X2 -- laser bank stats?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ReggieReddog
x3

X2 -- laser bank stats?

Post by ReggieReddog » Tue, 22. May 18, 08:48

Hi,

Are there stats available for the size of the laser bank for each ship in X2? I noticed something odd when I finally was sorting out my first M4 in a new game: other Mako's in-game have a laser bank of 10000, but the one I bought has a bank of only 4000 which I believe is the same as my dang Harrier :cry:
Same with a Bayamon I capped -- 4000.
Bug?
And is there a reasonable way to edit this value in the game files.....

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 22. May 18, 13:16

The laser power depends on the weapons you have installed--if your M4 has the same guns as your M5 then it will have the same power. The main advantage the M4 has is that it can mount more powerful guns than the M5 does.

ReggieReddog
x3

Post by ReggieReddog » Tue, 22. May 18, 15:10

Wow, I can't believe I didn't know that....
I coulda sworn in X3 different ships could fire the same weapon longer depending on their laser energy bank. Either I am misremembering, or X2 is just different about that?

Thanks

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 22. May 18, 16:05

I don't believe X2 has any concept of a laser energy bank like in X3, no--pretty sure you can just keep firing at the same rate as long as you hold the trigger down. This is why some people (e.g. me!) would use the Split TP (whose name I forget) as a fairly capable personal ship, since it has three gun slots (capable of mounting Ion Disruptors and GPAC), decent shielding, and incredible speed.

ReggieReddog
x3

Post by ReggieReddog » Tue, 22. May 18, 17:26

OK, I can confirm -- laser bank does change with weapon. 4000 with GIRE, 6000 with APAC. Hmm, wonder what happens with two different lasers...
There is indeed laser bank energy though (no continuous fire).

BTW, the mouse control is atrocious in this game; but I am playing it because it runs reasonably well on my old laptop 8)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”