Anime/Manga Review

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 31. May 17, 17:09

So I have just finished watching Prison School, it's on Crunchyroll but you will probably need a VPN to watch it there, also it will be heavily censored as this one pretty much verges on being a Hentai.

It's all about an all girls school becoming coed and the first 5 boys to go there are caught trying to spy on the girls in the girls changing room, and for a punishment they are sent to the schools prison.

While there is no sex per se, there is a lot of sexual content. one of the main story lines concerns golden showers, you know the thing that supposedly Trump enjoys.

There is a lot of S&M and female domination, with whipping and spankings. While there is more than a few nip slips.

So if you are still reading this, for a warning you really should not watch this one at work, mind you you shouldn't be watching anime at work anyway. Also don't watch it in front of the kids, not unless you want some awkward and really hard to answer question thrown at you, but then again you shouldn't be allowing your kids to watch this kind of anime in the first place.

If you are an adult though it is good fun, with more than a few laughs thrown in to enjoy. Just remember it's better to watch the uncensored version if you can get it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 23:23

Got another one for you all, once again something different rather than an American or Japanese Manga, how about a Chinese Manga. Only watched the first Episode so far, but it seems to be okay. So it's called Quan Zhi Gao Shou or in English, The Kings Avatar, and you can watch it on YouTube from an old adversary of mines, had dealings with them before, didn't work out too good for me. There are other better versions of it out there, but the TencentVideo 腾讯视频 YouTube version is legal, or at least should be, has a few adverts for Chinese stuff. By the way it's just the first ten videos, I take it they will release more as they are publicly released, as I know there are 11 videos out there right now.

Or if you would prefer to read the story in English rather that watching the video's, just head over to gravitytales as it seems they have translated the story into English.

For a better review than I can do on the show, head over to here. Need to ask how he did it without getting the video deleted, mind you he does hint that, that has happened before.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 23:19

*blowing the dust off the topic*

i wonder why no one has done this in the last three weeks? an amazing Season has begun because we finally can see the contuniation of Full Metal Panic :) and so far its really promising :)

In Addition i also recommend Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu / Legend of Galactic Heroes - Die Neue These
I have watched the original 110-Episode Series and this Remake is so far very promising - so i can clearly recommend it for everyone who finds the old one not s visually pleasing. ..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 23. Apr 18, 06:37

When I was younger (talking about 10 years younger) I pride myself as someone who watch pretty much any series that comes out.

These days though, I filtered out most things with one of these tags:

- Harem: because they're usually inconclusive.
- Love Polygon: usually because the protag is an idiot, and more often than not everyone involved are idiots.
- Tragedy: when it's done like Basilisk or Fate I like, but usually it's just tragedy because the writer don't know a better way to make an impact at the end.

Also while I enjoyed shows like Harusi or K-on back when they were out, I don't find myself like watching stuffs like that any more.

With these filter in place I find my supply of available shows has been cut down drastically, in fact filter out the Harem tag alone seem to cut the # of tittle down by 50% almost. I think the last 3 shows I enjoyed are:

- Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
- Gate Jieitai Kanochi nite Kaku Tatakaeri
- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

About the new FullmetalPanic. I'll watch it once the full season is out, that has always been my way of watching anime. Tried to watch as they come out before and don't like the experience. Gotta say though, I hope they do it like the first one or Fumoffu, FMP2 was a train wreck for me.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 23. Apr 18, 11:40

UniTrader wrote:*blowing the dust off the topic*

i wonder why no one has done this in the last three weeks? an amazing Season has begun because we finally can see the contuniation of Full Metal Panic :) and so far its really promising :)

In Addition i also recommend Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu / Legend of Galactic Heroes - Die Neue These
I have watched the original 110-Episode Series and this Remake is so far very promising - so i can clearly recommend it for everyone who finds the old one not s visually pleasing. ..
Not sure if I am ready for Legend of the Galactic Heroes yet. Don't really have the time to watch such a long series.

Full Metal Panic ist still on the list but I haven't seen it yet.

But I would like a moment about the show I am currently watching. Made in Abyss. It is insanely good. A true adventure set in a world full of wonder and danger. It has been a long time since I have been so interested in getting to see more of a new world and it really brought back memories to the old Indiana Jones movies with it's sense of exploring the unknown.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 5. Aug 18, 21:36

Attack on Titan Season 3 is underway, first three Episodes out for Crunchyroll subscribers, or first two episodes for free watchers.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 9. Aug 18, 16:12

I tried to find out what's hot coming out of Japan the other day and and WTF? Most of the sites were now blocked on their end on my browsers!

I think Japan is getting touchy about copyright or something.

Any sites there that are still up that you'd recommend?
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 9. Aug 18, 16:33

Crunchyroll works fine here in the UK, must just be America, maybe Trump has put a tariff on the anime coming out of Japan. :twisted:
The only real problem with Crunchyroll, is that they are still using a flash player.

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Thu, 9. Aug 18, 16:45

Crunchyrolls player is awful.

I don't watch much anime, mostly just RWBY (11/10, outstanding) but I've been watching a few more recently. YuruYuri and Konosuba. Konosuba is really fun so far but gods I do understand why Japan has a sexual harassment problem when the show has no issues showing the main character having an ability that steals girls underwear with no consequences. Including when one of the girls (Megumin) seems to be about 13, is very much treated as underage by the rest of the cast anyway (banning her from drinking for example).

