What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 23:55

burger1 wrote:
apogee wrote:going to watch altered carbon tonight on netflix, lets see if it's any good?
Lots of nudity.

"One of the reviews stated that the main character's butt is an unofficial character in it's own."
they were correct.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 3. Feb 18, 09:28

apogee wrote:going to watch altered carbon tonight on netflix, lets see if it's any good?
Thanks for sharing. Watched the 1st episode around midnight and got hooked. Finished the entire season just 5 min. ago. Unusual in many ways, brutal, tense with some nice spins.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Sat, 3. Feb 18, 18:34

euclid wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Watched the 1st episode around midnight and got hooked. Finished the entire season just 5 min. ago. Unusual in many ways, brutal, tense with some nice spins.

Cheers Euclid
overnight marathon box set binging!

ony watched two so far but i like what ive seen, more episodes this evening.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Mon, 5. Feb 18, 15:03

apogee wrote:
burger1 wrote:
Lots of nudity.

"One of the reviews stated that the main character's butt is an unofficial character in it's own."
they were correct.
Started this last night - lots of naked body parts - don't watch while eating your tea -you'll be put off sausages for life.

Other than that seems quite good - I don't know if its me but had to fiddle with the sound settings to make the dialogue an easy listen (dropped the bass, and increased the treble). We have the same problem with the Expanse! I think the 5.1 mix overwhelms 2.1 systems and the dialogue gets lost in the mix.
A flower?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 5. Feb 18, 21:54

Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:I don't know if its me but had to fiddle with the sound settings to make the dialogue an easy listen (dropped the bass, and increased the treble). We have the same problem with the Expanse! I think the 5.1 mix overwhelms 2.1 systems and the dialogue gets lost in the mix.

It's not uncommon. Basically it's surround on a stereo system (I think the center speaker usually does voices in a surround system). Turn on volume equalization in windows or on your tv look in the audio menu and there's probably something like volume normalization, stabilization, etc... I think you can do volume compression also with an equalizer but I haven't ever made it work well. The original (before updates last year) volume equalization setting windows 10 came with was the best I have come across yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 19:59

It looks like John Cleese is making a new sitcom.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainmen ... 99320.html

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 16:58

It looks like Stargate Origins has been released. Some people are happy some aren't as usual.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7161862/

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 16. Feb 18, 01:56

10 mins each is a bit disappointing QQ

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 16. Feb 18, 11:25

euclid wrote:10 mins each is a bit disappointing QQ

Cheers Euclid
Well, it's just a webseries. Most-likely to test the water, whether there's still enough interest to warrant a new film or a proper series, and to advertise MGM's streaming portal Stargate Command. I think I read somewhere that you can even watch the first episodes of Stargate Origins, which were already released, for free if you register on that website. But I haven't tried it yet. Additionally, the original Stargate movie is free to watch on the Stargate Command YouTube Channel now.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 17. Feb 18, 05:19

Since my TV/internet cable was trashed by city workers digging up a busted water main and won't be fixed until the law suits are finished...welcome to the USA...I'm binge watching.

I found and ordered the entire Babylon 5 series with movies and the failed Crusade series. Gave me ideas for a few starship models.

Also found complete series of Gene Roddenberry's Earth the Final Conflict. Dogged in the final season.

Watching series I had a part in the Art Department of. Won't say what I never liked watching it then and you've probably panned it, but I watch for what I/we could have done to keep it afloat. It usually sums up to shooting the producers/writers.

Doctor Who new and old. Have friend in Wales working on production. Say new female Doctor might be too trendy. I say, "About damn time!"

Game of Thrones. Looking for production errors, tips, 3D post techniques. Always find something I missed. Buy DVD so I can screen shot.

Thinking about the last month I've been without TV except local I can pickup on antenna? I've been more more entertained thanks to Amazon and dvd and blue ray buys than cable TV.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 17:47

The original Stargate movie is currently free to watch on Stargate Commands youtube channel. I don't think there's any region restrictions on it. Some episodes of the new Stargate Origins might be free if you register with the Stargate Command site but I don't really know if that's true or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF3zUOvXUYQ

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 18:01

Thanks for above link! Boring Sunday with nothing really on the box. Qual eeehhh but you can't beat free.
MIND THE GAP

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 00:00

Expanse season 3 starts April 11, 2018.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/23/1663 ... date-watch

The movie Annihilation is skipping some foreign country theaters and is going straight to netflix. Netflix UK will have the movie March 12, 2018.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 02:06

Been watching Tientsin Mystic on Netflix and I highly recommend it, downside, it's Chinese so they are speaking Mandarin, meaning it's subtitled but it is really good and worth watching. Was going to link the trailer for it but it's full of spoilers, your better just watching it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 21:53

It looks like Ash vs Evil Dead season 3 is airing weekly on some countries netflix. Hong Kong is one of the countries.

-it looks like Belgium and Netherlands have season 3 also.
Last edited by burger1 on Thu, 1. Mar 18, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 21:59

Friend came back from winter olymipics with S Korean movies subtitled in English. Most forgetable, but they nailed the whole undead thing with "Train to Busan."
MIND THE GAP

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 20:52

Hank001 wrote:Friend came back from winter olymipics with S Korean movies subtitled in English. Most forgetable, but they nailed the whole undead thing with "Train to Busan."
Train to Busan is (has been for a while) available to Amazon Prime members to watch for free. Highly recommend "The Man from Nowhere" as a great action flick from Korea - and "The Suspect" is very watchable too.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 21:00

Didn't know until you told me. 4g w/ datacap is the best I have right now. Streaming movies not on agenda until my cable gets fixed. Thanks for the heads up though.
MIND THE GAP

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 01:46

If you have a roku or some device that has the Fawesome.tv movies channel you can watch 3rd Rock from the Sun free. There's also Lexx but I can't get it to work. Switching to US region didn't help me.

I think it's the channel below for reference.

https://channelstore.roku.com/en-ca/det ... awesome.tv

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 01:50

Lexx I have on Dvd. Full series. Loved their jibes at US. No roku. Like to but all sats here are below horizon becase of hills. Cable sould be fixed by mid month.
MIND THE GAP

Return to “Off Topic English”