EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Anyway to target the surface element only?
View previous topic :: View next topic
pooooot

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Jan 18, 08:30    Post subject: Anyway to target the surface element only? Reply with quote Print

As I have a powerful army, It becomes too easy to blow the enemy ship in a short time, but what I want is to board it not destroy it.

So, is there any mod or functionality that allows me to command my army destroying enemy's surface elements only(or drawback immediately after destroying them)?

Thanks!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 27. Jan 18, 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

from a scripting point its certainly do-able, but not trivially. (its either digging into the DO script or rewrite it from scratch). Also even if the Turrets aim only for surface elements it would probably not prevent Hull Hits, because the Turrets have too much spread and the travel time of bullets is too long (just my assumption, didnt test this yet...)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
oliverjanda

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Jan 18, 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Afaik there are only Mods (Boarding Target Protector and Hijack!) out there that protect a ship during a boarding operation, but not before.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Jan 18, 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Note: the former was an April Fools Joke by me which just blows up any Ship which Attacks the Ship currently being boarded Rolling Eyes

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
iforgotmysocks

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Jan 18, 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Well, the vanilla ai handles surface elements first. What u can do is use less ships for boarding and have them retreat if all elements are destroyed at the current position and have them engage again.

Sure it's a little work, but boarding would bring in way too much money if it were to be an even more 'farmable' activity. It basicly is one already.

@Uni, maybe concider taking that link down? I don't think times will change to the point where most ppl read something before they install it. xD
Or at least mention in the initial post that it's just an aprils fool. Very Happy

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Jan 18, 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

iforgotmysocks wrote:
@Uni, maybe concider taking that link down? I don't think times will change to the point where most ppl read something before they install it. xD
Or at least mention in the initial post that it's just an aprils fool. Very Happy

Nope, i think this is funny Razz

pooooot

PostPosted: Sun, 28. Jan 18, 05:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

UniTrader wrote:
Note: the former was an April Fools Joke by me which just blows up any Ship which Attacks the Ship currently being boarded Rolling Eyes

haha, I like it

pooooot

PostPosted: Sun, 28. Jan 18, 06:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Well, the vanilla ai handles surface elements first. What u can do is use less ships for boarding and have them retreat if all elements are destroyed at the current position and have them engage again.

Sure it's a little work, but boarding would bring in way too much money if it were to be an even more 'farmable' activity. It basicly is one already.

Ok, maybe I can write the mod myself one day, before the gate getting closed Very Happy

Requiemfang

PostPosted: Sun, 28. Jan 18, 06:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

pooooot wrote:
UniTrader wrote:

haha, I like it

Not so great when the boarding target shoots itself especially with your marine commander and marines on board. They go poof when the ship shoots itself. I learned that the hard way lol

oliverjanda

PostPosted: Mon, 29. Jan 18, 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I should have mentioned, the Boarding Target Protector I uploaded on steam doesnt blow up any ships. It stops capships from shooting and makes the boarding target indestructible as long as your marines are boarding

Requiemfang

PostPosted: Mon, 29. Jan 18, 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

oliverjanda wrote:
I should have mentioned, the Boarding Target Protector I uploaded on steam doesnt blow up any ships. It stops capships from shooting and makes the boarding target indestructible as long as your marines are boarding

you get those files I sent you through a PM?

oliverjanda

PostPosted: Mon, 29. Jan 18, 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

oh, yes. sorry for not replying. its pretty huge script and only had for a quick look so far

Requiemfang

PostPosted: Tue, 30. Jan 18, 02:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yeah I thought you'd like to see it anyways seeing how you showed some interest in it in another thread. Anyways I'll stop side tracking this thread now Laughing