[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 16. May 18, 21:04

marceldev89 wrote:What I've been seeing is that the normal small traders assigned to warehouses stop buying at 20% warehouse stocklevel. Ships assigned to other stations might still be selling to warehouses but they're mostly busy with supplying the other stations for production.
the problem at Warehouse is the space, i doesn't use simple stocklevel-value, my calculation give similar results, but take a look at freespace too, so sometimes you have only a couple of units but the ships stop buying - this is because you overbook your cargospace

Stocklevel at buying (if your ware is 0/100) is 1 so my numbers are right with 0.2 - 0.0 to prevent to much buyactions

Lupis06

Post by Lupis06 » Wed, 16. May 18, 23:00

Hey MM! Just got back to Rebirth after leaving it for a while. Saw your mod and it looks awesome. What does it have in common with conquest and war? Because i’m seeing what i pick as my main overhaul mod.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 17. May 18, 08:13

CWIR was basement of this (assets, some features), but some things need to change from scratch and this is also an enhancement combination of some mods of mine too

Lupis06

Post by Lupis06 » Thu, 17. May 18, 18:59

so can we build shipyards? are the xenon and other factions aggressive and fighting? looking to build an empire and declare war, but i love the idea of no spawning.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 17. May 18, 19:23

Lupis06 wrote:so can we build shipyards? are the xenon and other factions aggressive and fighting? looking to build an empire and declare war, but i love the idea of no spawning.
Build shipyard: Yes (See the mod read me on github for how to build SY, SY being one of the stations that you cannot build directly from a CV, but have to steal or buy the blueprint).

factions aggressive and fighting:
fighting: yes,
aggressive: My previous playthrough is only 5 day old. The only thing I see in terms of war is HOA taking over the Teladi main station (in Verdant Profit). The Xenons are very strong and have run over all of Maelstrom and part of the sector that have AG's shipyard.
IMHO, faction fighting is less aggressive than in CWIR, but I could be wrong, because I only played for 5 game days.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 17. May 18, 19:55

Problem is here that we do not spawn huge fleets (like in CWIR), so the aggressive behavior is not so present

Npc build stations and protect there space

Lupis06

Post by Lupis06 » Thu, 17. May 18, 20:12

I love it. I plan on being the aggressive one, so self defense is perfect.

Lupis06

Post by Lupis06 » Thu, 17. May 18, 20:59

Question, does the mod include carriers or capitals being able to carry fighters or repair them?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 17. May 18, 21:01

My carriers mod is includet and some other mods too

Lupis06

Post by Lupis06 » Thu, 17. May 18, 21:09

where can i find all of your mods? just so i stop asking stupid questions and see what they do.

edit. never mind, found a few.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 18. May 18, 17:59

add a function that will reduce overcounted station-trader/miner again (but can take a while - the process runs only once every few ig-hours)

add a test-feature to select by talking what component the Engineer should repair - new engineer AI is required, in case to be sure remove the Engineer from the ship/station and set again

most changes of latest update was internal stuff to make the NPC-Creation more central

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Sat, 19. May 18, 13:13

i have a situation, a have salvage a rec from a xenon K send the sip to the shipyard and no guns ((

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 19. May 18, 16:00

escondido wrote:i have a situation, a have salvage a rec from a xenon K send the sip to the shipyard and no guns ((
I read somewhere that the salvage process does not restore the ship to 100%. I have to send them to the shipyard and do the upgrade.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 19. May 18, 17:35

The idea is that the ship get repaired without upgrades, all that you should get at the SY of your trust, with vanilla upgrade ship function
But at Xenon ships i‘m unsure if they have upgradable weaponoptions?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 19. May 18, 19:01

Marvin Martian wrote:The idea is that the ship get repaired without upgrades, all that you should get at the SY of your trust, with vanilla upgrade ship function
But at Xenon ships i‘m unsure if they have upgradable weaponoptions?
In my case, I have restored a K to 100%, but it is lacking 9 FFPs, and further repair would not restore them. I just sent it to the SY in District 8 to build the missing FFPs.

I would think if the K is missing some KVIs, then there is no way to restore them, unless it is possible to steal a Xenon K Shipyard blueprint. (This, currently cannot be done, because the Xenon SY has no dockable ports).

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 19. May 18, 20:25

@Marvin Martian

I am sorry, I have to bring back this problem that I have reported earlier:
Cannot complete special shield/gun missions, and I don't know if this is a XR4.3 bug or a mod bug:

In a previous run, I have both Shield missions at Dormant Bear. After giving the artifact to the mission giver, the next mission is just "Talk to <empty>". So I thought the bug from XR2.x came back (cannot complete shield/gun mission on single-port station) after being fixed in either 3.x or 4.10).

So I restart the game, this time I was careful to choose the mission giver at Lonely Giant which has 2 ports. Same problem, after giving the mission giver the Special Egg collection, the mission is now "Talk To <empty>". I have tried to talk to a mechanic at Lonely Giant, but did not get offered the mk3 Repeater.

I can't believe this bug is not caught in 4.3 testing, so there must be conflict in the codes somewhere. I hope I am wrong!!! or may be the Lonely Giant station/Dormant Bear is not the same station that the vanilla game expects? (In my game, Lonely Giant is not owned by HOA, but some neutral /generic faction with no name).

A temporary solution now is to make the level 5 engine, level 5 shield and the Mk3 Repeater available in a special station somewhere? or show me how to cheat them in in the save game).

Save games:

before talking to mission giver

after

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sun, 20. May 18, 04:57

i havent read all the posts, maybe where was always there.. but a few bugs from me:

1.if i spoke to an architekt, Capatain and so he answers ever 2 times.
2.if i want upgrade a station the CV move around the Station, the big red Box popped in and the box never diasoears.
they stay also if the construction of the new part is finished and the architekt has nothng to do.
they stay also if i call the captain from the CV to undock from this station..

is there a quick dirty code or cheat to disable the red building box?
The architekt build also if the box are there.. but it loks absolutley hoorroorrbbllee....
I dont want the space full from boxes ^^
X:Rebirth: Zitat aus den Patchnotes 118
..A Whole Series Of Connected Problems ..
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 20. May 18, 07:22

@Marvin Martian

I built a HoL Shipyard, but after completion of the first phase (the L module), the CV is still attached to the Shipyard, but it shows as if it is not. When I comm the architect, I don't see the usual extension like in previous versions, but the architect shows a list of __stations__ that can be built.

However, I was able to call the captain, order it to detach from the SY, then re-attach to the SY, but still the Architect does not allow me to build the extensions.

Save game

[EDIT] Same problem with the Energy Array I built in Gatekeeper house. (I don't see this problem with the Xenon Matrix I station)

[EDIT#2] If I fall back to the drop dated 20180516, detach the CV, then reattach it, then I don't have this problem.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 20. May 18, 09:22

Timianer wrote:i havent read all the posts, maybe where was always there.. but a few bugs from me:

2.if i want upgrade a station the CV move around the Station, the big red Box popped in and the box never diasoears.
they stay also if the construction of the new part is finished and the architekt has nothng to do.

The architekt build also if the box are there.. but it loks absolutley hoorroorrbbllee....
2) Flight to another sector or zone.
The red border means that there is space for construction, is occupied by ships or a player.

This game pieces.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sun, 20. May 18, 11:51

Timianer wrote:i havent read all the posts, maybe where was always there.. but a few bugs from me:

Sometime the red box stays because there's a freighter cue to unload/load wares or other ships in the in the build area the red box will disappear when they move away.

like the other player said moving out of zone or more than 30.km way will also speed the redbox clearing.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”