[TC] New Home Plot Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 17:31

Also, it stays with you no matter what ship you fly, and you don't manually switch it to the new ship...
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Computertech

Post by Computertech » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 09:31

ok. After a lot of digging the unfocused jumpdrive is actually hidden in the sidebar under navigation. Not listed anywhere else. thanks thommohawk i did figure it out finally.

Now i've ran into my second problem. After many jumps, finally got into freedoms reach. south of station 108k away. But when i took a m3 ship to the station, about 50+ enemies are waiting for me. But to add insult to injury, the ship that was suppose to be near the gate is now magically on the south side of the station, and auto transporting 5+ ships every few seconds beside me when i'm at the station in range to shoot the enemy attacking the base! wtf?

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 07:53

Hi,
Computertech wrote:ok. After a lot of digging the unfocused jumpdrive is actually hidden in the sidebar under navigation. Not listed anywhere else. thanks thommohawk i did figure it out finally.

Now i've ran into my second problem. After many jumps, finally got into freedoms reach. south of station 108k away. But when i took a m3 ship to the station, about 50+ enemies are waiting for me. But to add insult to injury, the ship that was suppose to be near the gate is now magically on the south side of the station, and auto transporting 5+ ships every few seconds beside me when i'm at the station in range to shoot the enemy attacking the base! wtf?
You must not "take an M3." You MUST stay in your TM. You must not launch any of the docked ships; they will be crushed immediately. Check that they are not set to "defend mothership" in advance.

It is useful to have a handful of rockets to throw at the terraformer ships. But you can as well ram some of them using your much stronger shields if you haven't rockets or lasers.

cu
Rainer

Xelenos
x3tc

Re: [TC] New Home Plot Walkthrough

Post by Xelenos » Fri, 8. May 15, 21:00

Spychotic wrote:
The UFJD usage is not normal. You're used to it taking you to a randomly generated sector before dumping you back where you started (or occasionally, in the middle of a random known sector). In this plot, it can do something else; dump you in a predetermined place. It takes between three and six jumps to get to the right place at this part of the plotline, and as I said before, it's the only way of getting to your destination without being blown to pieces.
God thank you so much cause i tryed like everything jump in the sector and then use the UFJD annd come back and been blow out, jump in with an antire amry and be blow out. i finally get it thanks bro

Your French Dude,
Xelenos

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Freedom Reach

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 9. May 15, 01:05

Perhaps I used overkill to win that part of the plot; perhaps it wasn't. I was careful what I loaded in the Chokaro, with a 2500 cargo hold. The Plot does require you to fly in your M3. You can land back at the Chok at a certain point. I launch a Sat 30 KM from the station, then get in the M3. I launch a number of Tomahawks. But don't kill all of enemy fighters, or a new set will come over. But it doesn't matter too much. I aimed my flight from the beginning to the SOUTH side of the station, because the Big Bruiser is on the north side. You come up even with the station before you make your run to the station. That way the station is between you and the Bruiser. I carry 300 or 400 Fighter Drones. I drop 100 at a time to tie up the fighters. When I'm close I drop 3 Lasertowers. When I leave I drop 4 more LTs and the rest of my FDs. I usually have time to jump out. Save at every crucial point.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 23. Apr 18, 20:24

Of all the plotlines in TC THIS is the one I'd wished I'd read the END of before I'd started. I'd suggest toplayers that they do BEFORE they go through it and come to the end and find out what the "Pay Off" is.
When told I saved the game, and shot up the station to take out my frustations at being had. Might as well shovel nearly 400 million credits into a hole and kiss them goodbye. I reloaded pre-plot and went about my business a happier player. What's offered just isn't woth it.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 23. Apr 18, 22:14

Sorry it made you this angry, could you describe what you didnt like or was that just a random rant?

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: Not the worst necro by a long shot...

