Question about Yaki

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KomitoDnB

Question about Yaki

Post by KomitoDnB » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 01:55

So, I'm trying to get Incendiary Bomb Launchers, so done some Yaki missions and now I can buy them from the Forge in Weaver's Tempest, however, the Yaki Shuri (M1) still attacks me, will they stop attacking me if I keep raising rep, or will they always attack anyone in the sector?

Bit weird how they all trade with me but that ship still attacks...

Cheers :)

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 02:37

Try jump a ship in Weaver's Tempest while you stay in another sector. The Shuri should turn blue if not do more missions.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Question about Yaki

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 05:24

KomitoDnB wrote:So, I'm trying to get Incendiary Bomb Launchers, so done some Yaki missions and now I can buy them from the Forge in Weaver's Tempest, however, the Yaki Shuri (M1) still attacks me, will they stop attacking me if I keep raising rep, or will they always attack anyone in the sector?

Bit weird how they all trade with me but that ship still attacks...

Cheers :)
Hi,

Worst case: The Shuri has turned hostile permanently. In that case you need an M7M full of hammers. Unload them on the Shuri and jump out before the first one hits. Problem solved.

cu
Rainer

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Welcome!

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 05:58

It's rare that they don't accept you, Komito DnB. I could happen because you killed a Yaki earlier in the game and the Shuri turned red for it. They might have been Yaki in a Defend Station mission.

There's a little more to the story about the Cobra. We call it
'unattributed missiles'. The Cobra or M8 fires them at the target and jumps out. But you have to change to another ship that stays in the system or the missiles lose their target. The target doesn't blame your launching ship because it's gone. You don't lose rep with that race for killing one of their ships.

And welcome to TC/AP, Komito DnB.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

dadmod
x3ap

Post by dadmod » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 14:15

Try communicating with the Shuri captain and apologize for weapons fire in error...if he/she will let you. If unable, keep raising rep and trying to say 'sorry'.....

jlehtone
x4

Re: Question about Yaki

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 10:10

RainerPrem wrote:The Shuri has turned hostile
Aye. Ships and Stations have an "angry at player" flag that they rise if you or your assets hurt the object or its assets. The object is hostile to you IF race does not like you (OR formation leader does not like you) OR flag is up.

Some Pirates spawn "hoisting the colours".
Trade Docks think that they own the Gates. Laser Towers belong to a Station too, but have their own flags.
Some stations still own (Military) ships.
Police gets upset when you shoot travellers.

Some events do reset the flag.
* Saying sorry works for some ships. (Formation leaders, I presume.)
* Scanning a Pirate ship is said to do that too.
* Hack a nearby Station "generic mission" can reset Station's flag.
* Police seems to have short memory, i.e. leave the sector.

If the peaceful approaches do not succeed, then one can
A) Honestly kill, and rework reputation.
B) Board (a ship), and rework reputation.
C) "Witness accident" between "abandoned" wayward torpedoes and the hostile.
D) "Witness accident" with other badass hostiles (like Xenon Patrol mission).

The D is unlikely to occur, the C sounds boring, and A&B -- well -- I presume you know the drill. :split:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 20:24

Hmmm, it's weird, it's just that one ship the Yaki Shuri in Weaver's Tempest, everybody else seems fine, for fun I took my Boreas in and destroyed them lol, but then just reloaded my game to see if I could find another way around it, I might have to destroy it again it seems lol...

I'll try the sorry thing:

[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”