X3TC Saving Failed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

orecki
x3tc

X3TC Saving Failed

Post by orecki » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 17:14

Hello. After the last update of the game, I saved the saved game states. "Saving Failed" pops up. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, it did not do anything. Even though I started a new game, I wanted to check if the state of the game was saved immediately after the screening. Continue with the same "Saving Failed" message. There is no way to continue playing. Defeat. Please, help the creators of this strange update that fuc... up my game.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 17:19

Hi. It's perhaps worth checking that your anti-virus is not interfering. There was a similar case mentioned here.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 20:44

Although this one is for X3AP, the same principles apply so see if anything in here sounds familiar regarding your issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 00:29

@OP

I posted how I resolved my issue in the thread quoted above:

All you have to do is to instruct Windows Defender (or any AV that you use) to allow X3AP.exe (full path, whereever it is) to write to the disk drive that have your Save game files.

What puzzles me is this was not a problem prior to the upgrade to AP 3.3.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 18:17

Seeing that the OP plays X3TC, he will have to tell his AV software to allow the X3TC.exe though. ;)
VincentTH wrote:What puzzles me is this was not a problem prior to the upgrade to AP 3.3.
The update 3.3 for X3AP and 3.4 for X3TC made changes to the .exe files of both games. As antivirus softwares are rather sceptical of .exe files in general, they may have simply not noticed (or have no means to check) that the .exe changes were part of an official update. Thus they treat the .exe files and the associated programs as unkown software with greater caution.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”