[X3TC] Invisible Kha'ak cluster in Hub sector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amoe
x4

[X3TC] Invisible Kha'ak cluster in Hub sector

Post by amoe » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 00:40

I have some CLS2 freighters unloading to the Hub and they keep going to Idle status. When I did 'Analysis to log', I got the following output:

Detected enemy ship: Kha'ak Cluster in Unknown Sector (X -3954 Y -17237 Z -22443)

However when I go to these coordinates (-3.9, -17.2, -22.4 in game) there's nothing there... No ships visible in sector map, no ships visible from my ship, and no one else in the sector.

How can I get rid of this cluster so my ships can keep unloading?

Dave

Timsup2nothin

Re: [X3TC] Invisible Kha'ak cluster in Hub sector

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 02:31

amoe wrote:I have some CLS2 freighters unloading to the Hub and they keep going to Idle status. When I did 'Analysis to log', I got the following output:

Detected enemy ship: Kha'ak Cluster in Unknown Sector (X -3954 Y -17237 Z -22443)

However when I go to these coordinates (-3.9, -17.2, -22.4 in game) there's nothing there... No ships visible in sector map, no ships visible from my ship, and no one else in the sector.

How can I get rid of this cluster so my ships can keep unloading?

Dave
It's probably there, somewhere. By the time you arrived at the logged position it has moved on, of course. A handful of sats laid out to light up the whole sector will most likely find it. Or more likely you will find it while laying out the sats.

Other interesting possibility though...when you are out of sector and collision is turned off could a ship just fly through the big sphere and wander around outside? If so, when you enter the sector is such a ship possibly stuck outside?

Typically, any ship in the HUB is just passing through, or docking, so their pathing wouldn't take them outside even if they can get there...but a cluster just wanders around far from the center of the sector... :gruebel:
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 03:51

Timsup2nothin wrote:Other interesting possibility though...when you are out of sector and collision is turned off could a ship just fly through the big sphere and wander around outside? If so, when you enter the sector is such a ship possibly stuck outside?

Typically, any ship in the HUB is just passing through, or docking, so their pathing wouldn't take them outside even if they can get there...but a cluster just wanders around far from the center of the sector... :gruebel:
That might be possible. You could also probably get outside the hub yourself if you equipped your ship with a transporter device and beamed yourself across to the ship on the outside. Just make sure the outside ship has a jumpdrive or a transporter device so you don't get permanently stuck.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 05:49

Hemmingfish wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:Other interesting possibility though...when you are out of sector and collision is turned off could a ship just fly through the big sphere and wander around outside? If so, when you enter the sector is such a ship possibly stuck outside?

That might be possible. You could also probably get outside the hub yourself if you equipped your ship with a transporter device and beamed yourself across to the ship on the outside. Just make sure the outside ship has a jumpdrive or a transporter device so you don't get permanently stuck.
I have made a note to test this out next time I am playing.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 05:51

A 'defend sector' order might point you at the problem, since it doesn't seem to have a range limit on selecting targets.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 15:08

@ amoe: "when I go to these coordinates (-3.9, -17.2, -22.4 in game)" - Shouldn't that be '(-4k,-17.2k,-22.4k)'?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 15:33

I think people would figure that out when their ships go to practically the center of the map.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 16:20

You'd be surprised ... :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

amoe
x4

Post by amoe » Sat, 17. Feb 18, 13:36

I got round to checking this today -- I resorted to manually operating a giant fleet of TSes to finish the Crystals part of the Hub. But now the cluster seems to be gone. Or at least my CLS freighters are not going idle any more. I laid out the satellite network at the perimeter of the sphere, and there's no sign of it. Wish I had done that before!

Well, it's interesting, and it's good to learn that apparently clusters *do* move between sectors, or get removed by the engine, over time. I had a suspicion that once a cluster spawned within a sector, it would never disappear unless destroyed, and so CLS2 would be broken for the rest of the plot... Glad to learn otherwise.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 00:25

I had the same problem in the hub, figured the part about sats and cured the problem having that Vadar patrolling the place. Got a message it was under attack, but by the time I jumped in, it solved the problem. No problems from then on.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 01:29

Could be each time you enter the sector the cluster is getting bumped by the HUB outer shell. You might need to deal with it OOS.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 22:43

Hank has the right idea. Use a patrol OOS with a wide enough patrol route and it should eventually eliminate any problems.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 22:58

That Vadar is a bit slow and pirates started passing through. Went to any M3 that bailed an I picked up. But for that Khak problem that Vadar cleaned them out. Of course I'm Stull trucking in half the GALAXY'S raw material. I swear This time when Dr Gi want's a ride home I'm going to space him in a Xenon sector! :evil:
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”