[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 06:21

Not sure if I am missing something super obvious, but with the latest Mayhem version installed (2.3.7) and no other mods, I am having some difficulty getting MLCC to work with my mini carriers. The carriers are homebased to the MLCC dock, and the fighters on each of the carriers is homebased to its carrier. All the carriers and associated fighers were automatically renamed "Security ...." for the TMs or "Wing Sec ...." for the fighters. When I activated the MLCC main menu, under configuration, I was able to add the M6 ships that were homebased to the dock and give them assignments. However, I did not have the option to assign my TMs.

Without the MLCC option, it is a big pain going through each TM and launching the fighters individually.

Here is the link to the save file

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=94AA3FA1 ... ot&o=OneUp

I don't seem to remember having this problem with previous games using an earlier version of Mayhem, I was able to assign my TMs just fine. Has something changed regarding the MLCC which has hosed carriers?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 08:31

TMs are not supported by MLCC. I've had modified this in the past, but now Mayhem doesn't modify MLCC anymore.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:34

Just want to make sure I can still get it to work with M1 carriers. If not, I was going to shelve Mayhem and not put any more time into it. I remember last year I had an advanced Mayhem playthrough where I was able to use TMs just fine with MLCC, were they removed intentionally? Or was it an uninteded casualty of progress on other areas of the mod?

In any case, I've really liked the other improvements made to the mod. The dock agent changes, for example are fantastic, they offer such greater flexibility to manage my logistics both within and between sanctuaries, and without the need to change things around so much in case a freighter dies, like what would happen with couriers.

I guess that makes my goal of getting a true full sized carrier all the more urgent!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 17:37

Falcrack wrote:Just want to make sure I can still get it to work with M1 carriers. If not, I was going to shelve Mayhem and not put any more time into it. I remember last year I had an advanced Mayhem playthrough where I was able to use TMs just fine with MLCC, were they removed intentionally? Or was it an uninteded casualty of progress on other areas of the mod?

In any case, I've really liked the other improvements made to the mod. The dock agent changes, for example are fantastic, they offer such greater flexibility to manage my logistics both within and between sanctuaries, and without the need to change things around so much in case a freighter dies, like what would happen with couriers.

I guess that makes my goal of getting a true full sized carrier all the more urgent!
You have DarkEternal to blame :-) He complained about MLCC in 2.3.6 does not repair ships, (from a change I requested that MLCC ships should respond on call when their hull are at or above 90%), and caused the Panda to revert all the changes he made to MLCC in 2.3.7!

:-)

Anyway, there are 3 files that are changed between 2.3.6 and 2.3.7 w.r.t. MLCC: just copy them from 2.3.6 to restore the behavior.

They are:
Lib.Cmd.MLCC.CC.Retreat.xml
Lib.X.MLCC.GetProperty.xml
Menu.MLCC.Config.SM.xml

Disclaimer: I have not tested this change, so use them at your own risk!!!!!!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 18:27

VincentTH wrote:
Falcrack wrote:Just want to make sure I can still get it to work with M1 carriers. If not, I was going to shelve Mayhem and not put any more time into it. I remember last year I had an advanced Mayhem playthrough where I was able to use TMs just fine with MLCC, were they removed intentionally? Or was it an uninteded casualty of progress on other areas of the mod?

You have DarkEternal to blame :-) He complained about MLCC in 2.3.6 does not repair ships, (from a change I requested that MLCC ships should respond on call when their hull are at or above 90%), and caused the Panda to revert all the changes he made to MLCC in 2.3.7!

Anyway, there are 3 files that are changed between 2.3.6 and 2.3.7 w.r.t. MLCC: just copy them from 2.3.6 to restore the behavior.

They are:
Menu.MLCC.Config.SM.xml

Threw away all the changes eh? I would rather have lived with the previous version, than to have all the changes be removed.

But, this is the Panda's mod, he can do as he pleases!

I don't have a copy of 2.3.6, anyone know where I can find a copy to be able to get these files? I would prefer having the old Mayhem MLCC functionality back, even if it means there are some issues with autorepairing (which I don't really care about anyways, it is easy enough just to manually repair).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 18:50

Having one mod changing everything you want is a bad idea. It's so easy and more flexible to have a submod that modifies MLCC. It would take 10 minutes to make, but no one does it. Besides, it would benefit the LU-vanilla community as well.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 18:55

Joubarbe wrote:Having one mod changing everything you want is a bad idea. It's so easy and more flexible to have a submod that modifies MLCC. It would take 10 minutes to make, but no one does it. Besides, it would benefit the LU-vanilla community as well.
I unfortunately lack the skills to undertake such a trivial, simple task.

