need help. x3ap: where to get nividium?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

johnhirix
x4

need help. x3ap: where to get nividium?

Post by johnhirix » Wed, 23. May 18, 17:38

running with the HQ plot and require 75 nividium, somehow I can't find any in the commonwealth.

I've searched scale plate green and ore belt using "scan debris" command with my m5 ship, but the report shows no nividium at all.

Is there any way to get nividium in the commonwealth? :?:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 23. May 18, 18:21

Just a couple of topics beyond yours, you find this thread about the same mission including some suggestions where to find Nividium.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 23. May 18, 22:46

The plot gives you a UFJD so you can look in the UFJD sector for randomly generated nividium sources.

johnhirix
x4

Post by johnhirix » Thu, 24. May 18, 01:43

Thanks guys, still somehow can't find any in commonwealth so I think I just have to be patient and collect it in the unknown sectors with the UFJD myself.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 24. May 18, 02:23

johnhirix wrote:Thanks guys, still somehow can't find any in commonwealth so I think I just have to be patient and collect it in the unknown sectors with the UFJD myself.
FWIW, it doesn't take a lot of patience. Take a well shielded TL with a docked M5. Use the M5 to locate a convenient NivRoid (or let you know to jump elsewhere). Then break the roid and just drive slowly back and forth through the debris with the TL. Takes very little time to collect enough for the plot, and not really all that much time to collect so much that selling the TL is the only convenient way to deal with it.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 24. May 18, 05:29

johnhirix wrote:Thanks guys, still somehow can't find any in commonwealth so I think I just have to be patient and collect it in the unknown sectors with the UFJD myself.
For the impatient ones: Kingdom End at coordinates 0,0,0

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Thu, 24. May 18, 14:38

I prefer a Kyoto for UFJD mining. Launch a Spectre Missile to shatter the asteroid and use the powerful shield generators to do the rest. It can also have multiple TS+ ships docked using CLS to store collected minerals giving it more storage space than a TL.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 24. May 18, 17:34

DrSuperEvil wrote:I prefer a Kyoto for UFJD mining. Launch a Spectre Missile to shatter the asteroid and use the powerful shield generators to do the rest. It can also have multiple TS+ ships docked using CLS to store collected minerals giving it more storage space than a TL.
Well, if you happen to have one, sure. I'm generally looking for Niv at a pretty early point so a TL is generally what I have to work with.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Thu, 24. May 18, 21:30

Depends how you play and the starting scenario chosen. If you have an aggressive play style by the time you complete the main plot you should already have good enough marines to cap a Kyoto if you cannot outright buy one.

johnhirix
x4

Post by johnhirix » Sat, 26. May 18, 18:25

Thanks for all your help, I got the nividium from the UFJD sectors finally, though I have to check all the debris one by one until i find the nividium asteroid, took quite a while.

I probably missed something, when i send my m5 to "scan debris", it only tells me how much nividium is in this sector but does not point me to that nividium asteroid's location, hence the reason i have to scan each asteroid myself after receiving the survey report. :(

Anyways, the PTNI headquarter can only take in 6 nividium in the current version it seems so i'm not getting rich by selling the rest lol.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 26. May 18, 19:04

Well since you can get the Nividium virtually free, you can load it into a ship hulk (bought cheaply in a sale or captured) and sell that at a shipyard. Above the ship hull price, you get about half to three quarters of the 'nominal' price for any loaded wares (the rate you get varies with type of ware) but it does mean that you can offload hard-to-sell stuff in bulk and still be paid for it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 26. May 18, 20:12

Some people might think this a bit exploitish, but my standard procedure for this plot involves getting the UFJD and pretty much filling an Elephant with nividium. I give NMMC what they want, then quickly do the rest of the plot. When I get the Albatross with HQ inside I swap loads with the elephant and sell the Niv-batross.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Sat, 26. May 18, 22:24

There is a big nividium asteroid in Perpetual Sin as well.

If you have the PHQ, you can also store the nividium there and set a ship to sell for best price with the range set to 99 or so, to cover the entire universe.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sun, 27. May 18, 17:17

johnhirix wrote:Thanks for all your help, I got the nividium from the UFJD sectors finally, though I have to check all the debris one by one until i find the nividium asteroid, took quite a while.

I probably missed something, when i send my m5 to "scan debris", it only tells me how much nividium is in this sector but does not point me to that nividium asteroid's location, hence the reason i have to scan each asteroid myself after receiving the survey report. :(

Anyways, the PTNI headquarter can only take in 6 nividium in the current version it seems so i'm not getting rich by selling the rest lol.
The Hub stores 38 Nividium. You can dock a filled freighter with the order "Buy at best price", and so each time someone buys, it'll be refilled.

Cu
Rainer

Simpelton

Post by Simpelton » Mon, 25. Jun 18, 15:57

Are there still 3 nividium asteroids in the Perpetual Sin sector in AP?

If so, then there's your answer. It's pretty deep in Paranid space but not that hard to find.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”