Slaves anyone

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LordJorge
x4

Slaves anyone

Post by LordJorge » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 17:33

I remember back in X3 that you could capture the pilots who bailed and take em to a pirate station for enslaving

I slavery making a comeback in X4? in XR i feel you're somehow forced into the legal-good path a bit too much

spankahontis
x4

Re: Slaves anyone

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 19:34

LordJorge wrote:I remember back in X3 that you could capture the pilots who bailed and take em to a pirate station for enslaving

I slavery making a comeback in X4? in XR i feel you're somehow forced into the legal-good path a bit too much

Or what Frontier: Elite 2 did where you needed Life Support fitted to carry Livestock, People etc.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 20:49

"Legal-good path"? Yeah, like the "Mass Chaos" missions? Kill a crapton of innocent people for 10-20 (or more) million credits. Reprecussions? Meh, station will be cross with you for a bit. I still don't understand what Ego was thinking when making those.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: Slaves anyone

Post by Tamina » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 20:59

spankahontis wrote:Or what Frontier: Elite 2 did where you needed Life Support fitted to carry Livestock, People etc.
Same in X3

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 23:34

I'd like to be able to pick up ejected pilots, but also be given more options as to what to do with them.

In addition to being able to sell them into slavery, you should be able to do things like return them to one of their faction's stations to earn reputation with said faction. Alternatively, give them to an enemy faction for a reciprocal effect.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 23:42

... or enslave them on one of your own stations. Who said that?!

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 04:32

This wouldn't be bad idea if we could use slaves to work in our factories as cheap workforce :fg:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 14:44

Nikola515 wrote:This wouldn't be bad idea if we could use slaves to work in our factories as cheap workforce :fg:
can the workforce get any cheaper?
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 15:32

UniTrader wrote:
Xenon.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 16:47

adeine wrote:
UniTrader wrote:
Xenon.
Indeed, the Xenon don't even need to eat or have living quarters, unlike slaves.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 18:08

Falcrack wrote:
adeine wrote:
UniTrader wrote:
Xenon.
Indeed, the Xenon don't even need to eat or have living quarters, unlike slaves.

Sex slaves? I don't think Xenon would be very cost effective in that field.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 20:26

UniTrader wrote:
Nikola515 wrote:This wouldn't be bad idea if we could use slaves to work in our factories as cheap workforce :fg:
They eat one meal a day (lees food consumption) and increased productivity (we don't have to worry about their safety and their lives depend on their work) :twisted: To balance this it should be illegal and we should be able to do it only in hidden or pirate sectors....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 00:25

Hmm,, gives me some ideas.Hard to make credits,or some other reason to hurt another faction?.Become a pirate. Stalk> a npc passenger transport,or prison ship.Force npc piliot to bail, if it wont?it will eject workfoce, or slaves, or marines.I gobble them up :twisted: I can (1) Sell them for profit to a pirate base,or to race faction HQ base.which strengthing the oppsite client:(2) Keep them for myself, as future marine traing recruits.(3) Use them for my factory workforce.Oppertunity + instinct =profit. ferengi rules of acquisition #9, :o ,.Bye all.
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 03:43

Better still, they should allow NPCs to enslave you. Rather than dying when you ship gets destroyed, you should automatically eject and get captured. Egosoft should then gain complete access to your computer, which they can use as they see fit for the rest of time.

You are, of course, free to buy a new one.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 11:10

While unfortunately this thread is filled with unfunny jokes, OP raises a pretty solid point.

Why is that? Because unlike the times when X3 was released, now everything will be interpreted as a political agenda.

With all the BLM and other SJW subjects about slavery going on on Twitter, including slavery as a business in a game now can be risky, especially for a semi-big gaming dev like Egosoft.

Imagine you are playing X4, you happen to make a pirate eject, you decided to enslave him and that pirate happens to be a black man. I can't even imagine the shitstorm that will ensue if one of the SJ warriors stumble upon this.

That being said, Egosoft should do like what devs did in Kenshi, make it not available "officially" but make it accessible through mods.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 11:44

Well if not outright slavery, then how about bringing captured offenders to a military station for summary justice and them *perhaps* being sentenced to do indentured community service as allied ship or station crew (as a relatively attractive alternative to hard labour and incarceration)?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 12:13

In my personal opinion, I am not really bothered about trying to capture enemy "ejectees" or use them for anything. I'd be absolutely fine with just them ejecting into a pod and zooming off to the nearest station without being able to interact with them. As long as I can still capture their ship that is what matters.
Admiral of the Fleet.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 13:25

Warnoise wrote:what devs did in Kenshi, make it not available "officially" but make it accessible through mods.
They removed slavery from Kenshi?!

sorry, OT. did a double-take and had to respond. please continue the discussion.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 15:02

j.harshaw wrote:
Warnoise wrote:what devs did in Kenshi, make it not available "officially" but make it accessible through mods.
That would be news to me. Seeing that they still mention the option of slavery in the game description on Steam, fixed bugs regarding slavery in the latest patches, and even reviews telling about this option, I feel it's hard to believe that this feature isn't available anymore.
Warnoise wrote:Why is that? Because unlike the times when X3 was released, now everything will be interpreted as a political agenda.
It's a game for crying out loud.
Nikola515 wrote:To balance this it should be illegal and we should be able to do it only in hidden or pirate sectors....
If it's illegal the player should be able to do it anywhere, but has to deal with the consequences if they are caught.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 17:10

j.harshaw wrote:

sorry, OT. did a double-take and had to respond. please continue the discussion.
Slavery exist in the game, but players can not "enslave". There is a mod though that makes it possible to do so.

Return to “X4: Foundations”