[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 00:03

worsin wrote:Wow, first time playing. I have not taken ANY sectors. OCV rolled in a wiped me out.

They seem way OP to me. I haven't even been able to build a fleet yet and they destroyed everything I have the first time in.

They are so fast that the starter ship is useless against them. I really don't know how you people do this considering the difficulty of OCV. They seem 2x power powerful than anything I've been able to build/scavenge so far.
You should actually be a little more aggressive with taking sectors.
A second sector (assuming you start the basic start) will double your research, and significantly improve your economy. That means you have a bigger fleet.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 00:13

Sirrobert wrote:
worsin wrote:Wow, first time playing. I have not taken ANY sectors. OCV rolled in a wiped me out.

They seem way OP to me. I haven't even been able to build a fleet yet and they destroyed everything I have the first time in.

They are so fast that the starter ship is useless against them. I really don't know how you people do this considering the difficulty of OCV. They seem 2x power powerful than anything I've been able to build/scavenge so far.
You should actually be a little more aggressive with taking sectors.
A second sector (assuming you start the basic start) will double your research, and significantly improve your economy. That means you have a bigger fleet.
I assume I should take another empty sector since I could never defeat a populated one. Right?

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 01:55

Is repairing with space suit disabled?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 06:15

jlvitorasso wrote: 1. Is there a command so i can set a NPC to do the blueprint scans for me?The fact that i have to scan every single ship of the game kinda bothered me.
Scanning is a very finicky, skill intensive process I would never entrust to an AI. It frequently involves hooting down a targets shields, but not too much, staying in range while it shoots at you. Or if you do not shoot at it, searching the galaxy for battles where the ship of interest is involved, jumping there, and hoping that the enemy it is fighting will do the shield depletion for you, without killing your target ship before you scan it, so that you do not suffer a rep hit with the faction of the ship being scanned.

hqz
x3ap

Post by hqz » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 10:24

I haven't played since 2.09 and I'm going to start a whole new playthrough.

I'm curious about the best choice of factories during the early stages of the game. Is is better to build factories for your own use in order to reach some sort of self-sustainability, or do you try to build factories that produce wares that you can sell so that you earn more credits?

And in case it's the second one (building for money), which factories do you usually consider the most profitable ones?

hqz
x3ap

Post by hqz » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 10:28

Is there a place outside of the game where the changes to the weapons are listed?

Before the changes I would just rely on http://blubb.najut.org/x3/ to compare weapons and theorycraft some interesting ship loadouts. So I'm wondering if there's an equivalent for Mayhem.

And if not, would it be possible to get the changes as a CSV or XML or JSON by any chance? Otherwise I'll just try to dig for the info myself inside the cat/dat files.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 10:56

There's no such thing for Mayhem. The only thing changed is the damage output: some weapons are anti-shield, others are anti-hull. That changes the damage value to a ratio of 1:3.

Self-sustainability is what you should aim for at first. See how you deal with the OCV.

@worsin: repair laser is deactivated indeed. If you really struggle to fight back the OCV, there's still the Vagrant gamestart, where the OCV feature is disabled.

V-virus
x4

Procedural Generation Universe

Post by V-virus » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 16:21

PROCEDURAL GENERATION UNIVERSE FOR MAYHEM (current version 2.3.7)

-New x universe
-Random generated planets, suns, asteroid fileds, gates, race regions, stations.

DOWNLOAD this mod

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 16:32

I am about to do a fresh Mayhem game. The install instructions on the 1st page of this thread indicate to install Mayhem over a fresh LU 1.7.0 install. But, LU is on version 1.7.2, so I was wondering if I should do an install over 1.7.0, or 1.7.2.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 16:39

hqz wrote:I haven't played since 2.09 and I'm going to start a whole new playthrough.

I'm curious about the best choice of factories during the early stages of the game. Is is better to build factories for your own use in order to reach some sort of self-sustainability, or do you try to build factories that produce wares that you can sell so that you earn more credits?

