EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Litcube's Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sirrobert

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 18, 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

When was the last time you read through the LU wiki? Cause it's also already explained in there.

Uncle Benis

PostPosted: Fri, 15. Jun 18, 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I remember litcube mentioning a "next update" on multiple occasions, does a time frame for release exist already or are we betting on Duke for now?

Scoob

PostPosted: Fri, 15. Jun 18, 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey all Smile

I started playing again recently and have been having a blast as usual. However, I have a query if anyone can help...

Very luckily a Skirnir bailed during a fight with some Pirates and I got to it before the salvage crews. It had 200 or so of the Ghoul light - anti-fighter - missile as well as the heavier Shadow missile.

After I'd got it up to spec, equipped and shielded I had a play around with it. I set one Missile Turret to attack capitals and the other to attack fighters. However, it appears to always use its most powerful missile - the Shadow - against all targets. Is there any way to have it behave more sensibly? Most of my heavy missiles got spammed vs Fighters. Sure, they were very effective, but I'd rather the lighter missiles got used first.

Is there some setting / equipment option I'm missing perhaps? I've noticed AI M7M's behave similarly, only launching their lighter missiles once the heavies are gone.

Note: I'm aware I just *just* equip the light missiles, but that's not really the point, I'd like this ship to be multi-role without re-equipping each time.

All advice welcome Smile

Scoob.

AdriPL

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Jun 18, 01:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Check MLCC page at Litcube's Universe Wiki. There is feature which perfectly match your needs.

Scoob

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Jun 18, 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

AdriPL wrote:
Check MLCC page at Litcube's Universe Wiki. There is feature which perfectly match your needs.

Thanks for the tip. I'm sorta a bit too early-game currently, not having an appropriate dock for the Skirnir in order for MLCC to be set up. My query was more asking about a more basic solution, but I guess there isn't one.

Ah well, not to worry, I just need to work up the rep to get an appropriate station Smile

Scoob.

Scoob

PostPosted: Tue, 19. Jun 18, 01:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Another question, if anyone can help...

The Anti-Fighter Ghoul Missile my M7M uses looks like a multi-warhead missile judging by its Icon and the fact that it's M7M only. However, every volley my Skirnir fires uses lots of Missiles.

When using the larger Shadow Missile, the missile count goes down much less per volley fired, yet multiple warheads are still seen.

When one 45k cr missile has multiple warheads, it makes it fairly effective cost-wise, however I'm spamming through missiles at an alarming rate currently. Considering it takes between 2-5 of these missiles to take out one M3 fighter, depending on hull and shielding...

Note: out of interest I have the "Types" folder extracted, so I could poke around to see what's going on... I might just do that. Anyone else noticed this oddity with the Ghoul missile?

Edit: I just checked with X3 Editor 2 and neither the Ghoul or the Shadow are showing as Multi-warhead. Interestingly, neither is the Wasp, which does fire multiple warheads...most odd.

Edit 2: Perhaps I'm just miss-remembering how these missile work....or I've gotten myself confused from using another mod. I suspect M7M's are designed to be VERY costly as they're hugely OP vs. anything when in-sector...

Scoob.