Warehouse problems ????

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nikola515
x4

Warehouse problems ????

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 22:18

I just noticed that cargo is totally broken in warehouses. For example manager will ignore cargo limit and will fill up station regardless what cargo it is. I used warehouse for mining and manager filled whole warehouse with crystals living no room for ore and silicon..... Is there way around this because this is making my warehouse useless at this point :(
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 22:30

just for clarification before I dig into the mining scripts:
you have used the vanilla mining command for ships operating for a station?
the cargo was filled by a single mining ship only?
(no other mining ships or incoming Traders selling crystals)
and your target amount was in place for long enough?
(at least since before the mining ship started operating)

also don't blame the manager. the only things he does are Zone trading and maybe creating Trade offers. what and how much to mine and unload is entirely decided by the captain of the mining ship.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 22:39

I'm not using any mining mods or anything like that. I assigned 4 L mining ships and around 20 M mining ships. Also I have around 3 L ships and around 10 M selling (that is rough number that I use for each warehouse) . Buying and selling prices are at minimum (buy/sell as low as possible).

Edit: I clicked off buy option and it seems that miners will stop mining (Nividium) somewhat. But if you look Nividium and Silicon are over limit.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 32B1E5165/

You can see here that crystals and plasma are way off.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 53B07C24B/
Last edited by Nikola515 on Sun, 31. Dec 17, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 22:50

I have noticed this Problem in my Game too. My warehouses get filled with Nividium. The Manager got multiple Mining ships for ores and liquids. my warehouse in omicron Even buy ores from Time to Time.... This is annoying since i wanted it to Mine and sell them to npc, but the buy Order is needed to get ships mining.
My warehouses in Devries are just filling up with Nividium and ice and my stations starve for ores. I thought i could save some ships buy Setting up a Mining warehouse which will do the mining and distribute the ressources to my stations instead of assigning a Mining ships to each Station...

I play with some mods namely cwir and Station push wares for better distribution and some other QoL mods. Should use vanilla Mining scripts.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 00:24

Just to make sure (please don't hate me for this!), you *have* manually set stock limits? If so, then this issue must be a new 'feature' in 4.30, as it was working perfectly in the previous version, in which I tested warehouse functionality extensively, both as a trade hub and as the JMC Mining Platform Red Wharf (I haven't played more than a half-hour or so in the current version, so I haven't been anywhere near using warehouses since the latest update.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 01:26

That was the first thing I do ;) I remember testing warehouse when HoL was in beta and I didn't have any problems with it at all (only manager asking for more ships and it had over 200 ;) ). Than all of a sudden with this last update this problem started. I didn't paly game after HoL so I'm not sure when this all started :(

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 08:26

Nikola515 wrote:That was the first thing I do ;)
I figured as much, but had to make sure :D
Nikola515 wrote:I remember testing warehouse when HoL was in beta and I didn't have any problems with it at all (only manager asking for more ships and it had over 200 ;) ). Than all of a sudden with this last update this problem started. I didn't paly game after HoL so I'm not sure when this all started :(
Then it's probably a new issue - at least, I never experienced anything like it in 4.10, in which I used warehouses heavily.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 13:15

I started to build new warehouses, One for each mineable ressource...

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 03:47

If only there was CLS2 for my warehouses for inter system trade..

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 06:09

ajime wrote:If only there was CLS2 for my warehouses for inter system trade..
That's exactly what I've wished for, too - that way, the warehouses could be hubs, collection/distribution centres.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 19:36

There is a Mod like this for Rebirth. I think it was MT Station Logistics or something like that. I didn't played with it though.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 02:11

Is there any update from devs about warehouse? Will this problem be fixed in future ?

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 18:29

I'm not sure if this is bug or if it is intended.... When I got 4 star manager to warehouse and I couldn't select buy/sell option at the same time(I can select only one at time). One of them was always grayed out and I couldn't select it do to my manager skill being too low ? I wouldn't understand if I had one or two star managers but 4 star manager is somewhat overkill. I changed manager to 5 star and warehouse is working as intended (cargo limit is still broken though) :(

To produce problem add 4 star manager to empty warehouse ( I had only one bulk module finished). Manually select items that you want (ore in my case). When trying to select check boxes buy/sell only one can be selected at time.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 03:52

Well, my two cents.

I'm sorry to see that I'm not the only one having problems here. I've set up my warehouse to accommodate my mining operations, using it to supply my stations with raw materials. My warehouse manager is filling up on crystals and silicon, practically ignoring ore and nividium. Same with stocking up on ions, almost ignoring plasma and hydrogen. I'd originally set up the stock levels balanced between the wares in the ware types.

I thought perhaps it was three new mods I haven't used before, YAT, AutoCrew and/or Warehouse Conveyor. Apparently not.

Now I've X'd out all the wares the manager controlled, and am resetting everything for the warehouse. Now trying to find a place to dump the excess wares.

My miners are 5 stars, supplied by AutoCrew mod. Maybe that's the problem? I have no idea.

Regards,
Thu

Senar
x4

Post by Senar » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 06:51

No, this problem is occured in vanilla too. And I noticed, that managers are nothing to do with it. It is all captains' fault. Captains of mining ships, they no longer check if there are enough place for wares where they transfer cargo.

You can do this yourself. Get a station with a certain cargo type (bulk for example), then get some large amount of this type ware onto your ship and order it to transfer (not trade via Shift+T !) cargo to your station. If ship cargo exceeds ware limits on your station you will see yellow exclamation mark on your station in property list. If you investigate - you'll see that ware going over limit. This will work with any station, not only Warehouses. Transfer order dont make checks if there is enough place for transfered wares, if you (or your Trader) transfer ware onto station.

Mining operations for Warehouses seems to use this transfer logic, while ordinary stations don't. In order to prevent this you can do several things:

1) Make mining warhouses only for different types of raw resources. If wares have separate cargoholds (i.e. different ware types), there will be no problems like this. For example - Warehouse for Ice (Bulk) and Ions (Liquid), or for Silicon (Bulk) and Hydrogen (Liquid). Not Ice and Ore (both are bulk) - Ore, beign very fast to mine, will take all of your available space (likely), leaving your short on Ice.

-- OR --

2) Assign more traders to your warehouses, so they can sell wares slightly faster than your miners get them. The faster resource fills up available space - the more traders you should assign. Harder to achieve, but easier to manage, than variant 1. If you make warehouses with miners to supply your own stations with raw resources - this will be harder to balance though.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”