[MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 24. Nov 16, 22:56

I just diffed the x3_universe.xml from 1.7.0 to 1.7.2, they were identical. So it shouldn't be a problem, I will try it in the next days. :)

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Mon, 28. Nov 16, 20:46

BlackArchon wrote:I just diffed the x3_universe.xml from 1.7.0 to 1.7.2, they were identical. So it shouldn't be a problem, I will try it in the next days. :)
I think I did something similar (many Ringo Moons ago) and so hence no update ... Thanks for rechecking :)
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 28. Nov 16, 20:56

I'm now some hours in a new LU 1.7.2 game and there weren't any problems until now. :)

Urschleim
x4

Post by Urschleim » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 14:50

Wonderful mod, thanks!

SmackinJuice
x3tc

Post by SmackinJuice » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 07:16

IEX 1.5b TC Map Hot FixFor vanilla TC games only (ie. not XRM or TCAP), a small & simple hot fix may be applied using this file to avoid a full IEX 1.5b download.
Unpack the map file and place it in the '\maps' folder for TC. Please note that this should only be done for vanilla TC games only (not AP or LUV/XRM/TCAP).

do I still need to do this? as in even with the updated 1.5b file, or was this something for people who had a previous version aka 1.5a.

also what would I use to upack the file with? Thank you for anyone's help.

tearing

Post by tearing » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 17:50

extract using any program you own / you prefer incase you got more than 1.

yes you still need it.because X3AP and X3TC have different x3_universe.xml.

short explanation. if you are using the "normal" x3_universe.xml file, your game will build the universe based on that file (using X3AP universe layout).
but, if you are using the hotfix, the game will build the universe based on the X3TC layout, the difference are only on how the sector looks.

SmackinJuice
x3tc

Post by SmackinJuice » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 21:46

Ok i'm really confused, cause I loaded up x3tc without the hotfix and I thought the game looked fine.

7zip didn't work to extract? can you direct me to a program that will work? also which file am I doing it too as I got the 2 files (which were renamed into 14, 14.dat, and 15, 15.dat) as explained in the OP. is it the 1.5B so 15 I believe that I need to extract into?

and even if I extract it do I need to re-archive it? is there a link that step by step this? I've never done something like this before.

edit

I got the x3 editor 2 from some googling, will try using this.

Ok I don't get it, so even if I extract it don't I have to repack? this is so confusing. can someone upload the finish file? I really don't mind downloading 300 megabyte file considering this is taking me so long to do.

edit 2

I think I got it to work, I just added the file and it asked if I wanted to replace. the new file the TC fix is bigger than the original that was in there, so when I clicked on the replaced file and checked properties it was the same size.

guess I got it. how would I know if I did it right? what should I look for?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 22:04

To install the IEX 1.5b TC Map Hot Fix (on top of the normal IEX installation), all you have to do is:
  1. Download the hotfix here. (The file you download is a .rar archive.)
  2. Extract the .rar archive. In it you find the file "x3_universe.xml", which is the map file you are looking for.
  3. Create a folder called "maps" in your X3 Terran Conflict installation directory.
  4. Copy the x3_universe.xml there.
  5. Done.
The reason why you don't have to put the map file into a catalog pair is the loading order of files in the game directory. Loose files in folders take priority over those in catalog files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

bgi123
x4

How can I remove fog?

Post by bgi123 » Tue, 2. May 17, 04:06

Is there a way for me to remove all fog?

I got it working with fake patch method you mention, but they aren't ordered numerically like you have it its 10-13 instead.

I am using LU mod and I liked less dense dust or fog particles. Is there a way for me to tone it down or get rid of it? It is giving me headaches for some reason.

WildDoktor
x3ap

Post by WildDoktor » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 09:23

Hi; just getting into X3AP with Litcube, so here's another thread resurrection by me!

I am having some issues with the ie / iex / LUVu install (I think).

I have no external ship views...I can target ships, simply cannot see them.

I'm a bit confused with this statement:
A small 'fake' patch is required to experience IEX with the latest version of Litcube's Universe (LUV 1.7.0), this is called LUi and can be found here or here.

Unpack the zip file and then order the cat/dat files as follows:

For LUV (AP only) in the 'addon' folder...
01-04 EGOSOFT stuff
05-09 LUV
10 IE
11 IEX
12 LUi
Since I'm running LUV1.7.2, do I copy LUi 170.15b.cat and LUi 170.15b.dat into the x3\addons folder and rename them 12.cat and 12.dat? Currently there's only 01-09.cat/.dat in there.

Thanks for any help!

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 14:58

WildDoktor wrote:Hi; just getting into X3AP with Litcube, so here's another thread resurrection by me!

I am having some issues with the ie / iex / LUVu install (I think).

I have no external ship views...I can target ships, simply cannot see them.

I'm a bit confused with this statement:
A small 'fake' patch is required to experience IEX with the latest version of Litcube's Universe (LUV 1.7.0), this is called LUi and can be found here or here.

Unpack the zip file and then order the cat/dat files as follows:

For LUV (AP only) in the 'addon' folder...
01-04 EGOSOFT stuff
05-09 LUV
10 IE
11 IEX
12 LUi
Since I'm running LUV1.7.2, do I copy LUi 170.15b.cat and LUi 170.15b.dat into the x3\addons folder and rename them 12.cat and 12.dat? Currently there's only 01-09.cat/.dat in there.

Thanks for any help!
You install Litcube normally, then install IE + IEX, and after that you install the LUi patch, just the same as IE and IEX, you copy and rename it to 12.

