Pirate syndicate ships not available in AP?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fireanddream
xr

Pirate syndicate ships not available in AP?

Post by fireanddream » Wed, 24. Jan 18, 15:06

I seem to remember owning a pirate syndicate hades, from pilot bailing, in vanilla AP. They are ships spawned from missions and will retain the audio tag, right?

I thought it was one of the enemy ships from shady business but in current playthrough Jonferco and Strongarm spawn mercenary ships, which lose their mercenary tag once cap. Beryll spawns Yaki assassin ships and same.

On a side note, "pirate" ships with and ID "MXXXX" aren't real pirates, are they? Why did my pirate rep still went down the drain?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 06:00

In X3TC's Goner plot, there is a stage when several "waves" of 2 pirate syndicate M8s are faced in quick succession, and they bail very readily - perhaps you are thinking of that? I don't remember, either way, whether these ships appear anywhere in X3AP.

Ships missing the factional prefix letter are indeed "factionless", so if you lost pirate reputation it may have been because there may have been some real ones mixed in - as far as I'm aware, that's the only possibility (other than the reputation loss being completely unrelated and coming from somewhere else entirely.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 06:57

RAVEN.myst wrote:In X3TC's Goner plot, there is a stage when several "waves" of 2 pirate syndicate M8s are faced in quick succession, and they bail very readily - perhaps you are thinking of that? I don't remember, either way, whether these ships appear anywhere in X3AP.

Ships missing the factional prefix letter are indeed "factionless", so if you lost pirate reputation it may have been because there may have been some real ones mixed in - as far as I'm aware, that's the only possibility (other than the reputation loss being completely unrelated and coming from somewhere else entirely.)
Upon close inspection of my own memory that seems to be the case. A few pirate osprey and hades in a big empty sector (elysium of light?). Sucks!

Will test again with those spawned mercenary ships. Thanks.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”