Shady Business AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jobyone
x3

Shady Business AP

Post by Jobyone » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 06:18

In shady Business I have been asked to take the prototype Acinonyx back to Lost Order. when i enter the gate i am left stranded in an unknown and told to repair the Acinonyx .. I have tried everything and no luck I even changed the name of a satelite to HELP ..any hints on what to do appreciated

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 07:39

Oh boy, my favorite part of the game.

You can tell the maker of the plot had some great ideas, but the gameplay is ultimately ****** over by collision avoidance mechanics. Basically a bunch of hidden cargos will spawn around you and you're supposed to pick up a bunch of hull plating to repair your ships and jump drive components to ultimately fix your jumpdrive for a way back. But like dropping a jump beacon in Terran sectors, those crates may spawn really far away from you.

Did that mission once. I was also trying to overtune the ship and pick up at least 20 PALC on the way. Wasn't pretty.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Shady Business AP

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 09:44

Jobyone wrote:In shady Business I have been asked to take the prototype Acinonyx back to Lost Order. when i enter the gate i am left stranded in an unknown and told to repair the Acinonyx .. I have tried everything and no luck I even changed the name of a satelite to HELP ..any hints on what to do appreciated
Hi,

this part of the plot is apparently designed to be trial and error. You need Hull plating to repair the ship quickly, but you don't have to collect them ... You should be fast to successfully run away from the appearing enemy - fighting is not an option -, so collecting some speed tunings is not the worst thing to do. They will shoot at you with missiles, so you should outfit your ship with aft cannons. And then find the jump drive components (3 batches).

That's "all" Grin

cu
Rainer

dadmod
x3ap

Post by dadmod » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 14:28

It really helps to spend the time necessary to repair to 100% hull strength with your repair laser. It seems to take forever though!! And of course, save your game before going after the dispersed crates. Speed is life!

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 16:34

dadmod wrote:It really helps to spend the time necessary to repair to 100% hull strength with your repair laser. It seems to take forever though!! And of course, save your game before going after the dispersed crates. Speed is life!
Or just pack some hull plating beforehand.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Thrake
x3ap

Re: Shady Business AP

Post by Thrake » Thu, 8. Feb 18, 17:45

RainerPrem wrote:
Jobyone wrote:In shady Business I have been asked to take the prototype Acinonyx back to Lost Order. when i enter the gate i am left stranded in an unknown and told to repair the Acinonyx .. I have tried everything and no luck I even changed the name of a satelite to HELP ..any hints on what to do appreciated
Hi,

this part of the plot is apparently designed to be trial and error. You need Hull plating to repair the ship quickly, but you don't have to collect them ... You should be fast to successfully run away from the appearing enemy - fighting is not an option -
Well... Personnaly I fought up to the point where the game started throwing M1 or M2 at me, the M7 were a tad hot to clear especially backed by a large fighter wing but I made it. After each wave comes nice time to breathe and do stuff safely and allows to pick about all you could hope for. Cargo management was important though and eventually I still had to bow down to the M2/M1 as I was short of missiles/drones but it's not exactly as if a bunch of turtoise would be able to chase me down at that point :) So I would say, it's an option, even if just a temporary one.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Feb 18, 21:12

@ Thrake: I think you are talking about a different area of the plot than the OP is.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 9. Feb 18, 05:40

Alan Phipps wrote:@ Thrake: I think you are talking about a different area of the plot than the OP is.
I don't think he does. If you take to long to find the jump drive components, Xenon capitals start to appear everywhere in the sector. But the swarms of Ls are more dangerous than those.

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Feb 18, 17:49

Fair enough. I must have avoided that bit in my couple of play-throughs. Each time I ran out of Acinonyx cargo space and jumped away with the best loot that I could find before any/too many major capital threats turned up. :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 9. Feb 18, 18:57

I'm actually increasingly scared of that part. I'm running for X-treme and at crusader now. I was at warrior/militant the first time and the Xenon shipyard part still threw at me a few Qs and whatnot.

For some reason I always feel done with the game once all the plots have been completed, so I have a heavy dragon parked somewhere and never want to actually deliver it.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 9. Feb 18, 20:20

fireanddream wrote:I'm actually increasingly scared of that part. I'm running for X-treme and at crusader now.
No need. I took the X-treme first, before any test drives. It was not a success on first or second attempt, but not really hard either once I got the speed.

Yes, there were Capitals, eventually. Cannot say whether more than on some lower combat rank for this was my one and only playthrough.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 07:44

fireanddream wrote:I'm actually increasingly scared of that part. I'm running for X-treme and at crusader now.
You can dock at the Kyoto and take it with you on the mission if you want. The mission is much more fun this way, especially at high combat rank. And you get to overtune the Kyoto and potentially other ships up to M6.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”