See the normal install instruction for Albion Prelude on the first page to get an idea:
"Albion Prelude
1). Download IE 1.1 from here (104MB)
2). Copy & rename the cat/dat to ...\X3TC\addon\05.cat & ...\X3TC\addon\05.dat
3). Download IEX 1.5b from here or here (316MB)
4). Copy & rename the cat/dat to ...\X3TC\addon\06.cat & ...\X3TC\addon\06.dat
5). Set View Distance to Medium for best effect (View distances in TBackgrounds.txt have been extended)
6). Run X3AP"

Instead of 05, you get 10, instead of 06 you get 11, and at the end you put the patch, 12.

WildDoktor
x3ap

Post by WildDoktor » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 20:12

dreamer2008 wrote:
You install Litcube normally, then install IE + IEX, and after that you install the LUi patch, just the same as IE and IEX, you copy and rename it to 12.

See the normal install instruction for Albion Prelude on the first page to get an idea:
"Albion Prelude
5). Set View Distance to Medium for best effect (View distances in TBackgrounds.txt have been extended)
6). Run X3AP"

Instead of 05, you get 10, instead of 06 you get 11, and at the end you put the patch, 12.
Oh! Well, looks like I totally mis-understood the IE + IEX install instructions. I am unpacking the zip files, renaming the IE cat/dat files to 05 & 14, and renaming the IEX cat/dat files to 06 & 15 (overwriting 05 and 06 in the \addon folder).

I'll try it your way instead (rename IE to 10 and 14 and IEX to 11 and 15) and see how it goes! Then the LUi at 12 makes more sense.

EDIT
Well, that doesn't work either. I still have invisible ships when I do it this way. The main menu screen says "LUV 1.7.0 - IEX 15b" at the top, and "LU1.7.2 (Jerboa)" at the bottom right.

EDIT 2
Actually, it works! I had to start a new game (as everybody says and I forgot). Ships are invisible if I try to continue a saved game, but all is well (and amazing!) in a new game. My bad! I'll stop posting now and start playing. :D

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 20:44

WildDoktor wrote:
dreamer2008 wrote:

"Albion Prelude
6). Run X3AP"

Oh! Well, looks like I totally mis-understood the IE + IEX install instructions. I am unpacking the zip files, renaming the IE cat/dat files to 05 & 14, and renaming the IEX cat/dat files to 06 & 15 (overwriting 05 and 06 in the \addon folder).

I'll try it your way instead (rename IE to 10 and 14 and IEX to 11 and 15) and see how it goes! Then the LUi at 12 makes more sense.

EDIT
Well, that doesn't work either. I still have invisible ships when I do it this way. The main menu screen says "LUV 1.7.0 - IEX 15b" at the top, and "LU1.7.2 (Jerboa)" at the bottom right.
Nono, really bad, no overwrite is needed ever for cat/dat. You need to reinstall Litcube, install IE to number 10 cat and 10 dat, IEX 11 cat and 11 dat, and the patch as 12 cat and 12 dat. Its really easy.

Edit: Its definitely not good, you will hit major problems in the future, you need to do the proper install without the overwrites. And after you do that properly you need to start a new game, ofc.

WildDoktor
x3ap

Post by WildDoktor » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 20:58

dreamer2008 wrote:
Nono, really bad, no overwrite is needed ever for cat/dat. You need to reinstall Litcube, install IE to number 10 cat and 10 dat, IEX 11 cat and 11 dat, and the patch as 12 cat and 12 dat. Its really easy.

Edit: Its definitely not good, you will hit major problems in the future, you need to do the proper install without the overwrites. And after you do that properly you need to start a new game, ofc.
Thanks dreamer 2008! I forgot to mention that I have a couple copies of a clean, virgin x3tc install folder that I keep going back to when I'm trying these things, so now that I've confirmed a new game works with ie/iex, I'm blowing everything away and starting all the installs fresh. Should work just fine...in about 30 minutes when I'm done with all that. :-)

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 21:23

Ofc IE/IEX works, its my favorite way to play Litcube. It looks amazing :) .

WildDoktor
x3ap

Post by WildDoktor » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 23:28

Yes...it works, and it's amazing! :)

Playing now...there goes the next 3 months of my life. :roll: :D

Thanks so much for your help Dreamer2008!

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 20:54

Bit late to the party here but if memory serves, you can export your empire in LU, install this mod and then import your empire and IEX thinks its a new game start.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Thu, 22. Mar 18, 09:42

pictures don't really do this mod justice, it just looks better while playing
and gives a great ambiance to sectors!
one of my preferred mods, even though I generally favor gameplay enhancements over graphics

Hariwulf
xr

Post by Hariwulf » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 15:46

Please, could we get a version compatible with Mayhem 2?
Hariwulf

Atarax
x4

Re: [MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)

Post by Atarax » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 03:51

Hey guys, not too sure if I'm allowed to post bugs here Hoping that someone has perhaps come across this before or could point me in the right direction.

Some sectors in my game seem to have problems loading the skybox, eg. Black Hole Sun where the skybox is completely black.. some sectors are like this while some are not.. It's not game breaking, but I'm wondering if this might IEX related? I'm concerned to break anything by messing with my mod list!

I'm fairly new to X3 and modding it so apologies if I dont know something in advance. Here is my mod load order:

1-4 Egosoft

5-9 LU

10 IE (iex files)

11 IEX

12 LUi (Patch for IEX)

13 LU Gate Redesign mod

14 Cockpits

15 No Dust in sectors

https://scontent.fbne2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CBDC9C1

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”