Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 29. May 18, 18:00

(Both are incompatible.)

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 15:35

BlackArchon wrote:Why would you need Hephaistos in LU?
Because i dont want search for mammoth and i dont know any other way to build station without TL

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 09:41

Sooner or later you will need your own TL. It's the best source of income in LU by doing station building missions. Besides that, a TL as a tug is handy and also viable as a Loot Shuttle when you are fighting the OCV (dropped Gamma Kyon Emitters can only be picked up with TLs).
When you want to drop lasertowers in a Ring of Fire formation you may also want to use a TL because of its huge cargo space.

methalys
x4

Post by methalys » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 17:11

How can I automate the prices of the products and resources at my stations, so I don't have to micro-manage them?

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 03:20

What is the normal number of cat/dat files for a clean LU install?
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 21:23

I think about buying artificial fertilizer factory its a good idea? I have 2 meaststeak cahoona bakery and i dont know what factory i should buy next

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 22:23

Szynszyl wrote:I think about buying artificial fertilizer factory its a good idea? I have 2 meaststeak cahoona bakery and i dont know what factory i should buy next
Don't waste your time with a handful of factories. Invest in SCHs instead.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 22:26

TomRobinson wrote:What is the normal number of cat/dat files for a clean LU install?
09.cat is the highest number under the addon directory after installing LU base 1.7.1, patch 1.7.2, the soundtrack, and the GUI pack.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 23:06

09.cat, period.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 23:40

Thanks gents (I assume!). It's sorted.
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 5. Jun 18, 00:08

BlackArchon wrote:Don't waste your time with a handful of factories. Invest in SCHs instead.
Its little difficult with 4 kk credits :P

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 5. Jun 18, 02:58

Check out my signature for a playthrough series where I explain this mod and give plenty of hints of how to make money (including early on). Everyone plays their own way (it's the X way!) but I generally agree that single factories are a waste of time in LU.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 20:58

Guys i have another question, lasertowers are good intalations to defent against Phanon ships? (i play with phanon plus), and what is the most profitable to produce? Memeics i watch your first movie but its too long for me, and i give up in middle without any helping me informations. Maybye somwhere there is any guide to this mod?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 21:01

"I've watched your movie, but it's too long for me."

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 21:37

Jourbarbe, my english is terrible i know :P But you can still answer my questions

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 21:41

Try watching it on 2x speed or something, I cover pretty much every feature of LU (except maybe for mobile mining) across the series, a full LU playthrough is pretty long (150+ hours) so the series is actually already very distilled.

Lasertowers aren't great in early game because they are relatively expensive/rare/slow to produce and in OOS combat you will inevitably lose some over time so it's a constant drain of resources at a time (early game) when you cannot afford that kind of drain. Use an early fleet of M6 + maybe some M3+ (or simply just a good M6 player ship) to jump in where you get attacked and defend. If you cannot afford yet to defend your installations against Phanon+ then simply do not deploy any until you have enough of a fleet to do so. Instead focus on trying to make money using mobile means (doing missions and using automated traders) so that you don't have any structures to defend.

In terms of what stations are most profitable, I wouldn't know because I don't really deploy single stations/regular complexes but for Saturn Complex Hubs it's a good idea to make the cheapest weapons since their factories are cheap (does not require huge investment) and they pay off quickly (about 1.5 game days) and they occupy little volume which makes them easy to move about and sell them. Note however that you will need to diversify, don't make lots of SCH making just one type of weapon because soon enough the universe will be full of those weapons and you won't have where to sell them.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 22:04

memeics, thx now i know what i want. Whe i asking about item to produce i thought about saturn complex hub. I thinking about high energy plasma thrower at start in small saturn hub maybye 10 or 5. Last question, can i sell my station? Command "Auction Station" dont work for me

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 22:23

HEPT is OK but not ideal, go for even cheaper weapons (Alpha Particle Canon, Impulse Ray Emitter, etc).

In terms of SCH size I generally wait until I get at least a SCH25 or so, since that would also allow me to use very efficient supporting factories (L sized food and XXL sized solar power plants). The larger the size of the supporting factories is the more profitable your SCH is because of the lower cost of the larger sized factories/solar power plants per produced units. Also, speaking about efficiency, you want to deploy those SCH in a sector with lots of sun intensity, the higher it is the better (fewer solar power plants needed to produce the same amount of power cells).
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 22:49

Ok thx for advice

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 22:44

Guys there is any way to sell station? "Auction station" command dont work for me

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”