[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 20:42

I recently encountered the problem that pirate ships spawned from missions won't fire at anything, despite having the correct weapons. They don't fire at my ships and they don't fire at other race's ships. Already existing pirate ships like the ones in Gaian Star however do attack correctly. What may be the cause of this problem?

I vaguely remember that someone asked such a question some time ago, but I can't find it...

Vercetti
x3tc

Post by Vercetti » Sun, 4. Feb 18, 17:17

Hello Folks!

I have ben away from the X series for a very long time, after trying X rebirth and unfortunately disliking it... now I have been back for a while with X3 AP and I immediately installed the XRM mod.

I have a question though... I started as Argon Peacekeeper (I know that argon campaign is disabled) I completed the company, NMMC and hub plots, and now I have maxed out reputation with the Split among others... guess this would be time for the shady business plot.. I think I have all the requisites (UFJD on board, max rep with the splits (just achieved) and the HUB) but did not get the message yet. Is it because main plot is disabled so I cannot do the shady business or I just have to be patient (like waiting couple of hours in ATS?)

Thanks!!!
Se l'urlo agghiacciante, che ti sveglia all'improvviso nella notte, è quello di un pedone, vuol dire che ti eri addormentato al volante.

Cormyr
x3tc

Post by Cormyr » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 12:02

So I'm wondering what the best ships for each class are. For example I've heard that the Boreas is the best M2 although the ATF destroyers have quite superiors stats. Has that something to do with the weapon loadout?

VladWard
x4

Post by VladWard » Fri, 2. Mar 18, 07:58

Hi,

I just installed XRM on a fresh install of X3:AP and I'm having some pretty severe freezing/stuttering any time the game changes the currently playing BGM. This occurs any time I enter a new area, enter or leave combat, when idle and the BGM track cycles automatically, and even at the title screen.

I'm running on an overclocked Bloomfield i7-930 (3Ghz) with 16GB of RAM, a 290X, and the game itself is installed on a 5400RPM HDD.

Could this be a software issue, or am I likely being bottlenecked by something? I would normally assume the latter, but my intuition is that loading BGM isn't a terribly resource intensive process.

Thanks

Edit: Issue persists after moving the installation to an (admittedly rather old) SSD.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 2. Mar 18, 08:34

BGM = Background Music track? If so, there are number of audio codecs which are known to cause problems with the X3-games. See the "Codec Issues" section of the Common problems and resolutions sticky in the Tech Support forum.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

VladWard
x4

Post by VladWard » Fri, 2. Mar 18, 09:52

Wow! I didn't even think about that. I went through my Programs and Features list and just uninstalled a bunch of codecs I'd installed years ago and the problem is now solved.

Thank you!

guttizz
x3ap

Games crash

Post by guttizz » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 14:47

My game always crash when i try to install this mod.
game crash when i start the game.

Im trying to install it on the x3 ap

I have followed the steps in the instructions.

in the x3 crash file:
Story call stack dump:
[000000]->[017959]#101[101].Graphics_DoScenery()

What are im doing wrong ??

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 14:52

Most probably you haven't followed the install instructions correctly.

guttizz
x3ap

Games crash

Post by guttizz » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 15:05

omg yea i did forget somting lol. did only cope the one cat file over not both :P

so thats why it dident work. Im stupid ;D

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 12:08

After recent Egosoft stream on twitch I was thinking about going back to XRM, but I reminded of something I didn't really like.

So...

A fake patch request.

Goal - to remove all gates in outlying sectors leading to opposite side of the map. An example: east gate in Venturer's Sentinel leading to west gate of Ringo Moon.
In my opinion these connections are making the X world of XRM locked in a small ball. There are no "far away" sectors assuming we're in Argon Prime. In vanilla a long journey to Getsu Fune was something worth undertaking and dangerous. Here? Not really, just a few jumps from Argon Prime. Easy peasy.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Fri, 23. Mar 18, 12:34

Mythrantar wrote:For anyone interested, I have made a bunch of patches to make TCAP and/or LoCo play well with XRM and AP3.2 and each other; you can grab them from the signature of my post. I also just made IEX patches for them:

IEX patch for XRM-TCAP for AP3.2

and

IEX patch for XRM-TCAP with LoCo XRM for AP3.2

All you have to do is follow the instructions in the zip file. Let me know if you find any issues!
Mythrantar wrote:Added compatibility patches for the latest version of XRM in AP for the Saturn Complexes:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 10#4664510
Thanks a ton.
took me a while to find those though

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Sat, 24. Mar 18, 19:35

Hello, I need help.

