Someone needs to deal with Ketraar on steam.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dfm5000

Someone needs to deal with Ketraar on steam.

Post by dfm5000 » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 05:03

He's killing your game before it even comes out, by making threats of banning people for sharing there opinions.

I don't live in China and most countries have some form of freedom of speech, Ketraar is taking this right away.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 05:37

contact egosoft staff directly through a pm, don't bring up this stuff on the forum it's only going to create drama and po the moderating staff here.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 05:40

Forum Rules wrote:Discussion of any action taken by a moderator or site administrator is not permitted. This includes discussion of warnings, bans or locked topics, and also the re-starting of a topic that has just been locked.
I am in no position to comment on the moderation that had taken place but this is no real place to discuss moderation actions.
Messaging one of the forum admins (Xenon_Slayer seems to be the one handling the English forums) is a more appropriate action.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

dfm5000

Post by dfm5000 » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 09:28

Requiemfang wrote:contact egosoft staff directly through a pm, don't bring up this stuff on the forum it's only going to create drama and po the moderating staff here.
I know it does, this isn't a moderation issue for egosoft.com rather a different site entirely.

But it's still there staff, so i'm not violating any rules here.

At any rate when CBJ gets on tomorrow hopefully he see's this first, and he can lock the thread as usual.

Then anyone else having similar problems with the steam user in question can feel free to pm away.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 09:35

Locked under forum rule one.
Personal abuse directed towards another forum member is not permitted under any circumstances. If you are offended by another user's post or conduct, try to contact that user directly to peacefully resolve the issue.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 11:25

Since you decided to air your opinions on forum moderation in public rather than deal with it by PM, as required by the forum rules both here and on Steam, let's set a few facts straight. Your post was removed from the Steam forum because you likened pre-ordering games to funding terrorism. You were also previously removed from the XR forums for repeatedly insulting anyone who disagreed with your opinion (not, as you claim, for "sharing" your own).

The job of a moderator is to ensure that people comply the forum rules, and those who don't will be dealt with appropriately, whether here on on Steam. Oddly enough it is normally only the people who think that the rules don't apply to them that have a problem with that.

dfm5000

Ketraar at it again.

Post by dfm5000 » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 12:28

I've seen some abusive moderators in the past some strict some irreversibly stupid. But I have never met a moderator that wants to be Barney f'ing fife.

For a good 10 mins after reading my reason for ban I laughed, not because of the reason I was being banned for, but because he had the audacity to link the steam rules of conduct after violating them himself.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16x_fO ... 2CGiz0uw_j
The user and me in question were greeting each other and joking, I don't think Ketraar is that dense not to have figured that one out.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -USHJ-3810
If moderators could be banned for violating the rules of conduct Ketraar would have violated these.

Racism, *discrimination*
Threats of violence or *harassment*, even as a joke.
*Abuse* or encourage abuse of the Post Reporting System

Please put Lupo in charge of the steam forums he's fair and probably one of the best mods you've got.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 13:06

You are now breaking the forum rules by discussing moderation actions. Locking the thread.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 18:40

Merged. Apparently you didn't get the message last time, so let's make it very clear: you abide by the forum rules as you agreed to when you signed up for the forum, including the rule on discussing moderator actions, or you will be removed. You will not be warned again.

dfm5000

Steam dicussions.

Post by dfm5000 » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 21:26

http://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/di ... 26/?ctp=17

Do you have questions and want to discuss your potential favorite game to be on steam?

Do you feel safe doing so or do you feel like a butt hurt moderator hideing in the shadows will jump out and diddle you in a moments notice because he was offended? Not because you said the f word, not because you were flamming it up, not because you we're a hitler reincarnated. Not because you did any kind of steam violations, but because he disagreed with what you said.

Personally i could give two shits about being banned, especially by a company that needs my money not the other way around.

Our voice lets the companies know what we are looking for in this up and coming X4 game. But when you do this chinese censorship non sense, the only person that is going to win is Star Citzen.

