X3TC - Terran Plot - Is this a bug or i'm doing something wrong? *Spoiler*

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KomitoDnB

X3TC - Terran Plot - Is this a bug or i'm doing something wrong? *Spoiler*

Post by KomitoDnB » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 02:02

So i've just finished the boarding part of the last chapter, and have to pick up the dignitaries to take to Earth Torus, i've docked at the station, it picked them up and told me to take them to Earth Torus, I undocked, then a few seconds later it told me "You need a Cargo Life Support System and at least 24 units of space" and I have to go pick them up again...

The thing is, I have about 100 units of space free, and I have CLS installed... When I dock, every 2 seconds it picks them up, tells me to pick them up again, then picks them up, tells me to pick them up again etc, this goes on endlessly...

Is this a bug then? I can't complete this if it keeps tripping...

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 02:30

have you an active autorefuel, as far as I remember the station in question is a solarpowerplant, so your ship could automatically buy 100 ec at docking, filling up the required space.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 02:45

I made this video with phone cam, not the best quality but good enough to see what's going on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3EjY5gBdmM

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 02:53

you could try to undock and throw them out of your ship and than redock
in director 2.005 ... there are some lines I'm not comfortable with.

Code: Select all

<cue name="L2M005 Cant Pickup Passengers" delay="3s" version="2">
                                                                      <condition>
                                                                            <check_value value="{player.ship.cargospace}" max="{value@L2M005.NeededSpace}-1" negate="1"/>
shouldn't that be:

Code: Select all

{player.ship.cargospace}" max="{value@L2M005.NeededSpace}-1" negate="0"/>
but it's low priority, as this cue does nothing important.
Last edited by ubuntufreakdragon on Thu, 22. Feb 18, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
My X3 Mods

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 03:05

Already tried that :/

Only thing left to try is loading an earlier game before the boarding process and hope it doesn't do that.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 03:21

So far reading the file there could be a bug if the torus manages to get destroyed within this mission.
the passenger script 0.30 would return 7 instead of 1 and the reset script would restart the failed mission which again fails because the Torus isn't searched again.
And no cue makes it invincible as far as I can see :roll:

What I can say is if L2M005.Torus contains nothing useful you will receive exactly what the video shows. any other output of l0m30 would be some passengers died somehow, so boring stuff that wont repeat

I could writ you a miniature mdmod fixing this, but your save would be modified and I don't know how later plots would react if the torus doesn't respawn in time.
My X3 Mods

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 03:46

Yeah, I reloaded an earlier game I saved just before attacking the flying beer can, it's working fine now, musta been a bug.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 03:48

can I have the bugged save?
My X3 Mods

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 03:49

Sure, pm me your email or whatever.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 03:59

pm is sent
My X3 Mods

Bill Huntington
x3tc

dignitaries

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 07:32

I've had it happen before. I found if I docked, waited a very little bit, then undocked, that I got them on board. If I waited the dignitaries got off. I didn't take the time to trade for energy.

The CLS and cargo space is diversionary information. You'll see it many times in TC. You have to use your own judgment many times instead of listening to some of those announcements.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 21:09

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:can I have the bugged save?
I was gonna send you it today but i've went and saved over the wrong one pfft, I use all 10 saves as I save constantly and like having several saves to choose from just incase I have to go back several saves...

I thought I kept the right save however it's right before I attacked the deca, I will try to recreate this and send you it, I remember what I done, not sure if it will work...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 22:05

mrbadger has written a Savegame Manager: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249129

Looks useful. Personally, I use manual routine: whenever I save over the 10th slot, I make a copy of entire 'save' folder. No overwrite.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 06:19

Ah great idea I knew you could exchange save files etc but for some reason never thought to backup saves when all 10 are full sweet will use that :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”