D-PAD Not Working Correctly

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 5. Feb 18, 17:00

Could you start by giving us some information to work with? Which game are you playing, and which version? Is it modified in any way? And could you provide a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report as requested at the top of the forum?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 13:27

Please don't bump threads here. Help will arrive when it can.

Have you changed any keybindings within a custom control profile that are relevant to the controls you are attempting? Are you using any external game profiler or control adaption/emulation application?

Have you verified the Steam X3TC gamefiles cache?

Your graphics driver is a bit outdated and may not be WHQL approved for current Win10 x64 if you have set checking for WHQL in DxDiags.

You didn't post the Windows Error Reporting final part of your DxDiag so we cannot check that for you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 14:46

Xbox controller support was first fully integrated for X3AP long before elements of that were back-ported to X3TC v3.3 in Feb 2017. I don't know if this may have helped with your much earlier controller issues, but it seems that what you are attempting now should be working without any external controller application.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 16:35

For information only, the custom profile control settings are saved in your in-game profile which is in a profiles folder next to your saves and screenshots folders in Your Documents. Something like: C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\ ..

Once in-game, you can go to Options/Controls and select 'Use default profile'. You can start rebuilding your own custom profile from there.

Further, when you start the game you can select the 'Input Device' button in the small initial splash screen and then tick 'Show Controller Layout' should that help at all.

I think the main thing though is that you probably should not need Steam's Controller Configuration Support running at all while playing but just use the available in-game settings and control/key-binding options.

Just to be clear, I am no controller expert. I don't even have one! :wink: X2-Illuminatus may be your best source for further (non-dev) controller advice.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 16:54

Yes to the latter. I guess the former means emulating the differences between absolute and relative modes used by different makes of controllers.

You really need a controller user/expert now.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 19:43

I would initially say to find the 'dock with target' control and remove the conflict by changing any duplication and/or giving it a different binding. I suspect that it may not be just as simple as that though ...

What I do not really understand is why it only clashes after a quit and reload - unless your game launcher (or Steam overlay/profiler) is set up to load an old version control profile, or perhaps is pulling an old one out from the cloud or from an OS virtual cache.

I think perhaps you need to clear old versions, caches and cloud backups of profiles before you set up a new profile as you want it. That said, I have never seen such an issue before but then I don't use a controller or the cloud etc.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 20:40

What about if you save a custom profile but immediately rename it to something else such as 'Xbox profile' before you quit the game? When you restart, make sure Xbox profile is the one loaded.

Just hunches here from me.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 7. Feb 18, 14:08

I'm sure that work may be useful. I had already asked a dev if somebody on the team might be able to help you. Please be patient!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 21:03

Sorry no. I guess they have bigger things on their plates.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”