Mind you Egosoft isn't the only one playing the Chinese game Violition is doing it to, it didn't help them with Agents of Mayhem and it wont help Egosoft with X4.

Start letting people express there thoughts on this game and start taking notice, or go the way of the Dino.

Remember if modderators keep pissing people off this is going to end up on youtube and Facebook, so censorship is a wasted effort it just fuels hate and revenge.

Stop f'ing doing it.

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 21:36

That thread had degraded into a mud slinging match against the ES steam moderators and each other. I see no issue with mods decision to lock it.

Nice try spreading the toxicity here too.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 21:43

@ dfm5000: This breaks so many forum rules and so can slide away.

Even if you say you don't mind being banned, we have our rules and procedures in place to try to keep these forums more pleasant for people to visit. We moderators do try to be fair and allow people to express their opinions, whether positive or negative, within a fairly relaxed set of forum rules.

This opening post plainly oversteps several lines that just cannot be ignored or tolerated. Comments on moderation and reopening of locked debates to name just two. Please desist from such posts or this informal warning will become far more formal and serious.

EDIT: Now this new thread has been merged with a previous similar one, it is evident that CBJ has already dealt above with all the unofficial warning phases and that you are indeed in risk of a ban.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sat, 24. Feb 18, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 22:09

I've collected these together so that everyone can see the pattern, namely you blatantly ignoring the forum rules, and blatantly ignoring repeated warnings to remain with the forum rules, all the while making spurious claims that you are being silenced just for giving your opinion.

Enough is enough. Yes, you are being banned, not to silence your opinion but because you are apparently incapable of remaining within the rules you signed up to when you joined the forum.

phoenix3000

Internal Affairs Investigation!!

Post by phoenix3000 » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 00:27

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=397926
@Alan
@ dfm5000: This breaks so many forum rules and so can slide away.

Even if you say you don't mind being banned, we have our rules and procedures in place to try to keep these forums more pleasant for people to visit. We moderators do try to be fair and allow people to express their opinions, whether positive or negative, within a fairly relaxed set of forum rules.

This opening post plainly oversteps several lines that just cannot be ignored or tolerated. Comments on moderation and reopening of locked debates to name just two. Please desist from such posts or this informal warning will become far more formal and serious.

EDIT: Now this new thread has been merged with a previous similar one, it is evident that CBJ has already dealt above with all the unofficial warning phases and that you are indeed in risk of a ban.
No i don't mind being banned it's a pointless endeavor, in your eyes i'm just one person making trouble bla bla bla. Did you click the link I provided to you, which one of you is the head of the Moderators you or CBJ? At the very end Ketraar neglected to delete the last post, you should read the post.(Purely Amazing) There's at least 100 more just like that deleted.

If Ketraar wasn't deleting legit posts, you would have seen all the disbelief and displeasure of many of your other potential and returning Egosoft customers, with legit concerns and posts.

I'm not trying to say we don't need Moderators, because there are a lot of nut bags out there who need to get the boot. But when they aren't violating Steam rules and not Egosoft rules on a steam forum. You guys yourself need to obey the policy.

You can't have your rogue moderators out there perma banning someone because they didn't like someone's opinion. Ketraar has even done name calling because of an ideal he didn't like.

Now Ketraar represents your company he is not one of the regular steam moderators who get paid in animal crackers for there moderation he's one of the many faces of Egosoft. Right now he's making Egosoft's face into one in which only a mother could love.

@CBJ
I've collected these together so that everyone can see the pattern, namely you blatantly ignoring the forum rules, and blatantly ignoring repeated warnings to remain with the forum rules, all the while making spurious claims that you are being silenced just for giving your opinion.

Enough is enough. Yes, you are being banned, not to silence your opinion but because you are apparently incapable of remaining within the rules you signed up to when you joined the forum.
I wasn't blatantly ignoring rules, I just didn't care for them. It's nothing personal in this me and Ketraar are alike.

Personalities clash!! But even crooked cops are subject to internal affair's who are crooked moderators subject to?

