EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish
Log inRegister
 
XR modding discussion split from X4 Battle Bridge thread
Post new topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Posts: 1962 on topic
Location: EGOSOFT HQ
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 29. May 18, 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You can always use mods to tailor the game towards more your liking.


_________________
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01010100 01010110 01000011 01000100 01110011 00100000 01100110 01100001 01110101 01101100 01110100 00100001

My art stuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sandalpocalypse





Joined: 02 Dec 2003
Posts: 4069 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 29. May 18, 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

lol, no matter how good a job egosoft does, there will always be a place for mods. There's *always* more you can add to sandbox games, even ignoring changeups.


_________________
Irrational factors are clearly at work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fleabum





Joined: 24 Dec 2003
Posts: 75 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 29. May 18, 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Karvat wrote:
You won't need mods if egosoft will already have made an excellent job


I disagree with this. Moddable games are like burgers, a plain burger is good, but a modded burger is better. Add mods to your liking, onions, ketchup, bacon, sauce, lettuce, croutons, horseradish, fries, Quorn burger, toasted bun, sesame bun... yumm yumm, I'm hungry now

The more mods for a game the longer the game will be played.

Regards
Flea

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sd_jasper





Joined: 25 Jan 2016
Posts: 144 on topic
Location: MD, USA
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 29. May 18, 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Fleabum wrote:
Karvat wrote:
You won't need mods if egosoft will already have made an excellent job


I disagree with this. Moddable games are like burgers, a plain burger is good, but a modded burger is better. Add mods to your liking, onions, ketchup, bacon, sauce, lettuce, croutons, horseradish, fries, Quorn burger, toasted bun, sesame bun... yumm yumm, I'm hungry now

The more mods for a game the longer the game will be played.

Regards
Flea


Agreed. As a quick read of these forums will tell, the opinions of X fans are diverse to say the least. Mods allow for fans to tweak a game more toward their liking, as it is impossible to please everyone.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skeeter





Joined: 09 Jan 2003
Posts: 2600 on topic
Location: North East of England
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 29. May 18, 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.


_________________

3570k 4.5ghz 8gb DDR3 1600mhz MSI PE 670 2GB B_1149 22"/19" mon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
thrangar



MEDALMEDAL

Joined: 06 Nov 2002
Posts: 1161 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 29. May 18, 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Skeeter wrote:
I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.



This is me also, but its because I have never figured out how to mod an X game

I didn't buy XR so how is/will the modding be applied to X4...will I need that plug in manager thing (that never worked for me) that was used for the AP TC versions?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nosscar





Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Posts: 1120 on topic
Location: UK
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 29. May 18, 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

thrangar wrote:
Skeeter wrote:
I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.



This is me also, but its because I have never figured out how to mod an X game

I didn't buy XR so how is/will the modding be applied to X4...will I need that plug in manager thing (that never worked for me) that was used for the AP TC versions?


Mods are really easy in x rebirth, just go to workshop and subscribe to them, i assume x4 will be similar.


_________________

FX 6300:Windforce GTX 1060,6gb vram:16GB RAM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrangar



MEDALMEDAL

Joined: 06 Nov 2002
Posts: 1161 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 30. May 18, 03:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nosscar wrote:
thrangar wrote:
Skeeter wrote:
I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.



This is me also, but its because I have never figured out how to mod an X game

I didn't buy XR so how is/will the modding be applied to X4...will I need that plug in manager thing (that never worked for me) that was used for the AP TC versions?


Mods are really easy in x rebirth, just go to workshop and subscribe to them, i assume x4 will be similar.


OK ! now that I know how to do Razz

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
spankahontis





Joined: 02 Nov 2010
Posts: 2093 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 30. May 18, 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Tried using Vortex for modding X:Rebirth, doesn't work.


_________________
There is no.. WaaaHH!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
[FFCW]Urizen





Joined: 09 Apr 2011
Posts: 220 on topic
Location: Munich, Germany
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 31. May 18, 01:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Most likely because Vortex is still in alpha last I checked. For the time being, you might want to use NMM.


_________________
Insanity is just another form of brilliance!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic Reply to topic
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Control Panel
Login Data
The time now is Mon, 25. Jun 18, 15:55

All times are GMT + 2 Hours

[ Disclaimer / Impressum ] | [ Privacy Policy / Datenschutz ]

Board Security

Copyright © EGOSOFT 1989-2018
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Template created by Avatar & BurnIt!
Debug: page generation = 0.07672 seconds, sql queries = 24