[X3LU] Satellites Monitoring + Claim And Tug Command

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wynarel
x3ap

[X3LU] Satellites Monitoring + Claim And Tug Command

Post by Wynarel » Wed, 23. May 18, 13:36

Hi!

I've been using Satellites Monitoring 1.8 by Joubarbe for quite a long time, but recently I found out about Claim And Tug Command by sebbi08

Now, wouldn't it be awesome if we could use the Satellites Monitoring to send someone to claim those abandoned ships remotely?
Sadly, I couldn't find any mod that allowed it (and Joubarbe said in the past that he won't add something like this to his mod).
So... that's exactly what I tried to do: to merge the two mods together.

The end result is that now the Reaper quickshuttle, when sent by the Satellites Monitoring, can also claim any abandoned ship.
(It will only do so if it has the Remote System Control Software installed.)

Claimed fighters are then flagged for tug.

Anything else is instead commanded to dock to the closest known Shipyard... that is, unless the Reaper has a homebase assigned.

If the Reaper has a homebase, and if the claimed ship can have a Jumpdrive and can hold enough Energy Cells to jump to that homebase, and if the ships docked at the Reaper can provide the missing wares (they will restock at the homebase if possible), then the claimed ship is given a jumpdrive, enough energy cells to jump, and is ordered to jump to the Reapers' homebase.

Requirements Compatibility
  • Claim And Tug Command is not really needed, but since you're installing this, then why not grab that too?
  • Mayhem is compatible but not required
Download Changelog
  • Accidentally excluded the Player HQ from possible restock locations; fixed

• Non-jumping big ships will now try to take the safest path
  • Should work in Mayhem too
  • Energy cells and Jumpdrives are now taken from ships docked in the Reaper; they'll restock at the homebase, if possible

• Initial release
Last edited by Wynarel on Thu, 24. May 18, 13:50, edited 6 times in total.

GTAVC
x4

Re: [X3LU] Satellites Monitoring + Claim And Tug Command

Post by GTAVC » Wed, 23. May 18, 18:56

Wynarel wrote:If the Reaper has a homebase, and if the claimed ship can have a Jumpdrive and can hold enough Energy Cells to jump to that homebase, and if the homebase has enough money to pay for the cost of any missing ware needed for the jump (+10% delivery fee... it does violate Litcube's rules a little, but since for some reason ships can only carry 1 copy of the Jumpdrive there's really no other simple way to do it), then the claimed ship is given a jumpdrive, enough energy cells to jump, and is ordered to jump to the Reapers' homebase.
What about limiting this feature to a TM/TL/Ship with docked fighters?
Use the fighters as storage for Jumpdrives and E-Cells. Afterwards rebuy them at the next Equipment Dock.

Can you create a version for Mayhem?
You know, VR is the perfect time to use the unimplimented dialog and audio file for Yisha that detects when the player is looking at her for a bit and says, "You're staring..." - Nodus Cursorius

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 23. May 18, 19:37

Do flagged ships use LU's "Fly Safe" command to get to the nearest shipyard, or are they suiciding themselves in the nearest Xenon sector on their way to it?

Wynarel
x3ap

Post by Wynarel » Thu, 24. May 18, 01:34

GTAVC wrote:What about limiting this feature to a TM/TL/Ship with docked fighters?
Use the fighters as storage for Jumpdrives and E-Cells. Afterwards rebuy them at the next Equipment Dock.
That's a very good idea... done!
(But they'll only restock if the reaper's homebase is a viable equipment dock that can provide the ecells and the jumpdrive)
GTAVC wrote:Can you create a version for Mayhem?
Sure!
Now it's compatible with Mayhem too.
(To restock on Jumpdrives you'll need the Ship Hangar perk, 2 Red Crystals, and 1 Yellow Crystal)
BlackArchon wrote:Do flagged ships use LU's "Fly Safe" command to get to the nearest shipyard, or are they suiciding themselves in the nearest Xenon sector on their way to it?
In the first version they ran headlong into danger.
Now that you've mentioned it though, I've toned down their bravery.

Wynarel
x3ap

Post by Wynarel » Fri, 25. May 18, 01:32

BlackArchon wrote:Thank you, I will try this in my next LU playthrough. :)
:)

aarons6
x3ap

Post by aarons6 » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 11:58

i know this post is old but the mod still works and i been using it. but i have a question..
if i use a reaper with space for freighters, can it be modified to pick them up.
right now it just marks fighters for tug and sends the freighters to a shipyard, unless you have spare jump drives.. the main issue with this is it takes the jumpdrives off the docked fighters, but it doesnt put them back on when i dock.

but if i use an elephant TL which can store 1 freighter and 8 fighters as my reaper, it would be cool if it just picked the ships up as they are claimed.

or maybe there is a script that does that?

GoldenWolf
x3ap

Post by GoldenWolf » Mon, 15. Jul 19, 02:33

Old post I know but my reaper shuttle will not claim ships and has the special command software and remote system control

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 20:18

Do you have to start a new game for this to work?
I seem only to have the old tug functionality built into litcube, and not what this script shows even though I put the files in the correct directories.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”