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 23. Apr 18, 23:16

Ketaar wrote:
Sorry it made you this angry, could you describe what you didnt like or was that just a random rant?
I'm not in the habit (generally) of random rants and the reason? Obvious. That many credit for a patch of empty space? Pal I don't know about you but to me that's the zonker of all zonkers. Okay think of it in overall terms as if this was a board game. You landd on the square and draw a card that says you loose X hundred million credit and get your own patch of NOTHING. Oh well, there's as P.T. Barnum said, "A sucker born every minute". Even if what asteroids there were all 70+ yield it's as they say, "Nowhere baby!" I saved, waited until my money supply got there and went though it and then reloaded. Guess some might like their own sector if YOU could put your name on it, but I'm not Donald J. Trump. :wink:
MIND THE GAP

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 23. Apr 18, 23:30

Well sad to hear it, there was some effort done to make 5 version of very nice and rather unique sectors that players can chose from, based on the name. Dismissing owing your own sector is well a thing anyone can do, just like people that own a Bugatti Veyron can dismiss it to be just a car.

Still I'd argue that the story it self is the true reward and the own sector is just a nice bragging rights thing to have. But to each their own I guess.

MFG

Ketraar

modernrocko
x3tc

Post by modernrocko » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 00:14

I haven't started on this plot yet but I thought I would chime in that I for one am excited to have my own sector, even if it's completely empty. I'm one of those players that has a hard time deciding on which sector they should "take over" and call their own, and having the ability to get your own sector as a plot reward is actually something that interests me because of that (depending on the location of course, but jump drives and energy cells are cheap so even that could be a non-issue!).

Similarly I usually like the idea of putting my stations in an Unknown or Pirate sector mostly because that means if I decide to attack one of the Commonwealth races in that sector I won't lose as much rep as if I'd done it elsewhere. The problem with this is that you often have to end up keeping the Pirates/Yaki on your good side or you'll face *those* consequences sometime when you're OOS and you don't have a chance to respond to the "One of your ships is under attack" warning before it's too late. In Reunion that happened to me more times than I care to mention because I always kept my stations in "sketchy" sectors like that.

So if completing this plot (and paying 400 million) means I get my own sector where I don't have to deal with Pirates, Yaki, Xenon, or Commonwealth police forces, I'm all in. 400 million credits is certainly a good chunk of change, but when you get in really late stages of the game and you have 10+ universe traders (and way more system traders) operating safely and efficiently, you start to wish for expensive things to spend your money on. That's actually one of the main reasons I lost interest in X3:R years ago--I felt like I already owned the most expensive stations and ships and couldn't find anything worthwhile to spend my credits on.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 00:59

:lol: I have sector I want to to sell you...

Just sign here______________ :D. Trust me.
MIND THE GAP

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 14:53

i found that having my own sector was a great reward and i made full use of the astteroids to rake in the credits afterwards

And the one I liked best was the one with the ringed planet in the background

AP has a similar reward,iirc

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 15:09

Yes AP has a Sector owning plot too, called Breaking Grounds, it starts after the Corporations Troubles Plot has been completed. It does not have multiple layouts to choose from though, you can just choose the name for it from a list.

MFG

Ketraar

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 21:25

The sector currently known as Avarice used to be privately owned Unknown sector. It did change hands before inflation, in the reunion era, for about one billion credits. No Asteroids, no name, and one Trading Station included.

Totally worth it. When I buy void, I want clean, empty void with no stinky 'roids. :goner:
Who knows what spawns in rocks? Kha'ak? Markus Spaceflies? No thank you.

Terran Conflict made the credits cheap. 400 mil for "nothing" was practically nothing. Price is insignificant.

Despite the rocks, the Prelude's version has best perks: location and a name that is quick to type when ships have to jump there ASAP. (Not to there, but away form elsewhere.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 25. Apr 18, 22:00

Hank001 wrote::lol: I have sector I want to to sell you...

Just sign here______________ :D. Trust me.
Sorry you didn't like the plot/reward. Egosoft added that plot in after multitudes of requests for a player-owned sector. It's unique because it has the player's name as the owner. I found it very cool and saved my PHQ until I could place it there. :D

And at that stage of the game, most players might have billions of credits to spend and a measily 400 mil. isn't that big of a deal. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”