The map in X4 Foundation

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kazansky22
x3tc

The map in X4 Foundation

Post by Kazansky22 » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 22:33

OMG Thank the heavens and the lord!!!!
The map looks amazing, and the ability to teleport to whatever ship I own that I want is a godsend, I'll finally be able to manage my empire/fleets in the mid/late game without putting my hair out!!!

I ask that you please let me assign an "explore" mission to the AI controlling one or more of my ships and select a route or sector ect... for them to explore. Also if I could set rules for trading ships as to establish border which they will not cross or routes they will not take. So I can set a global order on areas they will not enter "to keep them safe"

Everything is looking great at the moment, does anybody know when X4 Foundation is coming out?

csaba
x4

Re: The map in X4 Foundation

Post by csaba » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 10:07

Kazansky22 wrote:OMG Thank the heavens and the lord!!!!
The map looks amazing, and the ability to teleport to whatever ship I own that I want is a godsend, I'll finally be able to manage my empire/fleets in the mid/late game without putting my hair out!!!

I ask that you please let me assign an "explore" mission to the AI controlling one or more of my ships and select a route or sector ect... for them to explore. Also if I could set rules for trading ships as to establish border which they will not cross or routes they will not take. So I can set a global order on areas they will not enter "to keep them safe"

Everything is looking great at the moment, does anybody know when X4 Foundation is coming out?
Why would you want AI to explore? By the looks of it they can but I'd want to do it myself. Well what is one man's meat is another man's poison. ˘˘\_(˙_˙)_/˘˘

Yes blacklisted sections have to be a must! As in X3, or was it the logistics mod?

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 23:25

An auto-explore feature would be crucial if they want to bring back the X3 players that feel scorned by X:Rebirth. There's nothing they like more than letting the game play itself.

Xipher
x4

Post by Xipher » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 00:37

Well...with this hexagon map, it should be possible to select certain hexagons or whole sectors where AI controlled ships are not allowed to fly into

Lets hope...

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 10:14

Stupid question i guess, but where can i find the map?

Senar
x4

Post by Senar » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 10:45

In all streams there were showcases of map

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Thu, 28. Dec 17, 11:47

is the map be (again) in 2D or is the universe map in 3D ??
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 28. Dec 17, 22:28

since Rebirths Map is technically 3D*, i think its the same in X4

* not noticeable, because the Y axis is always 0
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 29. Dec 17, 03:25

Not always, zones often have different y values.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 29. Dec 17, 14:55

iforgotmysocks wrote:Not always, zones often have different y values.
somehow thought this was about the galaxy map only... ofc all lower map level make slight use of the Y axis.. except maybe the DLC clusters/sectors...
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

LightZodiac

Post by LightZodiac » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 16:56

Clownmug wrote:Why would you want AI to explore? By the looks of it they can but I'd want to do it myself. Well what is one man's meat is another man's poison.
You just answered your own question. Some players enjoy exploration, I know I myself do, other find it a chore. So the best solution is to have exploring, and have option for players who do not like exploring to have their AI ship explore for them.

Same can be said for trading, some players may enjoy making trading runs, other have the option of using AI ships to do the trading for them.

Some players like fighting, others have the option to have AI ships fight for them :)

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 17:14

Simply give the chance to those who don't like to explore to do it automatically, all those who like it will be able to do it anyway
I agree however, the map looks spectacular

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 18:45

where is it?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

don911058
x4

Post by don911058 » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 08:06

I love the personal exploration the first couple of playthroughs, but subsequent games would make it really tedious. Unless the map has some form of randomly generated sectors, you pretty much seen what sectors can offer. I would definitely want AI exploration as a way to expand your view of the Galaxy (so much I used the Galaxy Explorer in my modded games).

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 12:48

don911058 wrote:I love the personal exploration the first couple of playthroughs, but subsequent games would make it really tedious.
Exactly! "Exploring" the same map for the 10th time has nothing to do with exploration and discovery. It's just a chore to be able to command your ships there. Also, in a universe with spaceships and travel networks you'd expect there would be map data that you can aquire from somewhere other than personal exploration?! The owners of (legitimate) stations and factories have an interest in you visiting them... why would they not tell you where to find them and how to get to them?

Lets be frank - the whole "discover the universe" aspect is purely to give the player satisfaction of achieving something by finding stuff. The rest of the universe all know what is where, without having travelled every route themself. And when the player has discovered the universe in past savegames, he already knows what is where, he just isn't allowed to use it until he visited every place once more.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

spankahontis
x4

Re: The map in X4 Foundation

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 17:26

csaba wrote:
Kazansky22 wrote:OMG Thank the heavens and the lord!!!!

Why would you want AI to explore? By the looks of it they can but I'd want to do it myself. Well what is one man's meat is another man's poison. ˘˘\_(˙_˙)_/˘˘

Yes blacklisted sections have to be a must! As in X3, or was it the logistics mod?

Yes, that was a Mod.
But still, Egosoft implemented chunks of the Bonus pack from X3 to Rebirth.
Blacklisting should be added to keep ships out of Xenon sections.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X4: Foundations”