[/quote]

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 02:12

Rule 9, which I'm sure you are familiar with:
CBJ wrote:Discussion of any action taken by a moderator or site administrator is not permitted. This includes discussion of warnings, bans or locked topics, and also the re-starting of a topic that has just been locked.
Correspondingly, thread locked and your new account for getting around your ban, is locked too.

Allmoderatorsareassets

The 11 Commandments!

Post by Allmoderatorsareassets » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 03:50

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=398334

You know oddly enough this is the first time i've actually read this agreement.

However thanks to you i now know you are violating rule number 1. No one is to use abuse of a personal nature against another forum member.

You violated this rule when you locked my account and told me it was for getting around the ban. Getting around the ban is not 1 of the 11 Commandments.(This appears to be hate of a personal nature.)

So you expect me to follow the rules when non of you are following the rules?

Also rule #5 these rules are so old they smell like dust. Does Warez even exist, i thought everyone is torrenting now a days?

P.S. I got banned twice for following rule #1
"In most cases a single PM can solve misunderstandings quickly. If you do not succeed, please contact a moderator for assistance. "

1.)Absolutely no one is to use abuse of a personal nature against another forum member. If you are offended by another users' post or conduct, try to contact that user directly to peacefully resolve the issue. In most cases a single PM can solve misunderstandings quickly. If you do not succeed, please contact a moderator for assistance.
2.)Mild swearing is permitted. Minors do use these boards. Please bear that in mind. A 'swear filter' is in place on these forums, but users who consistently rely on it in their posts will be warned against doing so.
3.)Images, links or any other content that other forum users may find obscene or offensive, will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to sexism, racism, incitement to violence and extreme religious and political views. Users breaking this rule will be dealt with severely.
4.)Any form of commercial advertising will not be tolerated (except by us, obviously).
5.)Any discussion or links to "Warez", illegal software or sites with content that is not in line with the law of the host country AND the posting country will not be tolerated. This is not limited to the X game series.
6.)Spam will not be tolerated. Please also ensure that when posting a new thread, your topic title is relevant and not just an 'attention grabber' e.g. HELLLPPPP!!!!!
7.)Signatures should total no larger than 600 pixels wide and 150 pixels high, including all images and text. This means you can have up to 8 lines of text maximum or an image up to 150 pixels high, but not both. Avatars are limited to 80 x 80 pixels. The total combined size for both signature and avatar should not exceed 50kb.
8.)Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size
9.)Discussion of any action taken by the site in relation to a user (i.e. a banning or a warning) is not permitted. This includes discussions about locked topics.
10.)We have an excellent FAQ. You can link search here or perform a detailed search here. 'Bumping' (replying to a thread not discussed since a long time ago) of old or out of date topics is not encouraged.
11.)Links to 3rd party websites containing material or content posted by a banned user are not permitted and may be removed at the discretion of a site administrator and moderator. Owners of 3rd party sites should therefore be aware that a user may affect their site and should ensure that reciprocal action is be taken if required or asked.

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 04:03

You missed:

"Egosoft reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all areas of the Egosoft website especially for spamming, flooding, or otherwise abusing the public communication tools. "

Allmoderatorsareassets

Post by Allmoderatorsareassets » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 05:18

elexis wrote:You missed:

"Egosoft reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all areas of the Egosoft website especially for spamming, flooding, or otherwise abusing the public communication tools. "
I saw that and it violates rule #3 Sexisim and Racisim and #1 for personal abuse against all forum members for even putting this in view.

If you can selectively target someone for any reason and restrict them vs other members for any reason that's called racisim, maybe they don't like women named Piper banned = sexisim.

Even putting this on the forum could violate Germany's severe anti racisim law.

Seanchaidh
x4

Post by Seanchaidh » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 05:49

Holy Sigmar, dude, just stop.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 06:23

Best you stop persisting with your multiple incarnations. This behavior of rolling in your anger, is serving you no good. I'm sure you are a nice enough guy who unintentionally caught himself on fire and is having trouble putting it out. Be calm and walk away with dignity.

Return to “X4: Foundations”