

Also, the PPC says it has a fire rate of 2 rounds per minute. Is that EXACTLY 30 seconds between each shot, or is it rounding?

... come to think of it, did anyone already make a spreadsheet for weapon stats and calculations for LU? I'm certain someone must have by now. (I've been away from the game for a few years)
1. The ingame values of lasers are already in damage per second.
2. The ingame values are all rounded, the PPC does 60000/21790 = ~2.75 rounds per minute.
3. Please have a look at http://blubb.najut.org/x3/lu/lasers_en_lu.html

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Fri, 29. Jun 18, 07:17

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 22:49

Burp.

aurelcourt
x4

Courier setup

Post by aurelcourt » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 12:41

Hi guys,

Question about courier setup :

I'd like to set up a courier to unload all "mineral category" products from several mobile mining ops, however I can't find a way to NOT select individually all minerals/crystals... for EACH mobile ops location... (+ unload everything at the end...), which makes it veeeeery tedious...

Is there a way for a courier (a script or something else if need be...) to load/unload all items of a category and not having to select all items individually inside that category?

Thanks in advance !

Retchbeard
x3ap

Post by Retchbeard » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 03:47

idont wrote:
nekoexmachina wrote:Got an issue on Linux (don't have windows machine to try to reproduce there):
http://imgur.com/QrhykEF
this exact star is located behind the "West Gate (Cloudbase south-west)" in Ore Belt. This issue happens once in a while (I think 3 or 4 spots in Argon space around argon prime at least).
I've followed the install instructions step-by-step excluding the GUI installer, since it is marked as "Optional".
I had the same problem. I fixed it by turning off lensflare for the suns that had this problem. You can do the same by downloading this file and putting it in addon/types/TSuns.txt
Just tried adding this, following the instructions to the letter, but my sun flares still have that black box around them. Right now I'm looking at the one in Red Light. Is there something I need to change? What info do you need?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”