And in case it's the second one (building for money), which factories do you usually consider the most profitable ones?
The factory slots are too valuable to use them for money making in the beginning. You should produce the goods you need, but can't buy. An enemy race gives you more opportunities for missions or piracy.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 17:12

Falcrack wrote:I am about to do a fresh Mayhem game. The install instructions on the 1st page of this thread indicate to install Mayhem over a fresh LU 1.7.0 install. But, LU is on version 1.7.2, so I was wondering if I should do an install over 1.7.0, or 1.7.2.
Where do you see that?

Instructions are here and only here.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 18:17

Suggestions:
-Presets sector should be loaded with change to currend sector (may be with player acceptance ).
-Queues for production (with loop maybe).
-Presets for OWP (no idea how it could be implemented).
-OCV start (I think everybody want to fly this imba ships).
-Ship with very big cargobay (may be very expensive and very slow).

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 20:20

@Darketernal: OWPs count as ships so templates are a thing.
You could add many cargo bay tunings to an Aran via script editor to get something like you described.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 22:09

@Hector0x Don't want to use anything that autor doesn't ment to be used (except Scorp Map :lol: ). I am about Aran scripting.
@Joubarbe btw, I found new exploit (may be not). PM.

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 08:39

Got a problem that I need some help with.

My game keeps hard locking at about the same exact point in the game.

Its happened 2 times now at the same time. Seems something wants to trigger and freezes everything up.

Edit. Further testing I can confirm at exactly the same moment in the game it crashes with a hard lock. Cannot progress at all.

Shame I'm really liking this mod.

Here is the save if anyone can assist in finding out the cause.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt5x36frjcbjv0u/X12.sav?dl=0

Just tried to export the game and it did the same thing. Hard lock. Cant even export :(

Edit. Just to give a rundown of what I have installed.

Did a fresh install then followed the instructions to the letter.

Then installed:
ADS - Joubarbian Edition for carriers management.
The Joubarbian Toolkit for various quality of life stuff.
Internal Distribution Network
Cockpit mod from Litcube page.

That's it.

Also, I installed Litcube Import/Export THEN installed the Mayhem Import/Export.

In 4 days playing 10 hours a day I had no problems till just now.

1 thing to mention. This seems to have happened a few min after I deconstructed a station to replace it with another type. I don't know if this can cause whats happening or not.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 10:41

Freeze confirmed. I'll look into it.

Did you try exporting/importing a previous savegame?

jlvitorasso
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 13:33

Hi again guys! after a few hours into mayhem i can only say that I'm loving it. Still, I have a question regarding ship hangar and templates. My sanctuary has ship, laser and shield production. My test template is configured with 5x25mj, 3 part accel cannons and that improved quantum jumpdrive. considering I have none of this materials available on my sanctuary(weapons,shields and blue crystals), why my new constructed test ship comes with all 25mj shields installed ? it has no weapons nor quantum jumpdrive, but has shields... it is working as intended?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 14:26

jlvitorasso wrote:Hi again guys! after a few hours into mayhem i can only say that I'm loving it. Still, I have a question regarding ship hangar and templates. My sanctuary has ship, laser and shield production. My test template is configured with 5x25mj, 3 part accel cannons and that improved quantum jumpdrive. considering I have none of this materials available on my sanctuary(weapons,shields and blue crystals), why my new constructed test ship comes with all 25mj shields installed ? it has no weapons nor quantum jumpdrive, but has shields... it is working as intended?
Are you sure that you didn't have any shield in your Sanctuary? Are you sure that between the time you started the construction of your ship and the time that it's got finished, one your ship didn't bring back any shield (reaper, seller, NPC seller) or that you didn't recycle another shielded ship?

jlvitorasso
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 15:05

yes, I'm sure. Did this 'test' with different ships and loads, while monitoring my sanctuary resources.

AirWind

Post by AirWind » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 20:48

Hi. Sorry for my bad English.
Found a few problems (a new start for 2.3.1):
1) after destruction all shipyards pirates they are beginning to emerge in a random way. The shipyards are not recovering.
2) the Bonus from the goner temple can disappear if you reset perks (bonus support factories)
3) Marines in the process of boarding only improve combat skill

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”