It's been a very long time since I've played X3 but I was thinking about giving it another go.

And of course there's a dilemma - I do not know if it would be better to play this mod with X3TC or X3AP?
In past I was playing mostly TC, didn't give AP much thought but after all these years I'm seriously curious which version of the game would be better.

Is XRM compatibility-wise more stable with X3TC or X3AP?

I was planning to install several other mods too (especially TC plots for AP) but XRM is THE most important - and I would really like to know opinion of people that still play X3 to this day.

If someone could explain to me which installation (XRM+TC or XRM+AP) would be more stable 'til the end-game I'd really appreciate it!

I know there's LU mod that's extremely popular and installing it would liquidate all my questions about game stability, but I didn't like it.
My heart will always be with XRM :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 08:57

I don't think there is a difference in stability between TC and AP. None of the people posting their problems here indicate otherwise, and I personally only play XRM with AP.

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 11:51

hi,
not sure where to post this, as this is an issue with XRM + IEX + TC plots for AP
any information welcome as maybe it could help me fix this and I'm in the dark right now. I don't think I made a mistake but I guess anything is possible.

I have a slight issue :
everything works fine, I can move between sectors just fine but :
http://prntscr.com/ivuo27
As you can see, some sectors don't show up on the universe map
they show up just fine in X3 Map by scorp though.

My install http://prntscr.com/iw1sah
on top of that I added Mythrantar's 3 patches http://prntscr.com/iw1spg

Thanks for any help

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 13:40

@Whismerhill:
You have a mod conflict. Some aren't compatible or installed in the wrong order. I have used XRM and IEX often in the past, so they are working fine together. The following mods I haven't used before so there may be the cause of the problem:
- Impossible mission difficulty
- Saturn complex hub
- TC plots with IEX
- Detector
- Mythrantar's patches (never heard about that)

Please also note that AP is currently on version 3.3, while the Mythrantar files from your screenshot are for 3.2. This may also cause problems.

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 14:35

Thanks for your interest.

mythrantar patches ( https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 04#4662904 ) are the more recent there is for this kind of setup

XRMi-TCAP v0.95 is kind of old

my beliefs :
saturn complex hub isn't the problem since it's overwritten (loaded early) and doesn't touch maps anyways
impossible mission difficulty doesn't touch maps
detector is just sound

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 17:26

If a sector is not displayed within the map, that usually means it has no entry in the 00749.bod (the file can be found in the directory objects\cut\).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 20:35

ok so that confirms what I have been told already
Thanks X2-Illuminatus
I tried the flat map here : https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=306821
it indeed flattened the map but didn't solve the issue

(note: have no idea if I had to restart a game for full effect so I tried with new game anyway)

I wanted to try out this script to remake a proper 0749.bod but links are non-existent anymore
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261078

I guess the next step is to try & use DIMOSUS.X MapTool to make a bod
that's completely new territory for me however (have no idea how to know if I have a "map patch")

Anero
xr

Post by Anero » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 07:36

Hi all,

I recently installed XRM and I've gotten to the point where I want to start setting up stations and I've run into and issue I think.

I can't seem to find a lot of the stations for sale, the shipyard in Legend's Home doesn't even sell any stations, I've visited 5 different shipyards and not a single one sells solar power plants, they all seems to sell some weapon/military type stations. is this normal?

is there a way to restock the stations and shipyards? or re run the scritps without having to restart my game?

Edit: looking closer, I haven't seen any non-military ships for sale anywhere either, none of the shipyards I've visited sell the TL,TS or TP ships.

Thanks,

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 07:54

Most stations and transports were moved to the "showroom" shipyards. XRM generally reduces availability of stations, which can be bothersome if playing without jump drives (and not using Hephaistos Corp).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”