[X3LU] Anarkis Defense System - Joubarbian Edition (1.05)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Mon, 23. Apr 18, 22:53

Apologies for the noob question, I've started playing LU and finding it difficult to fully understand MLCC even after reading the wiki page - wondered if anyone who have used both MLCC and ADS just clarify the difference.

fiby

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 23. Apr 18, 23:26

MLCC is Canadian.
ADS is French.

That's all there is to say.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 01:31

Never looked into ADS but MLCC seemed pretty logical to me. Check out this video, I'm trying to explain how MLCC works there, if you still have questions about MLCC ask on the Litcube's Universe thread.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 05:27

ADS is mainly for carrier management, MLCC is more versatile and can perform more complex orders. If you don't rely heavily on carriers, you'll find in ADS a basic sector monitoring tool (the Defense Grid). I like it, but most players prefer the robust systems of MLCC.

Note that ADS cannot manage ships that are already managed by MLCC. But both scripts are compatible, so you can try them; it won't ruin your game to have ADS even if you don't use it.

Zaknafein
xr

Post by Zaknafein » Tue, 22. May 18, 23:03

Does the automatic-rename function only work on automated carriers? It's one of the best features imo because it creates immersion.

Am I doing sth wrong since i cant get it to work on my playership (in combination with the hotkeys)?

Also thx for the LU port :)
Ofc ***modified***, modders doing what Egosoft cant.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. May 18, 06:58

Yeah, not on playership.

Darkternal
x4

Re: [X3LU] Anarkis Defense System - Joubarbian Edition (1.05)

Post by Darkternal » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 18:46

Hello, dropbox link is invalid.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 19:23

I switched to Drive a while ago. Added the link to there.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 09:08

Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 24. Apr 18, 05:27
ADS is mainly for carrier management, MLCC is more versatile and can perform more complex orders. If you don't rely heavily on carriers, you'll find in ADS a basic sector monitoring tool (the Defense Grid). I like it, but most players prefer the robust systems of MLCC.

Note that ADS cannot manage ships that are already managed by MLCC. But both scripts are compatible, so you can try them; it won't ruin your game to have ADS even if you don't use it.
BTW. I don't use carriers, but for me ADS is still actual. I use it as alternative to OWPs, which have some bugs:
1. They stop attack enemies OOS with unknown reason, though "attack all" command is still active (it's not OWP bug, noticed it with other ships, same with "guard position" command). They are blinking as being attacked, but don't damage anyone. I suppose they are trying to attack smb out of range maybe.
2. Equiping OWP with template outfit command doesn't equip shields - just put it in inventory. U need manually transfer it to equip.

I use ads with m6 swarm. It works very well, but there is lack of smth like ADS Dock, in which ships will assign to ads automaticaly, because adding a lage number of ships with ads menu takes much time. And there is no autorenaming for non-carrier ships.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 02:45

Any Plans to update this for Zero Hour ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”