V-virus
x4

Post by V-virus » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 20:07

warning!!! google translate!!!

1) Sanctuary sometimes does not produce products when production is completed lasers/ships/shields just not appear in the storage.

2)Еhreat level has fallen from 5 to 1

hqz
x3ap

Post by hqz » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 21:36

Is there a way to have the Dock Agent automatically sell all the wares that are above my max threshold? (like it is the case with vanilla LU)

So far it seems like they only sell something if I have an explicit job for it, even if I put the min and max thresholds at 0.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 21:40

hqz wrote:Is there a way to have the Dock Agent automatically sell all the wares that are above my max threshold? (like it is the case with vanilla LU)

So far it seems like they only sell something if I have an explicit job for it, even if I put the min and max thresholds at 0.
Yes, you need an explicit job for each ware, as far as I am aware (No, I am not a ware).

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 21:47

Falcrack wrote:
VincentTH wrote:

They are:
Menu.MLCC.Config.SM.xml

Threw away all the changes eh? I would rather have lived with the previous version, than to have all the changes be removed.

But, this is the Panda's mod, he can do as he pleases!

I don't have a copy of 2.3.6, anyone know where I can find a copy to be able to get these files? I would prefer having the old Mayhem MLCC functionality back, even if it means there are some issues with autorepairing (which I don't really care about anyways, it is easy enough just to manually repair).
I will zip the 3 files and put it in my Google drive for anyone interested in it.

[EDIT]
Here it is, zip format No guaranty it will work nor does it not screw up your install :-)

Hope this helps

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 22:27

It will work fine.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 01:26

Joubarbe wrote:It will work fine.
Yay, it does! I saved the original version of these files in a new folder in case anything gets really screwed up, but so far so good.

My glorious 5 Boas (they seem to bail a lot), 1 Pleco, 1 Pelican, 1 Chokaro, and 1 Magnetar are now part of my dreaded MLCC fleet, along with their motley crew of assorted bailed fighters!

Speaking of which, do certain ships have a higher bail frequency than others? I swear I find almost nothing but Falcons and Keas. Are the Teladi just cowardly that way and willingly to bail in the middle of a tough fight?

Bunch of Ls and LXs too.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 12:08

Is it possible to make a faction stronger? Maybe it's still a bit too early in my game, but the xenons have been decimated and the yakis don't really do anything. Only the pirates seem to hold on to their territories. I assume it's a setting somewhere in an obscure xml file?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 18:59

Conquer sectors for them (for Commonwealth factions).

Every game is different, and I saw some players here reporting that Xenons were too powerful in their game.

piequalsyummy
xr

Post by piequalsyummy » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 09:36

Joubarbe wrote:Every game is different
I can attest to that. I've played numerous games while testing various scenarios and modding the game.

Sometimes the pirates go on a rampage and conquer a bunch of sectors and sometimes its the xenon. I've even seen the yaki conquer the entire southern section of boron and split space.

The games where that stuff happens usually turn out far more interesting than when not. The races behave much differently when they have lost a bunch of sectors to hostiles. I actually prefer the unpredictability of those games.

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 20. Mar 18, 09:48

There seems to be a problem with the Baldric Super Freighter dying by Ore or Silicon Mine.

They get stuck somewhere and die.

I've lost 6 in just a few hours already to both Silicon and Ore mines.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 20. Mar 18, 18:30

It's a known vanilla issue.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do. Note that collisions only occurred when in active sector. So 1/ avoid being where they are 2/ put other smaller ships (normal TS) to this task.

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Thu, 22. Mar 18, 22:56

Joubarbe wrote:It's a known vanilla issue.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do. Note that collisions only occurred when in active sector. So 1/ avoid being where they are 2/ put other smaller ships (normal TS) to this task.
Would it be possible to automatically attach a complex hub to mines when they're constructed? If there was a hub away from the asteroid a little bit there would be less chance that TS's would ram themselves to death.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 23. Mar 18, 11:26

Hmm... Maybe. Good idea. I'll have to look into that. Someday.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”