Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 21:20

He'll also automatically buy Cargo upgrades and QJE
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

ntweedie2007
x4

UT Question

Post by ntweedie2007 » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 15:07

Hi - quick question about universe traders in LU.

Mine is level 14 and is fully kitted out, but won't use his jump drive at all?? I also don't see any options anywhere to adjust settings. In vanilla I'm sure you accessed this through the 'additional ship commands' section, but there is just nothing there! I'm pulling my hair out. I want to adjust things like the amount of fuel he carries etc.

Additionally, I have 2 TS ships with the station software for my ore mine. They are level 4 - at what level do they use jumpdrives?

Anyone can help??

Thanks!!

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:28

Did you set Autojump to yes? Set that to yes and the Autojump range to 0. Also probably want to set Refueling range to something like 50 or more.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:34

Universe Trader should auto-regulate it's Jump Drive settings.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Catroz
x3ap

Post by Catroz » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 00:28

Headquarters - recycling:

Do ships yield more resources through recycling, the higher % hull they got? Or does it not matter?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 01:15

Sirrobert wrote:Universe Trader should auto-regulate it's Jump Drive settings.
I know that to be true for vanilla but not sure for LU since these scripts received large updates.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Catroz
x3ap

Post by Catroz » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 01:17

memeics wrote:
Sirrobert wrote:Universe Trader should auto-regulate it's Jump Drive settings.
I know that to be true for vanilla but not sure for LU since these scripts received large updates.
I can confirm that it is so: The UTs regulate the jumps/refills themselves. All of mine have set autojump - 0 minimum - 190 jump fuel

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 02:10

Autojump 0 means they jump even within the same sector to reach their destination btw, it doesn't mean it's disabled. Do you have Autojump set to False and they still jump?
[ external image ]

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 04:14

memeics wrote:Did you set Autojump to yes? Set that to yes and the Autojump range to 0. Also probably want to set Refueling range to something like 50 or more.
THANK YOU!!! I thought this was just for jumping away from enemies, but I can confirm it has now worked and the UT is now jumping. My Station Agents are also doing so.

Now I just need to get my head round the economy in LU...it seems quite different from vanilla and I'm not sure quite where to start with factories. I just have an Ore Mine at present, as Ore is almost always needed.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 09:36

You're welcome! I don't want to spoil the fun of discovering things for yourself but check out my signature for a LU playthrough I recorded a while back (with the grinding/boring parts done outside of recordings). Everyone plays LU the way they want it but in my series I didn't bother with regular factories/complexes and simply focused on making enough money to start building Saturn Complex Hubs (size 25 is a good starting size). Until then I already had a pretty large UT fleet and I was doing tons of "Build Station" missions (they pay a lot!). But the fastest way to make money in the beginning for me was to buy broken ships and repair them.
[ external image ]

Catroz
x3ap

Post by Catroz » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 17:52

@memeics:

Can you give your reasoning for choosing the Terran sector to build some of your complexes, in your play through?

I've been watching your videos on You Tube, but I missed the part where you explained why.

Why are you splitting complexes between Legend's Home and the Terran sector (forgot which Terran A-B-C or D it was)?

Thanks for your answers!

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 14. Feb 18, 00:08

I was roleplaying as a Terran female of a rich family that left the home planet to look for her luck in the stars. Or something like that :D

Anyway, locations for complexes has to do with more practical reasons, local asteroid resources. You want to put it in a sector with lots of asteroids and/or lots of asteroids in neighboring sectors so that moving them isn't very costly. I also wanted to avoid being too close to "enemy" sectors like pirates, Xenon, OCV and Phanon's home sector.
[ external image ]

ntweedie2007
x4

Satellites Monitoring 1.8 Mod for X3 LU

Post by ntweedie2007 » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 01:57

Can anyone please advise how I install the above script? I downloaded the file and it's just a .rar - where does this go? I have only installed using the .spk format in the past so I'm a bit of a noob!

