[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 20:51

Then switch to 2.3.7.

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 21:45

Joubarbe wrote:Freeze confirmed. I'll look into it.

Did you try exporting/importing a previous savegame?
No, I finally just went back an hour or so before I had deconstructed the teladianium foundry.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 21:50

And it works?

What do you mean by "deconstructed" your factory?

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 22:47

Joubarbe wrote:And it works?

What do you mean by "deconstructed" your factory?
I went into the control area for the factory and disassembled it or whatever the term is where you remove it so you can build a different one.

AirWind

Post by AirWind » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 22:50

Joubarbe wrote:Then switch to 2.3.7.
the problem appeared on 2.3.7.

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 10:23

Few quick questions

1. Does the size of the asteroid matter when building an Ore or Silicon mine?
2. Can you lose threat without losing a sector?
3. What actually makes you gain threat? I'm now a threat 4 and have only 2 sectors.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 12:02

worsin wrote:Few quick questions

3. What actually makes you gain threat? I'm now a threat 4 and have only 2 sectors.
1: The yield levels matter, just as always.
2: Nope
3: You gain 1 point for each sector you take, and for every 24 hours of play.
Also for refunding a trait I think.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 20:52

Sirrobert wrote:
worsin wrote:Few quick questions

1: The yield levels matter, just as always.
2: Nope
3: You gain 1 point for each sector you take, and for every 24 hours of play.
Also for refunding a trait I think.
Ahh ty very much!

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Fri, 9. Mar 18, 09:46

I got sick of the pressure of the OCV and wanted a more relaxed game so I am trying the Vagrant setting.

This is NOT easier than the default EASY mode selection.

1. You start with nothing
2. All factions will attack on sight
3. You drop down a station and get almost immediately attacked by A LOT of ships wiping out the station. You need to build up a decent defense before you can claim anything.
4. The starter ship sucks
5. The starter TS that spawns without a pilot gets either gets taken and is unclaimable before you can get it or you get blown out of the sky because you have 0 shields and its slow as molasses making it useless.

All of these factors actually make this mode harder in my opinion. Just thought ide give some feedback from a pretty new player. I had a much easier time with the default game than this one regardless of the OCV.

I would encourage you to just make this mode the same as the default starting but without the OCV. In its current state its more difficult.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 9. Mar 18, 15:01

worsin wrote:I would encourage you to just make this mode the same as the default starting but without the OCV. In its current state its more difficult.
You can do that right now. Edit

9972-L044.xml

in your addon t folder and crank up the OCV min/max timers

lostProfitssssArrgh

X-Treme start

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Fri, 9. Mar 18, 20:00

Hi all,

Here's an 'X-Treme' game start, for those looking for a change of pace.

Short description: You're permanently at war with everyone.

The starting point is similar to the OCVHunter start, except that OCV waves are the standard interval apart and you're given the means to set up your first Sanctuary along with enough to cover basic station construction.

Disclaimer: You'll need to replace some of the Mayhem original files to add this game start, so make sure to back them up before replacing them. The provided files are for version 2.37 of Mayhem only.

Permissions: Anyone can do whatever they want with these files as long as proper credit is given where due.

--> FILE <--

Good luck,
-LPA

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 14:58

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to figure out what determines whether my sanctuary will be producing E-cells. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I don't have the e-cell perk selected. When it does produce e-cells, it seems directly proportional to the amount of population in the sanctuary (like 4 e-cells per person).

What do I need to do to make sure they keep producing e-cells? Or is it just a cyclical thing, produce e-cells for a while, then stop for a while?

jlvitorasso
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 15:30

Your sanctuary only produce e-cells when idle. There must be no production schedule.

hqz
x3ap

Post by hqz » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 15:50

My UTs seem to be stuck on "standby" most of the time. Sometimes they are "scanning for trade routes..." but they quickly go back to "standby" and do nothing else.

The pilots are level 22 if that makes any difference. And I have about 60 sectors with advanced satellites. (and the ships have a jumpdrive obviously)

I've used SETA for a few (in-game) hours to see if they would eventually find a trade route but nothing happened.

The same ships set to ST do manage to trade something. So I'm wondering if I'm missing something here.

hqz
x3ap

Post by hqz » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 15:53

As a related question, is it even a good strategy to use UTs with this mod?

I was aiming to make some credits with UTs in order to pay my maintenance costs. But maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way? (the strategy with this mod is so different from what I'm used to with "vanilla" X3LU)

mcal9909
x3tc

Post by mcal9909 » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 18:17

hqz wrote:As a related question, is it even a good strategy to use UTs with this mod?

I was aiming to make some credits with UTs in order to pay my maintenance costs. But maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way? (the strategy with this mod is so different from what I'm used to with "vanilla" X3LU)
I think its all a question of playstyle, personaly i dont use UT's at all when playing Mayhem.

Money is not as useful and neither is REP when compared to vanilla LU.

What little cash i do need is easily covered by selling excess wares from my production chains. I started with a Snotra, still found it easy to cover maintenance fees.

jlvitorasso
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 18:51

Edit: And about UTs on standby, i had two of them doing the same thing. Eventualy they get back to work. Altough i cant confirm, i suspect this is related to credits. Try to raise money (in my case, 20,000,000+) without spending for a while, and see if they leave 'standby'.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 13. Mar 18, 04:14

I notice when looking at the system description, it gives infor on % sun, gate distance, race, and security level, all of which are pertinent pieces of information. It also lists the number of planets in the sector. Does this number have any bearing on gameplay, such as production capacity or value, or is simply a cosmetic indication of how many planets are in the backdrop?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 13. Mar 18, 07:23

It has no effect over gameplay.

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 09:22

Earlier I rememer that XMR was mentioned as a compatible mod for Mayhem. Is it still?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”