Not saying anime is the cause of the problem, but when anime is very relaxed about showing how poorly it's main characters treat women it's a demonstration of how their culture acts towards them in general.

It's frustrating because Konosuba is otherwise really fun. I love Aqua's useless fun, Megumin's epic outfit and sheer joy at destroying everything in sight every day. Darkness....yeah. Not a fan. I don't mind the trope of the masochist, but she has no other defining characteristics (7 episodes in) so far so very boring right now. Hate the main char, don't recall the name. If the show didn't trot him out to enact fanservice at the expense of every nearby girl every few episodes might warm to him more. The plotlines and the overall story is silly and fun.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 9. Aug 18, 16:45

felter says:
Crunchyroll works fine here in the UK, must just be America.
Set there for five minutes and then 404.
However that's been happening a lot lately with sites in S. Korea too so the problem might be the satellites are getting overtaxed again.
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 02:43

Hank001 wrote:felter says:
Crunchyroll works fine here in the UK, must just be America.
Set there for five minutes and then 404.
However that's been happening a lot lately with sites in S. Korea too so the problem might be the satellites are getting overtaxed again.
Maybe it's your ISP's throttling your internet connection as they look for more cash to stream content, after all your great government did relax those rules.

Another good one to watch and it is free to watch on crunchyroll (sorry Hank) is Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs it is aimed more for the adult market but it is pretty much censored. It is also only four episodes into a 12 episode run, the fifth episode is out Tomorrow or maybe that should be later on today.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 02:53

felter guessed close nd got me thinking:
Maybe it's your ISP's throttling your internet connection
Pulled up that link on Armorfly and BANG came right up.
Wasn't my ISP (on mobile it's verison) it was Chorme.
Tried link again on Chome, zip. Back to Armorfly Ep 1-2-3-4 and a look at episode 1 went fine.

Thanks for the hint!

:lol:

Edit: FYI forum on VRV suggested Puffin broswer. Downloaded it from playstore just to see. WOW! Guess a browser with a built in flashplayer is a whole lot better than a flashplayer plugin!
So smartphone users GRAB PUFFIN! Hank001 gives it a :thumb_up:
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 11. Aug 18, 03:06

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Full dubbed movie on youtube.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 17:11

felter wrote:Crunchyroll works fine here in the UK, must just be America, maybe Trump has put a tariff on the anime coming out of Japan. :twisted:
The only real problem with Crunchyroll, is that they are still using a flash player.
We watch on a Roku 3 box - It has apps for both Cruncyroll and Funimation. The Funimation/ didn't work for a bit but seems to work now.
A flower?

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 21:26

RWBY Volume 6 ADAM Short - Spoilers for RWBY up to the end of Volume 5!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb4Sh032Z1I

It's amazing. Just...oh my. So much hype.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 15:51

Not your traditional anime, but a beautiful message:

"Sadako and the thousand paper cranes":

https://youtu.be/nxFP9ojpSDE
MIND THE GAP

GageDragon
x4

Post by GageDragon » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 01:20

Someone have a I dunno a combined list of all the stuff mentioned in the thread for us lazy/drunk people that can't read through it all? Lol

Having not read through the thread then I will just say.

Space Battleship Yamato the live action movie was actually decent.

Cowboy Bebop, sci-fi genre. most recommend as a starter anime. As such most here probably already know of it.

Psycho Pass I gave up after a few episodes it was just boring to me .

Kill la Kill I didn't even make it through 2 episodes it was just stupid, again to me..

Ok I really shouldnt even get started I have a list here of like 70 anime lmao

Do have to say if you want something chill and cutesy then watch Non Non Biyori.

If you want something bat sh*t crazy insane then watch Nichijou. Seriously that is the best way to describe it and exactly how I did to my brother who agreed after watching it.

But to end this before I really get going I'll say watch Ghost Hunt. Period. Just do it.

edit: again have not read through thread but for those looking for links to things. https://www.reddit.com/r/Animesuggest/
https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/winter this one is saved at winter 2017 because that's pretty much where i left off lol

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 3. Sep 18, 23:22

Antilogic wrote: I don't watch much anime, mostly just RWBY (11/10, outstanding)
Thanks for that btw - when I saw it in my "you may like..." list on Amazon Prime (free for prime members), I ignored it at first. Indeed, when I started watching it I was also sceptical... but stuck with it (think it was the animation style that threw me at first).

However, I was quickly addicted - and just finished Volume 3; absolutely loving it. So cheers :thumb_up:

felter
xr

Re: Anime/Manga Review

Post by felter » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 04:58

Just finished watching How Not to Summon a Demon Lord. If you have a premium Funimation account, you can watch it there in English. It's pretty funny so worth a watch.

OH and EH it's not suitable for the kids, it's adults only, okay.

Antilogic
x3tc

Re: Anime/Manga Review

Post by Antilogic » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 00:50

RWBY V6 Trailer tomorrow - short clip. https://twitter.com/RoosterTeeth/status ... 9434867713

*SPOILERS FOR V5 IN CLIP*

Hype stations manned and ready.

Though I feel like they needed a costume update to cope with snow.

Return to “Off Topic English”