I have asked in that thread, but this one seems more active :)

Thanks!

ntweedie2007
x4

Friend/Foe settings

Post by ntweedie2007 » Fri, 16. Feb 18, 02:38

Is there a way for me to change these and for them to stay changed?

Pirates default to foe, even though they are not attacking me or are hostile in any way (despite being -3 12% on the rep scales).

Every time I leave my ship to claim a derelict, the settings change back to foe and I have to manually change to friend. Same with all my traders, change them to friend otherwise they probably wouldn't jump to a sector with pirates in it.

I have 'show as hostile if hostile to me' set to YES, so I know if any of them are actually hostile to me.

Will the friend/foe settings always change when I exit my ship? Is there no way to change them permanently?

Thanks!

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 16. Feb 18, 03:19

Did you try setting the global Friend/Foe to be Friend with pirates? Look for it in the player menu. Do that and select the option to apply the new global Friend/Foe to all ships.
[ external image ]

Tolo Pe
x4

Post by Tolo Pe » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 09:12

Good Morning.
I have the following problem. I have done a clean install of the game and also a backup of the game. I install LU with the automatic installation. First the main mod, then the patch and then the sounds. But as soon as I start the game, he starts the Vanilla X3AP. But as soon as I copy the Non Steam.exe version 3.3, it starts the mod with a lot of ReadText errors. Is there already a patch for the 3.3 version of X3AP?

mfg Tolo Pe
***Boronischer Flottenkommandant***
Es lebe das Königinreich Boron
----------------------------------------
Meine kleinen Let's Plays zu X3 und X4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_78i_ ... KOZpwsiNxQ

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 22:38

Hey - question on the Saturn complex hubs.

I love them, amazing. However I'm unsure of a couple of things in regards to the wares it produces which aren't the "finished/final" product.

Take my 1 MJ facility - it produces a surplus of 75 crystals and 1700 e-cells every cycle. I don't seem to be able to access that overstock at all?? In normal closed loops you had access to all products (whether resources or finished) and could sell overstock. I don't see how to do this with the SCH?

The facility has over 100k e-cells currently in stock, but I see no way of selling them?? I thought 'surplus control' might work, but it only allows me to select the finished product.

How do I sell my excess e-cells and crystals?

**EDIT**

I figured out how to get the e-cells out of the complex, using the courier commands (I brought every bit of software to see what would work!). It just seems like I can only ship them elsewhere within my empire but not sell them this way. I need to maybe buy an SPP and ship them there, then another freighter to sell them from the SPP?? Seems convoluted.

The crystals however appear lost. I selected crystals on the courier commands but he never loaded them on to the ship.

Thanks!

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 07:24

You cannot access any excess production of an SCH except e-cells. However, it's a tiny amount in the overall scheme of things. For example, 75 crystals per cycle of an 1MJ hub = 137 crystals/hr = 300k/hr. It's irrelevant in LU where you operate with billions. Consider this a payment for the luxury the SCH provides.

E-cells excess is available for the player in order to be used as a fuel for trader and courier ships loading the product of the complex. That's why you can manually specify the minimum excess amount of e-cells when configuring the SCH (although I never use it - the natural excess is usually more than enough). If you want to get rid of these e-cells, just have a TL pick them up. TLs are always in need of e-cells in LU.

canshow
x4

Post by canshow » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 05:15

Quick Q- Were the spawn rates of rare ships (atmospheric lifter, mobile pirate base hauler, etc) changed at all in comparison to Vanilla?
[ external image ]
Stargate Junkie

ntweedie2007
x4

Marine Repairs and Training?

Post by ntweedie2007 » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 09:32

Quick one - is the Marine Repairs and Training mod compatible with LU? I notice it isn't in the official thread, but is in https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=367414 as working - although I don't know if that is up to date!

If it is working, how do I install it without using the plugin manager?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”